The Manchester United Thread

I'm actually not to fussed about loosing De Gea. Don't know why since he's probably top3 Gks in the world, but if the guy doesn't want to play for Man United, then he should go. There are some decent Gks on the market, Leno being the best choice for me. Heck, in the 'worst' case, we can try and get Cech and he should be relatively cheap and offer at lest 3 years on his top level. Just get consistent GK, he doesn't need to be anything special, someone with good communication with potentially new defensive partnership. I would be more concerned if United doesn't sign player who's capable of taking the game on his own, someone who can create chance for him self and the others.

I see what you re saying. But Im fed up really with Real M poaching away our world class players whenever they feel like it.

Anyone with any idea about the tall GK we signed last season. Vanja milinkovic, he is 6.8 ft tall and just 18 years old :eek:

Milinkovic.jpg

Maybe a future keeper for us?

Anyone with any idea about the tall GK we signed last season. Vanja milinkovic, he is 6.8 ft tall and just 18 years old :eek:

Milinkovic.jpg

Maybe a future keeper for us?
Been hit and miss this season, not ready yet but has shown glimpses of quality. Perera is better at the min.

I see what you re saying. But Im fed up really with Real M poaching away our world class players whenever they feel like it.
Well, you can't be **** and say NO! to the player who wants to go to RM. RVP and Beckham were sold due to their argument with SAF, only Ronaldo was sold as he had wish to play there, even though United were better team at the moment. I wont be mad if David leaves, but I would be mad if he leaves for pennies.

Well, you can't be **** and say NO! to the player who wants to go to RM. RVP and Beckham were sold due to their argument with SAF, only Ronaldo was sold as he had wish to play there, even though United were better team at the moment. I wont be mad if David leaves, but I would be mad if he leaves for pennies.

What?

Thing thats peeing me off is all this we are just a FEEDER CLUB bollocks!

Research? Research is for wussies

Having nominated Wayne Rooney for Player of the Year and Louis van Gaal for Manager of the Year, you would not think the MailOnline's Adrian Durham would believe Manchester United need any summer signings at all. On the contrary, he thinks they should raid Borussia Dortmund.

A move for Ilkay Gundigan is apparently 'a no-brainer. This player is physical yet graceful. He can spot a pass and execute it first time. He's dynamic and never hides.'

Ah yes, a player so 'physical' that he missed a whole year with a back injury. A player so 'physical' that he makes just 1.5 tackles a match, putting him 14th on Dortmund's own list of prolific tacklers.

'Alongside him in that Dortmund midfield is Sven Bender - the German Carrick. These players make relatively few tackles because they anticipate and intercept - they read the game.'

Bender is indeed a master intercepticon, but Carrick? At 1.7 interceptions per game he is below nine other United players in that capacity. Including Ander Herrera, recently criticised by Durham for not being clever enough.

'What I'm saying here is that United may need two players to replace Carrick,' writes Durham. Mediawatch is left wondering whether he knows that United cannot actually play them both.

'And if Louis van Gaal is raiding Dortmund he might as well sign Armenia's finest Henrikh Mkhitaryan. What a playmaker this guy is.'

Well, why not? Van Gaal definitely should not be put off signing a 'playmaker' that has been credited with just one Bundesliga assist this season.

'I think he's a more positive version of Juan Mata - look how often the Spaniard gave the ball away at Goodison on Sunday. There's a lot to admire about Mata's game, but he is one of the guilty ones when you look at the reasons for United being ponderous in their build-up.'

That will be the Mata who has 12 combined Premier League goals and assists this season compared to three in the Bundesliga for Mkhitaryan. Oh and Mata's pass completion rate of 89.8% looks pretty impressive for somebody who gives the ball away. Mkhitaryan's? 73.9%. Sign him up.

Having nominated Wayne Rooney for Player of the Year and Louis van Gaal for Manager of the Year, you would not think the MailOnline's Adrian Durham would believe Manchester United need any summer signings at all. On the contrary, he thinks they should raid Borussia Dortmund.

A move for Ilkay Gundigan is apparently 'a no-brainer. This player is physical yet graceful. He can spot a pass and execute it first time. He's dynamic and never hides.'

Ah yes, a player so 'physical' that he missed a whole year with a back injury. A player so 'physical' that he makes just 1.5 tackles a match, putting him 14th on Dortmund's own list of prolific tacklers.

'Alongside him in that Dortmund midfield is Sven Bender - the German Carrick. These players make relatively few tackles because they anticipate and intercept - they read the game.'

Bender is indeed a master intercepticon, but Carrick? At 1.7 interceptions per game he is below nine other United players in that capacity. Including Ander Herrera, recently criticised by Durham for not being clever enough.

'What I'm saying here is that United may need two players to replace Carrick,' writes Durham. Mediawatch is left wondering whether he knows that United cannot actually play them both.

'And if Louis van Gaal is raiding Dortmund he might as well sign Armenia's finest Henrikh Mkhitaryan. What a playmaker this guy is.'

Well, why not? Van Gaal definitely should not be put off signing a 'playmaker' that has been credited with just one Bundesliga assist this season.

'I think he's a more positive version of Juan Mata - look how often the Spaniard gave the ball away at Goodison on Sunday. There's a lot to admire about Mata's game, but he is one of the guilty ones when you look at the reasons for United being ponderous in their build-up.'

That will be the Mata who has 12 combined Premier League goals and assists this season compared to three in the Bundesliga for Mkhitaryan. Oh and Mata's pass completion rate of 89.8% looks pretty impressive for somebody who gives the ball away. Mkhitaryan's? 73.9%. Sign him up.

Durham is a first class moron and clearly what he knows about football can be written on the back of a stamp

Durham is a first class moron and clearly what he knows about football can be written on the back of a stamp

My problem with these people is that they have such an interesting job (I mean come on their hobby is they is their job) and they dont bother to make basic research before they open their mouth ...

My problem with these people is that they have such an interesting job (I mean come on their hobby is they is their job) and they dont bother to make basic research before they open their mouth ...

Got to say I agree would give my right arm to be in a job like his

3m
Daniel Feliciano @dmf180593
.@ianherbs says #MUFC have offered £200k p/w to David De Gea and are confident they can keep him for one more season.
Daniel Feliciano @dmf180593
Deal would be made knowing De Gea will leave next year should Real Madrid come in for him but will give #MUFC stronger negotiating position.
10:52 PM - 28 Apr 2015
1 1 Retweet 2 2 favorites

Probably best option if his mind is made up :(

FYI: Anyone who calls either of the Benders the German Carrick is a ***.

FYI2: Not convinced you should be using DMF as a verified source, in all honesty

Last edited:
They will appeal and get one window, like Barca. If anything, this is terrible news for you because it means if they wantDDG, they need to go all out for him this summer.
Yes but least we will be stronger in the negotiations. Talk today though of him excepting a new 6yr 200k a week deal.

Back