The Manchester United Thread

Just for ***** n giggles. What would people like there line up to be 1st league game against Spuds. Mine would be-

Lloris
Fabinho-Ramos-Smalling-Shaw
Schniederlin
Herrera-Scweinstiger
Mata- Rooney-Di Maria

:)

Apparently we have bid 41m euros for Turan. And Pellegrini will go and meet Otamendi and his agent after Copa America in Chile. Posted both articles in transfer thread, don't know how true sounds like BS. Would love Turan, but not a player we need like Firmino.

A lot of paper here and Spain reporting on back pages tomorrow we have made a bid of between 30-35m for ramos.

Interesting, no de Gea, one day they say with De Gea, next they don't, bet they are guessing.

Or De Gea has decided to stay. We can dream cant we? :(

Or we realized Ramos is unsettled, decided to say **** the swap and try and get Ramos and keep De Gea until they pay up what we want or let him go on the free.

Apparently we have bid 41m euros for Turan. And Pellegrini will go and meet Otamendi and his agent after Copa America in Chile. Posted both articles in transfer thread, don't know how true sounds like BS. Would love Turan, but not a player we need like Firmino.

I'm not sure on Turan. Very good dribbler but he lacks pace and he is 28 years old. So he can't play on wing and we have Mata already who lacks pace and plays as winger.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness@Sport_Witness De Gea trying to get Mendes to save him from facing up to Man United. Not got the courage of a lion. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/mendes-plans-to-complete-man-united-transfer-within-days-star-wan …

If we're paying an initial fee of £35m for Sergio Ramos which isn't enough, this is someone who has 2 years left but it's like a civil war in Madrid over this atm.

In what planet should we not sell De Gea for equal if not more than what we have to pay for Ramos? Imo this is getting very interesting.... In a way we shall see the true state of how we have treated the situation if it gets resolved soon.

Add to this the fact of if someone like Clyne is worth £12.5m in his final year, we should be aiming high with at least £30m for De Gea (thankfully think we are).

I'm enjoying messing around with this stat comparison tool.

View attachment 892142

No doubt whatsoever Ramos and Otamendi are a class above what we currently have. Otamendi was the best CB in La Liga last season, but Ramos has consistently been playing at the highest level for a long long time, if I had to choose it would be Ramos, don't want us to be too silly with the fee we pay though, at the end of the day got to realise Madrid are in a messy situation with him and he is 29 years old.

No doubt whatsoever Ramos and Otamendi are a class above what we currently have. Otamendi was the best CB in La Liga last season, but Ramos has consistently been playing at the highest level for a long long time, if I had to choose it would be Ramos, don't want us to be too silly with the fee we pay though, at the end of the day got to realise Madrid are in a messy situation with him and he is 29 years old.
Agree with this! Some of the fees coming out from Spain what Ramos is demanding reeks of a smear campaign from Madrid against Ramos imo. Seen similar from them before.

Agree with this! Some of the fees coming out from Spain what Ramos is demanding reeks of a smear campaign from Madrid against Ramos imo. Seen similar from them before.

Yep, after the insulting offer they have given us for De Gea, they should be fools for expecting us to pay such high, bet we will though. Woody loves a big name signing and there isn't any bigger really in a position we badly need. Greedy I know but even if Ramos did happen I'd still love Otamendi, he is a beast.

Be interesting to see the situation with Schneiderlin, flabbergasted if we're not in for him.

Yep, after the insulting offer they have given us for De Gea, they should be fools for expecting us to pay such high, bet we will though. Woody loves a big name signing and there isn't any bigger really in a position we badly need. Greedy I know but even if Ramos did happen I'd still love Otamendi, he is a beast.

Be interesting to see the situation with Schneiderlin, flabbergasted if we're not in for him.
50/50 with us and Arsenal with the bookies last time I checked. Don't mean anything but. With Ramos I can see more bad info coming out from Madrid, trying to make him look bad to the fans. Hence the ridiculous 300k a week fee Perez says he wants.

50/50 with us and Arsenal with the bookies last time I checked. Don't mean anything but. With Ramos I can see more bad info coming out from Madrid, trying to make him look bad to the fans. Hence the ridiculous 300k a week fee Perez says he wants.

Mike said it was something like £160k a week, but in euros it will be more cos of the higher conversion. But then sunlivk apparently worked it out and it was around £300k a week he'd want so god knows.

Back