The Manchester United Thread

There is no chance we are gonna play 4231 or 433 till LVG is convinced 3412 is not going to work which he said would take 3 months. He will change a bit during matches but mostly will be 3412.

There is no chance we are gonna play 4231 or 433 till LVG is convinced 3412 is not going to work which he said would take 3 months. He will change a bit during matches but mostly will be 3412.

I know.. But still feel kinda sad that when do have a WC winger, he won't be 'winging'// =P

Ogden reporting that Villa can buy Cleverley for 7 Million in Jan if they are impressed with him.
Honestly though, what are the chances of that? It is his last year in his contract and under the bosman ruling they could just offer him a contract a month before his expires and just avoid the whole transfer fee thing.
that would be a whole lot simpler and cheaper for Villa to do and it makes sense financial wise. The only way I see us getting 7mill for him now is if another club comes in for him in Jan which I think will be highly unlikely unless he really turns on the magic.

Finally, a coach with an objective approach to managing this squad. Finally, we're removing players from the squad that should have been removed a long time ago, existing only out of sentimentality or skewed analysis.

Whether you lament the fact that we've sold a youth product (Welbeck), or even the fact that we've spent heavily on those outside (Di Maria & Falcao) the club, it is absolutely undeniable that something needed to be done in order to ensure that this club is to progress and thrive.

The fact is, Louis van Gaal has been brought in to achieve two things in three years :-

1. Establish a framework from the ground up, a vision, philosophy, that would continue in his absence and for the long-term future.

2. Restore United's competitiveness in a ruthless era where teams are generally stronger across the whole league.

In order to accomplish this, we have to come to terms with the fact that although the way Fergie sailed this ship was brilliant, it was something which depended on him to sustain itself.

We're moving to a brand new philosophy, new ideas, with new demands. These new standards are perhaps tough and harsh, but they expose the weaknesses and glorify the strengths of our collective squad. That which cannot adapt must be sacrificed for that which can..............for the sake of the club. Without which, we will lose our standing in this league.

Yes, there has to be a place for youth development, but even youth development must be renovated to produce the kind of players which lend to the philosophy. If they don't fit, they aren't worth investing in. To achieve anything akin to what Barca have achieved, we have to be willing to endure short term difficulties so that the long term is secure.

Sometimes you have to destroy a crumbling house to make way for a sure and stronger foundation. It's tough in the short term, but we need to be completely behind and on-board with what LvG is doing at the moment. One of the best posts ive read about UTD current state in a long time from another Forum!

What's with this united have lost their identity nonsense? why because we sold a player who wanted to leave in welbeck and signed a world class striker or because we let average tom go out on loan?

Only united can spend this much money on top players and the whole footballing world would slag it one way or another. I want top 4 just for fact that it's a massive **** you to everyone.

Honestly though, what are the chances of that? It is his last year in his contract and under the bosman ruling they could just offer him a contract a month before his expires and just avoid the whole transfer fee thing.
that would be a whole lot simpler and cheaper for Villa to do and it makes sense financial wise. The only way I see us getting 7mill for him now is if another club comes in for him in Jan which I think will be highly unlikely unless he really turns on the magic.
They will pay if they want to beat Everton to his signature at the end of the season :)

What's with this united have lost their identity nonsense? why because we sold a player who wanted to leave in welbeck and signed a world class striker or because we let average tom go out on loan?

Only united can spend this much money on top players and the whole footballing world would slag it one way or another. I want top 4 just for fact that it's a massive **** you to everyone.
People just over reacting mate. Im bit sad Welbs is gone but was never gonna be a starter or prolific STR.

I am sorry but this is hypocrisy at it's finest isn't it? United fans along with others were content to slag off Chelsea/City for 'buying the league' while they retreated to that smug self-expression of how United do things 'the right way'. Now obviously once United started doing the same by spending big, you can't really expect other fans to be quiet and not give some of it back to you

Dont get me wrong, I am not picking sides here or saying is one is right or wrong . I just don't really feel your anger/frustration is totally justified

Mata does not play well as a winger in a 4-2-3-1. He's much better in a 4-3-3 where he can drift inside like Silva often does for City.

The thing that's frustrating me is the comparison between Costa and Falcao everywhere. Why cant people just enjoy having 2 of the bets STRs to watch in our league.:)

The thing that's frustrating me is the comparison between Costa and Falcao everywhere. Why cant people just enjoy having 2 of the bets STRs to watch in our league.:)

I like both, but Costa isn't in same bracket as Falcao yet... pre-injury anyway, I haven't seen him after.

Perhaps Costa will reach it but Falcao much more proven at this stage.

Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world.. his stats and records at all his clubs prove this.

I think the loan gives us a years service of a world-class striker and gives us time to assess our options in the mean time, I don't think our intention will be to buy Falcao for the price Monaco have put in the contract which is meant to be like £46m? Too much for a 29 year old. (By that stage).

Last edited:
I am sorry but this is hypocrisy at it's finest isn't it? United fans along with others were content to slag off Chelsea/City for 'buying the league' while they retreated to that smug self-expression of how United do things 'the right way'. Now obviously once United started doing the same by spending big, you can't really expect other fans to be quiet and not give some of it back to you

Dont get me wrong, I am not picking sides here or saying is one is right or wrong . I just don't really feel your anger/frustration is totally justified

Not talking about the fans watch every pundit out there.

I think the loan gives us a years service of a world-class striker and gives us time to assess our options in the mean time, I don't think our intention will be to buy Falcao for the price Monaco have put in the contract which is meant to be like £46m? Too much for a 29 year old. (By that stage).
Thought it was 46m euros, not sure though. Think we will if he bangs in the gls and will replace RVP who I can see retiring if he is constantly injured again.

Thought it was 46m euros, not sure though. Think we will if he bangs in the gls and will replace RVP who I can see retiring if he is constantly injured again.

Dunno, I reckon we're giving ourselves time to assess other options, Falcao kinda old to pay that much.

Be interesting to see how he does this season though, everything would suggest he suits the BPL.

Dunno, I reckon we're giving ourselves time to assess other options, Falcao kinda old to pay that much.

Be interesting to see how he does this season though, everything would suggest he suits the BPL.
Yes bit but could still have 5 yrs at the top level from now. Lets just enjoy :P

God **** it my Sky is playing up and non of the usuall streams seem to be working. Gonna miss Utd in press at 18:30 if my sky does not get sorted **** **** keck :(

Back