Would like to see us line up like this for Qpr game

GK-De Gea

WBS-Rafa,Shaw

CBS-Smalling,Jones,Rojo

CMS-Herrera,Blind

AMC-Di Maria

STRS-Rooney,RVP

BENCH- Lindergaard,Evans,Blacket,Valencia,Fletcher,Januzaj,Falcao

Juan Mata whispers in your ear "Put me in the squad".

I'd love a front 4 (if a 4-2-3-1) of januzaj, mata, di maria and falcao. doubt we'd see that though unless a change of formation and one reason or another rvp/rooney are out.

Finally, a coach with an objective approach to managing this squad. Finally, we're removing players from the squad that should have been removed a long time ago, existing only out of sentimentality or skewed analysis.

Whether you lament the fact that we've sold a youth product (Welbeck), or even the fact that we've spent heavily on those outside (Di Maria & Falcao) the club, it is absolutely undeniable that something needed to be done in order to ensure that this club is to progress and thrive.

The fact is, Louis van Gaal has been brought in to achieve two things in three years :-

1. Establish a framework from the ground up, a vision, philosophy, that would continue in his absence and for the long-term future.

2. Restore United's competitiveness in a ruthless era where teams are generally stronger across the whole league.

In order to accomplish this, we have to come to terms with the fact that although the way Fergie sailed this ship was brilliant, it was something which depended on him to sustain itself.

We're moving to a brand new philosophy, new ideas, with new demands. These new standards are perhaps tough and harsh, but they expose the weaknesses and glorify the strengths of our collective squad. That which cannot adapt must be sacrificed for that which can..............for the sake of the club. Without which, we will lose our standing in this league.

Yes, there has to be a place for youth development, but even youth development must be renovated to produce the kind of players which lend to the philosophy. If they don't fit, they aren't worth investing in. To achieve anything akin to what Barca have achieved, we have to be willing to endure short term difficulties so that the long term is secure.

Sometimes you have to destroy a crumbling house to make way for a sure and stronger foundation. It's tough in the short term, but we need to be completely behind and on-board with what LvG is doing at the moment. One of the best posts ive read about UTD current state in a long time from another Forum!

This post is awesomely awesome!!!!!!!!!

Amazing how fergie rated cleverley so highly and a couple years later he has a loan move to villa.

A bad injury a loss of confidence and 2 managers that never rated him. And that's all she wrote!

What bad injury? the fairly standard one that happened in 2011? Maybe it was the start to him losing form or maybe he never really has that ability we all though at one point.

I wish him well but he lived of a run of games in 2011 and never performed close to that again, plus the nonsense about how the spanish would love him.

What bad injury? the fairly standard one that happened in 2011? Maybe it was the start to him losing form or maybe he never really has that ability we all though at one point.

I wish him well but he lived of a run of games in 2011 and never performed close to that again, plus the nonsense about how the spanish would love him.
That injury killed him basically, struggled to get in the team after that. But was never gonna be a st teamer after that with the players infront of him. Hopefully he can get his career back on track and have a decent career.

It's pretty simple. If we slag off Woodward for dithering, then you'd have to be extremely bitter not to congratulate him when he gets it done. Not only did we get a lot of work done, including some huge names, we got a lot of deadwood out/sidelined, got some good youth out on loan. Upset to lose Danny, but I do not blame him for leaving, club didnt treat him well in the last 2 years.

What's with this united have lost their identity nonsense? why because we sold a player who wanted to leave in welbeck and signed a world class striker or because we let average tom go out on loan?

Only united can spend this much money on top players and the whole footballing world would slag it one way or another. I want top 4 just for fact that it's a massive **** you to everyone.

You can tell who is clued up and who is not, by those pundits who do/dont realise we have debuted 6 academy players this season.
Anyone who think we've turned from youth is an idiot.

You can tell who is clued up and who is not, by those pundits who do/dont realise we have debuted 6 academy players this season.
Anyone who think we've turned from youth is an idiot.
I know lol. This will never happen even LVG has said despite the 1st team being his priority this year, the youth is already in his plans.

It's pretty simple. If we slag off Woodward for dithering, then you'd have to be extremely bitter not to congratulate him when he gets it done. Not only did we get a lot of work done, including some huge names, we got a lot of deadwood out/sidelined, got some good youth out on loan. Upset to lose Danny, but I do not blame him for leaving, club didnt treat him well in the last 2 years.

Meh, can;t make my mind up, one hand is saying it's a terrible move by us and could hand Arsenal a big boost with a striker they are lacking... not considering they will be 4th place rivals... which is the aim for us this season as a minimum expectation.

On the other hand we've signed one of the best strikers in the world for a year in Falcao of a season that is absolutely crucial to meet the expectations and it may well give James Wilson an opportunity to be 4th striker.

I know lol. This will never happen even LVG has said despite the 1st team being his priority this year, the youth is already in his plans.
He's already made changes, the youth are learning how to play 3 man back lines to with a 4 man back line for example

Meh, can;t make my mind up, one hand is saying it's a terrible move by us and could hand Arsenal a big boost with a striker they are lacking... not considering they will be 4th place rivals... which is the aim for us this season as a minimum expectation.

On the other hand we've signed one of the best strikers in the world for a year in Falcao of a season that is absolutely crucial to meet the expectations and it may well give James Wilson an opportunity to be 4th striker.

I am upset about Danny, but more because he wanted to leave because we disenchanted him so much over the last two years. Ferguson and Moyes carry the can for that.

After some consideration I'd say Falcao's signing is a bit of a tipping point. It is no longer good enough to call this transistion season where its fine to just battle for the top 4. After a window like this, Van Gaal just has to get this squad to at least compete for the title. Everything else will be a dissapointment.

After some consideration I'd say Falcao's signing is a bit of a tipping point. It is no longer good enough to call this transistion season where its fine to just battle for the top 4. After a window like this, Van Gaal just has to get this squad to at least compete for the title. Everything else will be a dissapointment.
Sorry but that just aint true.

Back