The Manchester United Thread

I don't know why people think 30 million for Lloris would be overpriced. For a world class player who can play at the top level throughout 5 year contract, already knows the language and is settled in the league, this is peanuts money.

He is also open to a move, and most certainly would hand in a request to get it. The reason there is no talk of GKS is that De Gea hasn't left, and the club arent interested in money. Decent chance he goes on a free next season.

Never understood why clubs have never really paid big money for such an integral position to any teams chances of success.

Even through today there's not been that many real big 'keeper fees paid.

Always baffled me.

There is this weird logic you shouldnt pay big fees for a goalkeeper. When great keepers are actually hard to find.

I'd rather spend 30 on Lloris than Firmino for a start.

He is also open to a move, and most certainly would hand in a request to get it. The reason there is no talk of GKS is that De Gea hasn't left, and the club arent interested in money. Decent chance he goes on a free next season.
Could see that tbh. Especially with ED not wanting to bow to Madrids/Perez terms. Also don't think DDG would be the sulking type if is the case come start of the season.

Sturridge doesn't look like getting healthy. His whole career has been injury prone. Except the difference is United are not targeting players to consolidate 4th,. It's silly to say as of now, when we know the situation is going to change massively over the summer. Overall there is no way one can argue its wide open based on what both teams have at their disposal in the market.

You had a **** load more at your disposal last year in terms of what you were prepared to pay in fees and wages and still barely limped home in 4th.

Throw in continued uncertainty among your support toward the manger, and the added 'bonus', if you qualify, of Europe; along with losing the key difference maker from a year ago and I'd beg to differ that Utd are solid as a top 4 side.

And that's not to say I have much faith at all in L'pool having a good 2015/16. I don't and that's no secret.

But the gap between Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham isn't that great at all.

I know this sounds slightly ridiculous, but if we had him here for another year I'm actually wondering whether it would be beneficial anyway because it gives us more time to utilise him obviously and perhaps talk him round to an agreement that we'll sell him but we want him to sign a contract so we have a better stance in getting the fee we deserve for the work we have done with him to get where he is now?

He's been very quiet, I don't think he'd be someone who wanted to leave on a sour note and upset the support he has had here. So I think there is a genuine possibility that could happen because leaving on a free would be disrespectful to all at the club, including fans.

30 ****** million for Lloris when you can get Leno for 15-16 million? What's so special about Lloris anyways? He's just like Barthez.

You had a **** load more at your disposal last year in terms of what you were prepared to pay in fees and wages and still barely limped home in 4th.

Throw in continued uncertainty among your support toward the manger, and the added 'bonus', if you qualify, of Europe; along with losing the key difference maker from a year ago and I'd beg to differ that Utd are solid as a top 4 side.

And that's not to say I have much faith at all in L'pool having a good 2015/16. I don't and that's no secret.

But the gap between Utd, Liverpool and Tottenham isn't that great at all.

Unlike Liverpool, United's squad is big enough and well versed in the rigours of CL.

I wouldn't worry about "uncertainty" of support, he's loved in and around the club and has total backing.

I know this sounds slightly ridiculous, but if we had him here for another year I'm actually wondering whether it would be beneficial anyway because it gives us more time to utilise him obviously and perhaps talk him round to an agreement that we'll sell him but we want him to sign a contract so we have a better stance in getting the fee we deserve for the work we have done with him to get where he is now?

He's been very quiet, I don't think he'd be someone who wanted to leave on a sour note and upset the support he has had here. So I think there is a genuine possibility that could happen because leaving on a free would be disrespectful to all at the club, including fans.

We're better off keeping him for a year than doing a cut price deal. Money actually means relatively little to us, so we either aim for a mega deal, or get a player we need in return in some kind of deal.

30 ****** million for Lloris when you can get Leno for 15-16 million? What's so special about Lloris anyways? He's just like Barthez.
Leno would be my preferred target. Watched him loads last season and will be a quality keeper no doubt. Have him here playing and learning under Valdes for a season or 2 then, let him take over the mantle.

If Leno has a release clause, we should force a good deal with DDG and activate it. I suspect it will be a couple of weeks before this is sorted. United will not let, or rather should not let it drag all summer.

Now that would be to Utd's detriment.

Theres always the chance he might decide to stay. But when Madrid come calling. and your Spanish (and even more so when you're from there), chances are there's no stopping that.

So to let his contract run down and let him walk would be crazy.

It's Madrid man. Just one of those things you can't stop.

Theres always the chance he might decide to stay. But when Madrid come calling. and your Spanish (and even more so when you're from there), chances are there's no stopping that.

Why? we don't need the money. If we dont get the deal we want, and havent got a ready target, keep him for the year until we do.

We're better off keeping him for a year than doing a cut price deal. Money actually means relatively little to us, so we either aim for a mega deal, or get a player we need in return in some kind of deal.
That's the only way I can see him leaving, with a player coming the other way and knowing Madrid if they want him that bad it would not surprise me to see a stellar name coming the other way to get there new toy. Like you say the money there offering is nothing to us.

Sell him for 18m or keep him for another year? The latter every time.

Unlike Liverpool, United's squad is big enough and well versed in the rigours of CL.

I wouldn't worry about "uncertainty" of support, he's loved in and around the club and has total backing.

I don't doubt for one minute his position is safe.

I was more alluding to the doubts many in the City have as to the direction he's taking the club.

If Leno has a release clause, we should force a good deal with DDG and activate it. I suspect it will be a couple of weeks before this is sorted. United will not let, or rather should not let it drag all summer.
Think his clause is about 19m euros.

Why? we don't need the money. If we dont get the deal we want, and havent got a ready target, keep him for the year until we do.

So you'd happily just write off upwards of £ 20 million and another years wages?

Interesting take.

Genuinely can't see the big appeal these days, for De Gea it's obviously because of his girlfriend. But the fans are terrible, booing their own players even club icons, if you don't perform could be sacrificed for a new shiny toy, they haven't won anything this season and constantly change management team without looking at if it is even beneficial. Benitez for Ancelotti, I'm still letting that sink in.

I agree letting De Gea leave for free is a big risk but unless they offer what he's worth this window we have no other option and like I said in previous post, it may give us more time to work with him and get him to sign a new deal with the agreement that we'll sell him when Madrid pay what he's actually worth.

According to German tabloid Bild, 23-year-old Leno has an €18 million release clause he can trigger this summer. With Utd and Madrid interested if they cant get David De Gea.

Back