The Manchester United Thread

How can anyone sign a player who is not available unless player goes on strike?

At least he stood by his word and delivered. He said there will be more than 3 ins and 3 outs this season and there were many. He said we are not worried about breaking records and he broke our and PL record and also spent most money in a single window (By ManUtd).

I for one am happy that instead of improving bank balance he is fully committed to improve the first team.

No I'm very happy with the window don't get me wrong, I just think it's a bit O.T.T to start hailing Woody as a genius etc.

I don't think that's gonna be a lineup. 4-2-3-1 lacks cover on wings. 3-5-2 lacks cover at CB. I expect it to be 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 or whatever you wanna call it. That's the only formation that has sufficient depth nearly everywhere.

4-2-3-1? Our wingers would be Di Maria, Mata, Januzaj and one of Young/Valencia. Either Rooney or Mata will have to play as winger.

No I'm very happy with the window don't get me wrong, I just think it's a bit O.T.T to start hailing Woody as a genius etc.

I think most calling him genius is sort of tongue in cheek or sort of pay back for calling for his head whole summer.

Finally someone who is more objective in his judgement ^^

Falcao was offered to every club in Europe on transfer deadline day. All Woodward had to was was dip into his unlimited budget and sanction a move #genius

Again let me repeat, credit to Woody for some of the deals he pulled off but let's not pretend he is some genius just yet

Give any competent businessman an asset like United with it's unlimited budget and stature and they could attract players as well. Credit where credit is due but it gets annoying once it descends too much into hyperbole. Although I am genuinely impressed by how Woody got Rojo

Cleverley confirmed going to Villa on loan... meh.... we're losing him for nothing then.
Least he is gone and will get the chance to have a decent career. Good luck to him. Maybe Rothwell or Pearson will be able to come through now in the next 12 months.

ManUtd signed Shaw and Herrera we had few other fans saying how no clubs tried to sign them.
Chelsea signed Costa and Luis who were not chased by any club at all but not a word was said.
Liverpool signed Markovic, Balotelli and few others who were not chased by any clubs.

ManUtd signed Di Maria, we had other fans here saying how no club were in for him and he is not the player we needed even when he was a massive improvement on our CMs and winger.
We signed Rojo, then the tune was he is not good enough.
Falcao: Yeah but he is not a CB or CM so he is a waste of money even when we sold Hernandez and Welbeck and our strikers options were Rooney and RVP both with bad injury records.

No matter whom and how we sign, either our fans or opposition fans always moan at out transfers.

For **** sake guys no one is calling him a genius! **** me it was all tongue in cheek after the stick he got last window **** sake. Least he delivered what LVG asked for that's all im bothered about and all that matters to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For **** sake guys no one is calling him a genius! **** me it was all tongue in cheek after the stick he got last window **** sake. Least he delivered what LVG asked for that's all im bothered about and all that matters to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. He delivered what he promised. Would have liked one more CM but maybe it was too much to ask in a single window.

If it was tongue in cheek then fair play ... The only reason I responded is because you seem to have go on about it for the whole day lol so I thought you were being serious

It's exciting to really have that totally lethal striker in the box like we had with Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Rooney and RVP you don't get that same impression any more, well I don't anyway.

FFFs - whats people and their inability to understand sarcasm/irony/tongue firmly in cheek?

Best window of my life and my life is quite long unfortunately. People may well still complain but thats the simple truth!

Also the prospect of seeing all of the players we bought (esp the two proven world class ones) playing together wearing THE SHIRT will surely keep me awake at night some!!!

Last edited:
If it was tongue in cheek then fair play ... The only reason I responded is because you seem to have go on about it for the whole day lol so I thought you were being serious
No worries mate just a bit of fun ;) as last summer was the opposite.

With this team, United should easily be title contenders. Pressure is on LVG but I am sure he wouldn't have it any other way!

Back