The Manchester United Thread

Kinda agree...we stood by him during his dark or rather "transitional" stage

I expect him to do the same...at least for now...

When ronaldo left us, we qualified for the UCL finals...we were in great shape...

Losing de gea at this stage would only complicate things

That's not what is irritating me. He has already repaid us for standing by him with his performances over the past two years. And yes, he is probably the main reason we're in the CL this year.. >_>

What is irritating me is the contract situation. I wouldn't mind so much about him leaving if he actually left us with some bargaining power. That he is holding us hostage to Real is what is ******* off the most.

Dumping him into the reserves for an entire year is not exactly an option. He has been one of our best players, and like it or not, that will send the wrong message to the rest of the players (within and outside our club) about how we treat our players. Will actually make life difficult for the club, transfer and contract wise.

Why not simply let him run down his contract? From the looks of it, if Real aren't able to get him this window, they probably will be hit with a transfer ban, and won't be able to sign new players for a year. No way is de Gea waiting a year without contract, and no other club will take him in when they know he'll want to move to Real afterwards (only the big clubs will be able to afford his wages..) Anyhow, it doesn't seem like we aren't getting much a profit off of him..

David McDonnell @DiscoMirror
Man Utd insist no agreement in place with Real for transfer of De Gea, despite reports from Spain that he has agreed to join them #MUFC

Mark Ogden ✔@MOgdenTelegraph
Word from #mufc is that no deal done with Real Madrid for De Gea, contrary to reports in Spain. Time will tell if that remains the case...
7:17 PM - 15 May 2015

It's so obvious the De Gea is leaving. He can **** off, hopefully Barca and Atletico wins La Liga for years and Madrid wins **** all.

One, if not THE best goalkeeper in the world and we have no bargaining power whatsoever, why we ever allowed it to get this close I never know. Real Madrid should of been paying a bombshell to get him instead they'll end up mugging us cos we don't have any choice.

Also he's absolutely off, I'm sorry but no manager comes out and says that he has replacements lined up if a player is staying.

One, if not THE best goalkeeper in the world and we have no bargaining power whatsoever, why we ever allowed it to get this close I never know. Real Madrid should of been paying a bombshell to get him instead they'll end up mugging us cos we don't have any choice.

Also he's absolutely off, I'm sorry but no manager comes out and says that he has replacements lined up if a player is staying.

Bottle up this feeling and imagine it every transfer window and Congratulations, you know what being a Liverpool fan feels like haha

Bottle up this feeling and imagine it every transfer window and Congratulations, you know what being a Liverpool fan feels like haha

Well I'm still used to it, Ronaldo and then replaced by Valencia, nothing will ever hurt as much as that.

Well I'm still used to it, Ronaldo and then replaced by Valencia, nothing will ever hurt as much as that.

Luckily for you, you still had a very good team even with the departure of Ronaldo

De Gea will be a big loss but there are several good replacements available (Begovic at Stoke for as little as 8mil if other targets are difficult to sign)

We allowed it because De Gea stalled contract from last year. Club started early but De Gea stalled the deal and how is ******* off.

Great Goalkeeper but Manuel Neur the best for me. De Gea definitely in the top 3 if not top 2

What is OTT. He has put us in weak position and fans should be angry about that. We care about club, not players.

He's also put himself in the best position to get the move he wants. If he's done it on purpose then yeh he's **** on the club in a way but if its something he really wants and its whats best for him then why should he care what anyone else thinks?

What is OTT. He has put us in weak position and fans should be angry about that. We care about club, not players.
Bit rich that, considering you can't take into account he has a personal life. A partner that he wants to marry, who from all reports wants to relocate back home. He is Spanish, Madrid born and a Madrid club are showing interest in him. His family live in Madrid.

Do you hate him for that? Do you hate him for missing his family? Do you hate him for possibly being home sick? Do you hate him for wanting to be close to his Spanish family and friends?

Lads, if you read any of the decent journalists you'll realise that footballing and money reasons arent the main reason for him leaving. By all accounts hes happy at united, likes manchester and the boss.

The problem is all his friends live in Madrid and so does his long term girlfriend. He was always going to leave, it was just a matter of when.

Maybe a bit of handbags here from us. The official Facebook page have just posted and interview from Valdes and showing pictures of Valdes, Mata and Herrera. Saying how close they are and obviously all Spanish. Is it just a coincidence the club have chosen to highlight now the thoughts of a high profile back-up keeper and highlight the 3 spaniards at the club besides De Gea?

Bit rich that, considering you can't take into account he has a personal life. A partner that he wants to marry, who from all reports wants to relocate back home. He is Spanish, Madrid born and a Madrid club are showing interest in him. His family live in Madrid.

Do you hate him for that? Do you hate him for missing his family? Do you hate him for possibly being home sick? Do you hate him for wanting to be close to his Spanish family and friends?

No, him leaving is not the reason for the hate. You get used to some players leaving. Got used to Ronaldo leaving, and for anyone who watched that generation, there was nothing recently that hurt more than that. But Ronaldo was decent enough about it, gave the club good bargaining power, and the club got good compensation (RM still got a ****** steal, but it was a fair enough deal all around).

de Gea, by no definition of the term has done the above. He could have had a higher RC to Madrid, or had an agreement with us to move to Madrid, while signing an extension which would give us more bargaining power. He let his contract run down, and he wants to move, and is literally forcing our hand. That is what is ******* off.

That he wants to move is not the issue. The way he has gone about it is the issue. That is the reason for the hate, not him leaving. There wasn't this much hate when Ronaldo left, but de Gea is getting that much for that reason (atleast from me).

If he wants to leave, then let him go. Maybe he should have signed new contract to give his club a little bit more money. But the fact is, we don't know whats going on. I won't hold anything against him. If he leave, he'll be just another player who had his part in United team. There's plenty of goalkeepers out that that won't lose you the points. Yes, finding the keeper who would win you some is ******* hard, but I think United will be fine.

Back