The Manchester United Thread

Rather we go balls to the wall for two of morgan, gundogan, vidal and bastian.

Bild,kicker,Sky Germany all reporting that Bayern have officially droped there interest in Gundogan due to his wage demands and Bayern would not give them hot prospect Hoijberg on loan or as a permanent deal. Most saying Utd favourites now. Der Western reporting that this was always going to be the case and that's why they had sources in the club confirming this.

I still want us to concentrate on the defence, but I would like to see Benteke and Schneiderlin at the club.
They have proved their worth in the EPL and I believe they could hit the ground running.

Players from the continent who are fantastic when running at one or two defenders and skipping past them with a new metal soundtrack on youtube, are not necessarily going to do well when running at 10 men packing the area (which seems to be the EPL style now).

Gundogan interests me for his range of passing but He's not the best in a tackle and will get bullied off the pitch if He has to deal with high balls (just my opinion of course).

So what do you guys think?

I still want us to concentrate on the defence, but I would like to see Benteke and Schneiderlin at the club.
They have proved their worth in the EPL and I believe they could hit the ground running.

Players from the continent who are fantastic when running at one or two defenders and skipping past them with a new metal soundtrack on youtube, are not necessarily going to do well when running at 10 men packing the area (which seems to be the EPL style now).

Gundogan interests me for his range of passing but He's not the best in a tackle and will get bullied off the pitch if He has to deal with high balls (just my opinion of course).

So what do you guys think?

Benteke is a Target Man, in essence. While he maybe good at bullying players, don't think he is that useful in building up play. Factor in the equation that we may shift to 4-3-3, meaning IF essentially, crossing probably won't be an integral part of our game. So, no, don't really want Benteke.

crossing probably won't be an integral part of our game.

I think we put in 720+ crosses last season and only 15% of our headers were on target.
I suppose I'm saying that if we do put in an insane amount of crosses in the coming season, I'd like somebody strong in the box to convert them.

I think we put in 720+ crosses last season and only 15% of our headers were on target.
I suppose I'm saying that if we do put in an insane amount of crosses in the coming season, I'd like somebody strong in the box to convert them.

Under Moyes? Yeah, he had a crappy plan. But really, 32M for Benteke just doesn't seem too worth it.

That was under moyseh...

In the 4-3-3...we don't cross as much

Absolutely no interest in Benteke. Could target Lacazette for that price, Higuain and Benzema for a bit more.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness@Sport_Witness Spain's ABC said this morning that Man United had asked for €35m for De Gea but Real Madrid didn't want to pay more than €25m.

All major papers reporting about De Gea to Madrid, it's just a wait before them announcing their manager.

Hopefully we get proper transfer fee.

Back