The Manchester United Thread

James Ducker ✔ @DuckerTheTimes
Follow
Jones & Young next in line after Smalling signs new contract but Evans' future appears increasingly uncertain #MUFC Chris Smalling commits long-term future to Old Trafford | The Times
10:06 AM - 22 Apr 2015
New deal for Chris Smalling after recent strong form, means Arsenal...
Chris Smalling has signed a new four-year contract with Manchester United that will tie him to the club until June 2019. Arsenal were interested in the England centre-half, whose previous deal had...

The Times of London @thetimes
37 RETWEETS 19 FAVORITES

Retweet

Favorite

(a) Hummels will come in imo due to him being a top CB, LVG has admitted he likes him and is a brilliant ball playing CB and fits the philosophy. Can see Clyne coming in as an option at RB and is cheap and had a good season.

(b) I would Evans as he has regressed and don't think he will improve or get back to a decent standard. Thorpe will be gone as there have been talks he is not going to get a new contract, which is strange as I thought he was better than Keane,Mc Nair, Blackett etc.

(c) If I was to pick my starting 4 for the 1st game of next season, it would be Valencia-Smalling-Hummels-Shaw. That defence has everything imo. Pace on the wings going for overlapping in LVG system from the FBs plus they are good in defence and can get up and down all day. And the CBs are perfect Hummels has the leadership and coolness with the ball at his feet and good at building up play from the back which is key with possession style football we are now playing. Smalling has pace and good recovery skills and is a beast in the air.

Hope I did that right :)

Almost - but Valencia is not a full back however valiantly he tries ...

Thank **** you banned him. Took you some time.

hqdefault.jpg

Tomorrow marks a year since United sacked David Moyes. What are your favourite/worst memories of Fergie's successor? Was he doomed to fail or did he cause his own downfall? I personally don't think he was right for us, but he wasn't a complete failure. He signed Mata and kept Rooney, plus Januzaj was given a chance under him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...-anniversary-louis-van-gaal-sir-alex-ferguson

Nothing beats those 788 or whatever crosses in a single match for me. That and his reaction when we equalised Fulham!

Sad times.

He managed making me bored to death watching us which was a first for me.

Last edited:
Almost - but Valencia is not a full back however valiantly he tries ...
I think hes been good tbh and is getting better. Yeah lol that video sure does. Least Woodie aint got no excuses now. Bale,Depay,Hummels,Clyne,Pogba,Strootman,Martinez the list is there, and you could tell in the glint in LVGs eye that there the players he wants. Get it done Woodie :p

I think hes been good tbh and is getting better. Yeah lol that video sure does. Least Woodie aint got no excuses now. Bale,Depay,Hummels,Clyne,Pogba,Strootman,Martinez the list is there, and you could tell in the glint in LVGs eye that there the players he wants. Get it done Woodie :p

If any of the three highlighted ones come Ill eat my hat (gladly about Bale and Pog). Id still take Vidal over Strootman and/or for the bwm/bbm/cm position.

That's a fantastic video. I know almost all clubs do it and it's fantastic to watch these kind of videos. As many players said Van Gaal is really fantastic person.
Class! My 2 fave bits were the kid asking if Fellaini hair was real or a wig. And the transfer list bit, LVG really played along :)

is it just me or does any 1 eles have this feeling we will not sign most if any of the players we have been linked with and de gea will be at real next season

Rumour is Lloris wants to leave Spurs. If De Gea really wants to leave, it would be fantastic replacement. Great keeper and big backroom personality from what I hear.

Rumour is Lloris wants to leave Spurs. If De Gea really wants to leave, it would be fantastic replacement. Great keeper and big backroom personality from what I hear.

Lloris could also go straight to Madrid too.

He would be one of my choices but Levy would proper shaft us. I would go for Leno from Leverkusen, has been fantastic this season and is young and can be a top GK for us for over a decade. Rumours are he could leave for 18m and that's a bargain for a keeper of his quality.

[video=youtube;HBbfrLlHwDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=140&v=HBbfrLlHwDA[/video]

The clip he was talking about.

[video=youtube;2EmoMzV5QUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EmoMzV5QUc[/video]

Lloris could also go straight to Madrid too.

I'm certain Ancelotti would be happy with either of them. But, that's not how Perez operates. He will be after a galactico signing. This summer even more then usual, because Barca has a transfer ban. Madrid has their endless ****-measuring competition with Barca on who gets biggest transfer of the year and they'll want to capitalize on that this summer.