The Manchester United Thread

We havent been offered £20m, we've been offered £13m. His wages are also pretty low, about 60k a week.

But he'll ultimately go for upwards of 20 was the point.

That's a heck of a lot of money to let slip by for nothing regardless of what's coming in elsewhere.

Plus you're also then running the risk of having an unhappy GK1 next season as he waits for his move home.

Each to their own but I'd be looking to get the deal done with Real and move on ASAP.

Last edited:
Unless we get a substantial bid we should keep him and let him go on a free. But let's be honest, this is Madrid. We all know that eventually they will pay what we want them to pay and De Gea will be theirs.

If we keep De Gea, yes we lose the £20-25M fee we want but him in the sticks probably gets us Champions League football again which is around £70M. I know which I'd prefer. If it was down to me I'd get him signed up with a £50M release clause. Tell him as soon as they bid it we'll give you our blessing to leave. Until then, they can get stuffed.

I'd have Valdes as No.1 but not as my first option. Cech was ideal but Lloris or Leno should definitely be ahead of Valdes in the pecking order, however unlikely it is we'll get them.

eba792cb194a26539ddc896f90acaf4a_normal.jpeg
Tiempo de Juego
@tjcope LAMA (@lamacope): "Ojo: Si al Real Madrid le gusta la oferta del Manchester United, SERGIO RAMOS puede marcharse este verano".

Cope: if Real like Uniteds offer then he could leave this summer.

eba792cb194a26539ddc896f90acaf4a_normal.jpeg
Tiempo de Juego
@tjcope (1) Informa Paco González que el Real Madrid no va a realizar una contraoferta a SERGIO RAMOS y desde el club están molestos con su actitud.

Cope: Real won't make a counter offer and are upset with Ramos his attitude.

But he'll ultimately go for upwards of 20 was the point.

That's a heck of a lot of money to let slip by for nothing regardless of what's coming in elsewhere.

Plus you're also then running the risk of having an unhappy GK1 next season as he waits for his move home.

Each to their own but I'd be looking to get the deal done with Real move on ASAP.

De Gea is already aware he might not get the move, he knew that from before the season ended. Didn't affect his game. He will go this summer or next.

That's the difference between United and Liverpool, what good is the money if it doesn't make up for the player.

It's exactly why United didnt name a fee in return, but demanded Ramos.

30 ****** million for Lloris when you can get Leno for 15-16 million? What's so special about Lloris anyways? He's just like Barthez.

Lloris is a complete package, no real weakness to his game, and a big backroom personality, which DDG certainly isn't. And you've been distinctively missing real leader in the back.

Plus like I've said , with PL being notoriously hard for foreign goalkeepers to get into, having someone already settled in the league certainly helps.

And Barthez was brilliant. Insane perhaps, but still brilliant on his day.

De Gea is already aware he might not get the move, he knew that from before the season ended. Didn't affect his game. He will go this summer or next.

That's the difference between United and Liverpool, what good is the money if it doesn't make up for the player.

Seems like the Ramos talk has really taken off today. Would be a great signing and soften the DDG leaving. If ED pulls this off :)

Seems most British and Spanish media reporting Ramos news now. Just posted some more stuff in transfer thread about it from Spanish media. What would be a good deal DDG and 10-15m for Ramos. Thoughts ?

I could get into how your not nearly as big a draw as some of you still think you are in Europe to targets (money you can pay notwithstanding); but it's late and we don't need to go into a back and forth on that.

So changing tact slightly, as it's currently on my mind discussing things I actually don't hate Utd as is the norm between us. Don't get me wrong, I dislike Utd as much as the next Liverpudlian, lol. But I've never hated the club in the way I do Chelsea for example. Utd as a football club has always been a great club and the relationship between the two clubs has, save for the Ferguson era, always been pretty darn good. Now, Utd fans in general are a WHOLE other issue. Particularly those from outside Manchester. So the thing with Utd has always been on a City/ fan basis to me as opposed to outright hatred of ANYTHING Utd which the majority have and vice versa.

Funny, if you're from the City, the most important game every year is the Derby. If you're not, it's Utd.

Not sure why I'm rambling about that. Just seemed to play in being able to have a civil discussion without the usual B/S.

That doesn't take away from wanting yers to lose every game like. Just so as we're clear. :P

I could get into how your not nearly as big a draw as some of you still think you are in Europe to targets (money you can pay notwithstanding); but it's late and we don't need to go into a back and forth on that.

So changing tact slightly, as it's currently on my mind discussing things I actually don't hate Utd as is the norm between us. Don't get me wrong, I dislike Utd as much as the next Liverpudlian, lol. But I've never hated the club in the way I do Chelsea for example. Utd as a football club has always been a great club and the relationship between the two clubs has, save for the Ferguson era, always been pretty darn good. Now, Utd fans in general are a WHOLE other issue. Particularly those from outside Manchester. So the thing with Utd has always been on a City/ fan basis to me as opposed to outright hatred of ANYTHING Utd which the majority have and vice versa.

Funny, if you're from the City, the most important game every year is the Derby. If you're not, it's Utd.

Not sure why I'm rambling about that. Just seemed to play in being able to have a civil discussion without the usual B/S.

That doesn't take away from wanting yers to lose every game like. Just so as we're clear. :P

We've never been a super draw. But have always and still remain a big enough one. The signings speak for themselves past and present.

And have the finances to back it. And it is the difference between United and Liverpool right now. At the very least it wakes up Madrid, who know now that United intend to squeeze over DDG.

Be interesting to see just what difference Madrid figure between De Gea and Ramos if that deal is on the table.

This one could roll through the window.

Be interesting to see just what difference Madrid figure between De Gea and Ramos if that deal is on the table.

This one could roll through the window.

I don't think it will. Both clubs want it done before their tours.

Make a change for United to have their business done before the tour. |)

Hopefully. it helps that Madrid want the same, as otherwise I fully agree with scouse that this would run forever. Under any other circumstances I think it would be one of those seriously dull sagas

Hopefully. it helps that Madrid want the same, as otherwise I fully agree with scouse that this would run forever. Under any other circumstances I think it would be one of those seriously dull sagas

Madrid have always been absolute ****** for waiting until the last minute to stump up the money they were always going to pay regardless to leave the selling club with no time to get in a replacement.

As much as I'd like to see De Gea back home, as you say, it's good to see Madrid having someone not lie down and squeeze back.

Madrid have always been absolute ****** for waiting until the last minute to stump up the money they were always going to pay regardless to leave the selling club with no time to get in a replacement.

As much as I'd like to see De Gea back home, as you say, it's good to see Madrid having someone not lie down and squeeze back.

They will get their man eventually. But United have made it clear they will make it work for both sides, or make it painful. Now we need to keep that stance up.

Lloris is a complete package, no real weakness to his game, and a big backroom personality, which DDG certainly isn't. And you've been distinctively missing real leader in the back.

Plus like I've said , with PL being notoriously hard for foreign goalkeepers to get into, having someone already settled in the league certainly helps.

He is not a complete package, Neuer is. Lloris has a big weakness, his commanding of area is poor and he is very shaky. He has no calmness at all which in turn bring instability to defense also. Players like Van der Sar, Cech even Courtois (not counting De Gea as he hasn't played behind proper defense yet but he is up there with everyone I mentoned) are very composed which inturn makes defenders life very easy. Lloris is far from it, he is poor at catching the crosses.

30 Million is not peanuts. That would make him second highest fee in the history paid for a keeper and he is far from it. You can get better deal somewhere else than dealing with Spurs, at least Bale, Modric, Carrick were real quality and it was not an issue of we or anyone overpaid, but overpaying for a shaky keeper is a big no.

Last edited:

Yeah, no. Lloris is good, but he lacks consistency and decision making, let alone his slips are annoying. Also his distribution is ****. Barthez and he have something in common, on their day, they will save pretty much anything. Next day, they will **** something up. Consistent goalkeeper > Every now and then brilliant goalkeeper.

Back