The Manchester United Thread

That's exactly what he is doing at this moment. Letting the contract run down and will leave on free if not sold this summer.
Oh well we will see I guess. Everyones entitled to there own opinion. Anyways on another note, I hope Palace puts Stevie G home bow down the toilet :) And we beat the gunners and put pressure on them for 3rd.

Not enough Madrid are scumbags in this thread.

Selling club to Real, disgusting.

Yeah, don't like how de Gea has gone about his contract situation. But anyhow, I'm done, kinda irritating me more and more.

Hope we get Lloris or Leno. Don't really want Begovic as our main GK.

Pretty sure Di Marzio said something about us and Handanovic, he's rarely wrong.

I still believe the club has known this for a long time and Valdes didn't join us for nothing, he knew he'd get his shot when De Gea left.

They are not. They are doing what everyone club wants to do, strengthening their weak area.

They are and have been for years, they have their papers release story after story unsettling any player they want and then swoop in and no ****** can do anything to stop them, kinda admire them at times for how ruthless they are and not to mention how they treat some players see di maria.

Whatever is happening with De Gea, we'll all have a much clearer idea by 6pm tomorrow. I'd expect to see some kind of reaction from him if it is his final game at Old Trafford.

Why doesn't he owe us anything? He was signed for big money and on big contract. Club spent so much time and money to improve him and make him the player he is today. At least he should have done a decent thing and negotiated with club about signing extension and leave if so and so money is paid. If Madrid rate him so highly then obviously they will pay that.

And also he owe us for all the support he received from day 1 from everyone associated with the club.

I feel that most United fans are overexagerrating both of these.

You hardly plucked him from obscurity and made him a world class player. He was already brilliant at Atletico and it's not as of he wouldn't have improved if you hadn't bought him.

The support you've given him has mainly been to defend him against ludicrous accusations from the press and from many of your own fans. He hasn't been through some terrible period, **** he hasn't even looked rocky. He had a brief settling in period and that's been about as bad as it got.

I feel that most United fans are overexagerrating both of these.

You hardly plucked him from obscurity and made him a world class player. He was already brilliant at Atletico and it's not as of he wouldn't have improved if you hadn't bought him.

The support you've given him has mainly been to defend him against ludicrous accusations from the press and from many of your own fans. He hasn't been through some terrible period, **** he hasn't even looked rocky. He had a brief settling in period and that's been about as bad as it got.

The last part is completely rewriting history.

He was not brilliant, he had many weaknesses in the game. Saving low shots, commanding his area were more noticeable ones. He was good keeper with very high potential.

He was not brilliant, he had many weaknesses in the game. Saving low shots, commanding his area were more noticeable ones. He was good keeper with very high potential.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody makes a record goalkeeper transfer just for "high potential". Commanding the box is basically guaranteed to improve as player matures physically and mentally, so it wasn't much of a risk either.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody makes a record goalkeeper transfer just for "high potential". Commanding the box is basically guaranteed to improve as player matures physically and mentally, so it wasn't much of a risk either.

Non sense. There are keepers like Lloris, Valdes who are still poor at commanding area. It doesn't come with age, you should work on it to master it. For example, Courtois is a master of it and he is very young.

ManUtd paid record fee for teenagers twice just for potential, Rooney and Shaw. Liverpool paid 20 Million for Markovic. De Gea was good goal keeper with big scope for improvement. You just have to watch him to see where his weakness were.

No it's not: he was amazing for Atletico and was getting better season after season. When he came to England, he struggled briefly with high balls and organising the defence, got absolutely slammed for it by the press and by some sections of the United support, then adapted.

You've helped him develop but he's also singlehandedly kept you in contention for the top 4 this season. Seems like a fair trade to me and I don't understand why people are so bitter about it.

Funny thing this De Gea contract situation and people saying he owes the club etc, this loyalty thing is a 2 way street which people forget. When a club wants rid of a player they are quick to offload and get rid so all these people saying he should sign an extension it's nonsense. Clubs are just as disloyal as players it's all ****** nonsense.

No it's not: he was amazing for Atletico and was getting better season after season. When he came to England, he struggled briefly with high balls and organising the defence, got absolutely slammed for it by the press and by some sections of the United support, then adapted.

You've helped him develop but he's also singlehandedly kept you in contention for the top 4 this season. Seems like a fair trade to me and I don't understand why people are so bitter about it.
dont worry about sun think he needs to find a dark room to lie down in till this is all over

Anyone see that piece from Squaka about DDG saving us 36 points this season with key saves at vital times and so on.

Not even sure why anyone would be mad about DDG leaving for a small-ish fee. United have large enough revenue streams as it is. Losing out on $30m will hardly make any difference to Woodward going berserk in the transfer window

He is miles miles better than he was for Atletico. His weakness was there for all to see but it was about time he ironed them out. So it was never in doubt, still he had weaknesses.

Singlehandedly kept us in contention for top 4? He was our best player but this is taking far. Young, Fellaini, Rooney, Carrick, Smalling all played their part.

Also I'm not bitter, I don't care if any player wants out. I just don't respect players who puts ManUtd in weaker position. Club>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> players/staff.

Like I said many times, even Suarez signed extension with Liverpool to give them at least some position to hold.

grow up he leaves so we get a new keeper no need to be bitter about it

Don't be a moron. Just read the posts or STFU.

I'm not bitter, like I said I don't even care if any player wants out. I don't respect players who ***** off at the very first opportunity they get and in turn puts us in weaker position when it comes to negotiation.

You can suck players ****, I don't.

Back