The Manchester United Thread

Few reports popping up in Turkish media that Nani has passed his medical.

Sad that his time has come to an end in a way, had some fond memories but unfortunately I think it's for the best with Di Maria, Depay and Young at our disposal. £6million for someone like him and his previous pedigree, coming off a good season is a bargain, it's times like these wish we had Daniel Levy because we always seem to get low balled when selling players.

I was devastated when he left Milan! Barely ever picks up cards, gets himself in the right position so often and plays the ball out with ease.

We've never replaced him :(

Milan were looking good in Serie A and one summer everything went ****. Even I was so sad when Silva and Ibra left Milan. Never recovered but Milan finances were ****. Pathetic that big clubs like Milan and Inter spent so much but with little or no investment on infrastructure at all.

Few reports popping up in Turkish media that Nani has passed his medical.

Such a shame.

B1sJ1BZt_normal.jpg
Transfer News @FootieWriter Nani to Fenerbahce appears to be imminent as it looks like he's agreed a deal in the region of £55,000 a week to sign for the club. #MUFC

They're still out there and being produced in Country's like Italy and Argentina that traditionally produce defenders who take pride in defending.

There was a debate not so long back in here about Danny Alves for Utd. Where IMHO, a player like Torino's Darmian, who is a defender FIRST and can also contribute going forward when needed without being caught out of position would of been more beneficial to a team so porous at the back.

Just because the standard in England is so poor don't be fooled into thinking quality defenders aren't still out there. Surprised the Argentine fella' at Villarreal who's name escapes me who 'Spurs all but signed isn't being linked to anyone. There's an old school centre half who's comfortable on the ball right there.

Miguel Delaney did a really good piece on this. Gary Neville said most of the last of the great European defenders retired around his time in 2010. I'd argue Terry is the last great European natural defender.

While I like Ramos, if someone gave me the choice between him and Otamendi, i'd probably take Otamendi. The latter is a proper hardman defender, who can still pass it round.

Miguel Delaney did a really good piece on this. Gary Neville said most of the last of the great European defenders retired around his time in 2010. I'd argue Terry is the last great European natural defender.

While I like Ramos, if someone gave me the choice between him and Otamendi, i'd probably take Otamendi. The latter is a proper hardman defender, who can still pass it round.

This one I've just now read? : Copa America defending Miguel Delaney - ESPN FC

Excellent read you can't help but agree with. Thank you.

Ruiz [COPE]: "United will offer 40M euros + De Gea for Ramos."

------------------------------------

This better be a sick joke.

Ruiz [COPE]: "United will offer 40M euros + De Gea for Ramos."

------------------------------------

This better be a sick joke.

What's that? £ 27/28 million?

Can't see you standing firm to this point and then caving like that. That would be absolutely asinine.

Put it down to paper talk.

Few German media outlets reporting Bayern wont renew with Schweiny and he has an agreement in pace with Utd. Tweet from Bild in transfer thread.

Keep us updated, cheers champ.

Sergio Ramos and Schweinsteiger though.... just let one dream.... how good would that be.
Would be great. Most probs Ramos signing his new contract LOL. Will post when happens! Schweiny does seem likely though.

Would be great. Most probs Ramos signing his new contract LOL. Will post when happens! Schweiny does seem likely though.

Yeh don't see either joining us still as I refuse to believe it but would be amazing, not just what they would give to us but the statement we would make with these type of signings. Going to Madrid and getting their legend would be massive. Same with Schweiny and Bayern tbh.

Yeh don't see either joining us still as I refuse to believe it but would be amazing, not just what they would give to us but the statement we would make with these type of signings. Going to Madrid and getting their legend would be massive. Same with Schweiny and Bayern tbh.

BS is a more realistic option. But like you say, ill believe it when both are wearing red next to LVG. No doubting we are serious about both though so that is nice to see.

BS is a more realistic option. But like you say, ill believe it when both are wearing red next to LVG. No doubting we are serious about both though so that is nice to see.
Very tough to pull off! Glad were after quality and not quantity as I feel we have a strong squad as is for the coming season

Very tough to pull off! Glad were after quality and not quantity as I feel we have a strong squad as is for the coming season

Yeah we don't need numbers, we have lots of talented youth in all areas of the pitch to cover. We need to increase quality now.

There is only one downside IF we actually did get Ramos, Manchester City would end up with Otamendi.

Yeah we don't need numbers, we have lots of talented youth in all areas of the pitch to cover. We need to increase quality now.
TBH I love this no one knows **** all approach. Some fans just get impatient and think nothing is going on.

There is only one downside IF we actually did get Ramos, Manchester City would end up with Otamendi.

Depends if we play Ramos at CB or RB. Could aim for both

Which would be ******* hilarious

Back