The Manchester United Thread

Depends if we play Ramos at CB or RB. Could aim for both

Which would be ******* hilarious

If we ended up with Otamendi and Ramos I'd be happy with Valdes in goal as no.1 next season!

Cadena COPE says Sergio Ramos' problem is Florentino Perez. So I assume the player wants to stay at Madrid but Perez relationship hardening situation.

Also said the fee would be 70m euros including De Gea, this is the part where I am not happy. If true that means we;ve offered on top of De Gea about £25m at the very least.

Also said the fee would be 70m euros including De Gea, this is the part where I am not happy. If true that means we;ve offered on top of De Gea about £25m at the very least.
The 75m fee is from AS earlier today

"It's claimed that Sergio Ramos' brother Rene met Manchester United officials in April. The Premier League club are said to have offered Ramos €12m per year to sign for them - and that's stated as being after tax. It works out to be £160k after tax and whilst clever accounting would see a footballer's tax bill shrunk somewhat, it'd still have to be well over £250k before tax to come out at £160k. AS further say that Manchester United would offer €30m plus David De Gea for the defender, which the newspaper see as a total value of up to €75m, so about £54m."

Marca´s cover tomorrow is "Drums of war" or something like this. They say that the relationship is broken, there is not talks to renew and won´t be. Ramos is angry , also for the treatment that his brother received from Florentino. Florentino said that he didn´t receive an offer, and Lama is talking that this is being a chess game between United and Madrid where United is quiet expecting to see what happens.

Meanwhile... Ballague.... Real Madrid player... erm..... he's not leaving.

I'd trust Ballague even less now.

He's Rafa's bestie so they'll be misinformation aplenty coming through him.

Says that about every madrid player. Then half leave.

I've never heard of anyone mending a relationship with Perez unless they bow down and lick his toes but that isn't going to happen with someone like Ramos. Could be a promising sign for us, but like I say, I'm worried that Woody might get a bit too O.T.T on this. At the end of the day De Gea should be valued to what we think he's worth, it shouldn't be much, if any, cash on top of that. Because if Ramos wants out then his value should be lower as well by Madrid's logic of De Gea's being so because he has 1 year left.

He wants 140k. Not a problem for us.

Then you are doing wrong math. He wants 12 Million Euro net, which is after tax. If you convert, it comes around 320K pounds per week. He is already around 160K pounds per week.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Di Maria admits Man United transfer not gone to plan, he and family were not happy, he's determined to change things!

Back