The Manchester United Thread

Good to see United standing up to Madrid and squeezing them over De Gea. Sick of the Spanish clubs just coming in and taking any player they wish by throwing around money and stature

Yeah, no. Lloris is good, but he lacks consistency and decision making, let alone his slips are annoying. Also his distribution is ****. Barthez and he have something in common, on their day, they will save pretty much anything. Next day, they will **** something up. Consistent goalkeeper > Every now and then brilliant goalkeeper.

I can't believe that Lloris is getting so much of a bollocking! For the past 3 seasons, he's been hands down the best keeper in the league. This is coming from an Arsenal fan. He is virtually a carbon copy of De Gea and is better at claiming crosses. He didn't have the best year, however he has nothing to prove in terms of being one of the world's best.

I can't believe that Lloris is getting so much of a bollocking! For the past 3 seasons, he's been hands down the best keeper in the league. This is coming from an Arsenal fan. He is virtually a carbon copy of De Gea and is better at claiming crosses. He didn't have the best year, however he has nothing to prove in terms of being one of the world's best.

Lets not go getting silly now.

Lloris is in the next bracket down from Coutouis. Cech, De Gea and Hart.

On his day he can be fantastic. But he's nowhere near consistent enough in his all round game to be talked in the same breath as the first three at least. And I can't even give him a pass down to 'Spurs poor defence as outside of Mourinho setting up and organising Chelsea properly, nobody in the rest of the league can defend properly so all 'keepers are under pressure.

'Hands down the best 'keeper in the league' he most certainly isn't

Last edited:

******* something up is part of his whole career, not just last season. He's no where near as good as De Gea is, and he certainly isn't better at calming crosses. If anything, he struggles with them more than De Gea, if we can say De Gea struggles with them nowdays. I would much rather rely on Valdes who has similar weakness as Lloris, but much, much better distribution. Lloris is second/third bracket of a GK. Do not want another Kuzsczak ( **** you Tyton and your complicated Polish names :( ).

Lloris better than De Gea at catching crosses? Someone has missed good part of last 2 seasons.
De Gea, Cech, Courtois were easily better than Lloris in the last few seasons.

Just because he is good in Premier league doesn't mean he is among the best in the world.

Anyone think someone has briefed the press about our interest in Schweinstiger and Ramos? Everyone including Sky and BBC reporting it plus loads of sources all around Europe and some good ones to. Also loads of talks in France that we are in advanced talks with Monaco for Fabinho the RB, coupe reliable sources also who report soley on Monaco.

Anyone think someone has briefed the press about our interest in Schweinstiger and Ramos? Everyone including Sky and BBC reporting it plus loads of sources all around Europe and some good ones to. Also loads of talks in France that we are in advanced talks with Monaco for Fabinho the RB, coupe reliable sources also who report soley on Monaco.

I don't think it's a briefing. They are two huge names, and you have to remember Ramos came from Sid Lowe, who is very reliable and isn't interested in transfer nonsense. He clearly believes what he's heard. So people are going to pick up on them. But bear in mind most will simply be repeating initial stories. I'm not even sure where the original Bastian story came from

Cadena SER reporting Man City are closest to signing Otamendi, well....... **** just hit the fan. United have to act now.

I don't think it's a briefing. They are two huge names, and you have to remember Ramos came from Sid Lowe, who is very reliable and isn't interested in transfer nonsense. He clearly believes what he's heard. So people are going to pick up on them. But bear in mind most will simply be repeating initial stories. I'm not even sure where the original Bastian story came from
Yeah true. Was just wondering as its very rare BBC gets that heavily involved. What your thoughts on Ballague about Schwieny? LOL just imagine Ramos,Schweiny and Fabinho :)

Rafa's mate Balegui (Sp?) is now saying Real won't entertain anything other than Ramos €200 million release clause FWIW.

One of many possibilities.

Maybe Woodward or someone from ManUtd leaked the info to put some pressure on clubs like Valencia, Southampton for Otamendi and Schneiderlin asking prices.
More likely is player's agent leaking to get better contracts which is always the case.

havent got a scooby doo what were doing but Cadena SER is usually very reliable, even better than Cadena COPE.

They also say closest, not signed.

Scouse, I expect Madrid to play hardball with Ramos, they have their own dispute with Ramos. But they also won't want it to complicate the DDG deal. This is where United must not blink, especially if Ramos does indeed want the move.

That tweet must be fake or Ballague deleted cos it isn't even on his timeline.

Tbh be wary of what he says anyway he gets some right but then some wrong (Alonso springs to mind, said he was going nowhere and won't leave Madrid, then he joins Bayern).

It is fake. look at the @ part

Back