The Manchester United Thread

Who was left to rot in reserves? That's a nonsense post.

Beckham, RVN, Keane, Stam, Heinze all fell out with Fergie and none of them were left to rot in reserves. Everyone got decent transfers.

He blocked Henize to Liverpool transfer and there is no need of explanation for that.

there are a lot of ex players who have said fergie was a bit of a dictator. he hung out van nistelrooy aswell. i dont like roy keane but i do believe him in that if you rubbed fergie the wrong way you couldnt count on his loyalty.

I don't remember Giggs,scholes or Neville getting all this attention, and look what they won for their club with Giggs the record appearance holder for utd.

remember this is the media were talking about. anything to make profit. the seasons over, they need a story and this was a perfect one for them to spin into a fairytale.

TBH its getting a bit cringe worthy now on SS! Don't remember any other great players getting all this faf.

That makes it better. They are making a fairytale of a god **** ****. This last game is summary of his career for Liverpool. He was great and all, but when it really matter, he finds the way to **** up. In my book, he's perfect example of a eternal looser.

Jeez, all the talk of Gerrard in this thread is bad enough, but to constantly insult a player who has clearly given all for his club and dedication alone to me is enough to admire, especially if more were like him in the modern game it would be a better place.

Saying he's an eternal loser and all the other stuff people have come out with is quite frankly pathetic, he's played in some very mediocre Liverpool teams and often carried them in crucial moments. Also anyone can forget that he won the biggest thing in club level being the Champions League, not only winning it but the way it was won to come back from 3-0 down against Milan.

No I'm not his biggest fan obviously but I respect passion, loyalty, commitment and quite frankly a great player, especially in his peak. He was a true representation of what English football should be in my opinion with the way he approached the game on the field.

Last edited:
That makes it better. They are making a fairytale of a god **** ****. This last game is summary of his career for Liverpool. He was great and all, but when it really matter, he finds the way to **** up. In my book, he's perfect example of a eternal looser.

thats a bit harsh mate. we dont like you and you dont like us i get it, but respect were respect is due. i admired and respected the likes of scholes etc... but gerrard was a worldclass player who decided he would rather play for the team that he supported whats wrong with that in fact you should applaud something like that. just because he slipped a mistake that could have happened to anyone he is considered an eternal looser da ****, he won everything apart from the bpl in an era were lfc have been second best. you dont see anyone else calling bryan robson an eternal looser and he is considered one of england finest. just my two cents...

Jeez, all the talk of Gerrard in this thread is bad enough, but to constantly insult a player who has clearly given all for his club and dedication alone to me is enough to admire, especially if more were like him in the modern game it would be a better place.

Saying he's an eternal loser and all the other stuff people have come out with is quite frankly pathetic, he's played in some very mediocre Liverpool teams and often carried them in crucial moments. Also anyone can forget that he won the biggest thing in club level being the Champions League, not only winning it but the way it was won to come back from 3-0 down against Milan.

No I'm not his biggest fan obviously but I respect passion, loyalty, commitment and quite frankly a great player, especially in his peak. He was a true representation of what English football should be like in my eyes.

Scholes never got that type of attention

Why are so many (note: not all) United fans so obsessed with Gerrard? It's weird. On here on Reddit, everywhere, bizarre.

stop sucking fergies ****. he would have loved to have had stevie as a replacement for roy keane.

Gerrard would never have been Keane replacement. mainly because defensively he is horrible.

As for loyalty, Gerrard was about to move to Chelsea until Liverpool fans pitched up outside his family home....

Why are so many (note: not all) United fans so obsessed with Gerrard? It's weird. On here on Reddit, everywhere, bizarre.

for the same reason most non Liverpool fans will point out, his last two seasons have been hilarious

Anyway enough Gerrard on this thread. Take it to Liverpools.

In other news LVG really wants Pogba.

thats a bit harsh mate. we dont like you and you dont like us i get it, but respect were respect is due. i admired and respected the likes of scholes etc... but gerrard was a worldclass player who decided he would rather play for the team that he supported whats wrong with that in fact you should applaud something like that. just because he slipped a mistake that could have happened to anyone he is considered an eternal looser da ****, he won everything apart from the bpl in an era were lfc have been second best. you dont see anyone else calling bryan robson an eternal looser and he is considered one of england finest. just my two cents...

Its hard to respect someone like Gerrard for me. I won't lie, I enjoy that he never won BPL. Me, I'm not British, so I don't know who do you call someone or not. For me, fact is he once was a great player, one of Liverpools finest. But the way he lost title twice, the way he always managed to find the way to screw something up makes me think that.

Back