The Manchester United Thread

Why have people cooled off so much with Vidal since last season. He's still much better than most people we are connected with at cm imho.
No idea tbh. But I think hes happy there and don't want to leave. Well that's what a couple of Juve fans told me at work. His family is settle and happy and he likes playing for them. And happy with how things are at the club.

Why have people cooled off so much with Vidal since last season. He's still much better than most people we are connected with at cm imho.

I'm wondering why we didn't try for Gundogan. Or I guess we did try and he declined? But he'd have been the natural successor to Carrick, should've tried harder..

He's not had a great season, but im still watching his knee. United are still on his case, ditto Gundogan.

Vidal is better player , but Schweiny fits the squad better, IMO. Fellaini-Herrera midfield needs that anchor that will hold it together. Vidal has his "Rooney moments" when he just loses it and keeps chasing the ball, you can't have 3 people that will keep bombing forward. Schweiny is still a goal threat, but he's much more disciplined tactically.

Vidal is better player , but Schweiny fits the squad better, IMO. Fellaini-Herrera midfield needs that anchor that will hold it together. You can't have 3 people that will keep bombing forward. Schweiny is still a goal threat, but he's much more disciplined tactically.

He's a genuine World Class upgrade/replacement to Carrick

Reports saying Zorc said this afternoon that Gundogan will leave this summer, as agreed by club and player. Guess that's Barca off the table then.

Schweinsteiger is the perfect signing for Van Gaal's system, he's so intelligent and disciplined, and can play in a number of roles. My worry is age and injury, but it depends how much financial risk the signing would be.

Sterling would be a brilliant signing for me, I really don't understand the negativity from both United and Liverpool fans towards him. If he had any sort of forward playing in front of him this season then I think they'd have pipped us to fourth. Whenever he's put on an England shirt he's always looked dangerous and his pace worries defenders, making space for other players. The fact that he's only 20, can play in any attacking position and English makes him an even better proposition. We can still sign players in other areas.

He's a genuine World Class upgrade/replacement to Carrick

Yeah, and I'd imagine Van Gaal back at Bayern already proded him with every test imaginable, so he most likely has hard sport-science data proving that Schweiny can keep playing well into his mid 30s. If LVG's goal is to rebuild the club and leave in 2017, the board wouldn't back an expensive transfer of 31 old player just on a whim.

Ohh diddums for Madrid, not getting their own way during negotiations.

Absolutely despise that club.

In unrelated topic, bad news for us if Real Madrid get Rafael Benitez, as that means Ancelotti may end up at Man City.

Ancelotti is absolute class, one of the best managers in the world, Madrid are mad to part ways with him and I would of loved him at United when Fergie left.
No dout he is a class manager, and I like him. But we have a class manager also, so not worried about who Cities manager is. When LVG retires we will end up with another class manager in Pep imo. On a side note Dani Alves has rejected Barca latest contract offer, and will likely leave and has a press conference next week to tell his decision.

No dout he is a class manager, and I like him. But we have a class manager also, so not worried about who Cities manager is. When LVG retires we will end up with another class manager in Pep imo. On a side note Dani Alves has rejected Barca latest contract offer, and will likely leave and has a press conference next week to tell his decision.

According to Di Marzio, Pep Guardiola has a verbal agreement or something with Man City for 2016.

I'm not sure if Pep would be a good fit here, something about the aura of our past successful managers tells me they need to be super strict horrible bastards ala LVG and Fergie.

Do you think we would consider going for Alves? Would do a job but I think he'd want a massive wage and a hefty signing on fee considering he's a free transfer.

Do you think we would consider going for Alves? Would do a job but I think he'd want a massive wage and a hefty signing on fee considering he's a free transfer.

Yeh I don't see how this would be an exception to LVG's philosophy, Schweinsteiger I can understand, but Alves no. I'd be hugely disappointed if the best we could end up with is him, we need to think more about the future. Plenty of good RB's out there if our scouts are any good.

According to Di Marzio, Pep Guardiola has a verbal agreement or something with Man City for 2016.

I'm not sure if Pep would be a good fit here, something about the aura of our past successful managers tells me they need to be super strict horrible bastards ala LVG and Fergie.
All German media said Di Marzio was basically talking bollocks, and said his future is still undecided and still has hopes of managing Utd. Posted few bits in Transfer Thread about it a few days back. Pep would be perfect to succeed LVG and is very strict when it comes to training and very intense.

Back