The Manchester United Thread

SSN reporting were close to signing Schniederlin on there transfer page. And City very close to signing Pogba for 80m euros.

The quoted wages for Sergio Ramos are still ridiculously heavy. Even if it is negotiated down to about £30K less. Having said that, there's a likelier chance of him staying at Madrid than asking for significantly less.

Would you you rather have Ramos and his big wages or not have him because we won't pay that much for one of the very few world class centre backs in world football who may be available?

Therefore most likely going into next season with Jones and Smalling... To protect our oh so great keeper in the air Valdes.

The paper confusion with him is that no one knows if he is an alternative to Schweinsteiger or if we are trying to sign both...

Were going for both if Ducker is anything to go by, he reckons were getting closer to Schweinsteiger as a well, Jesus I'd melt if our midfield had Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera for potential options. But to be honest I'd be very happy with Schneiderlin even if we didn't get Schweinsteiger.

just one thing though LvG clearly said he wanted a no.6 midfielder so that is not Schneiderlin, so we're probably after another midfield as well anyway just off them quotes.

Were going for both if Ducker is anything to go by, he reckons were getting closer to Schweinsteiger as a well, Jesus I'd melt if our midfield had Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera for potential options. But to be honest I'd be very happy with Schneiderlin even if we didn't get Schweinsteiger.

just one thing though LvG clearly said he wanted a no.6 midfielder so that is not Schneiderlin, so we're probably after another midfield as well anyway just off them quotes.
both would be amazing! Add to that Ramos and a RB and a Str back up. We would be set for all challenges this season!

Not in the least bit bothered about Schneidelrln. Solid, but nothing special there IMHO. And certainly not for £ 25 million.

But man I hope Utd don't land Schweinsteiger. That would be a great pick-up for relatively nottin'.

Last edited:
Would you you rather have Ramos and his big wages or not have him because we won't pay that much for one of the very few world class centre backs in world football who may be available?

Therefore most likely going into next season with Jones and Smalling... To protect our oh so great keeper in the air Valdes.

Of course the possibility of signing Ramos overcomes most concerns. That doesn't mean those concerns are not valid though, or any less frustrating.

Not in the least bit bothered about Schneidelrln. Solid, but nothing special there IMHO. And certainly not for £ 25 million.

But man I hope Utd don't land Schweinsteiger. That would be a great pick-up for relatively nottin'.

Sounds like initial suspicions of signing Michael Carrick way back when from some corners. Timeless.

"But man I hope Utd don't land [insert world-class midfielder]."

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Florentino Perez heard Sergio Ramos' requests for a move and asked him to calm down and stress less. [Marca]

That sounds very patronizing.

Can't make up my mind over whether Gundogan would be a truely good signing or not, he'd certainly offer something different, good passing range and able to dictate play from deep. just don't know whether he'd suit our midfield that well with the likes of Herrera.

Can't make up my mind over whether Gundogan would be a truely good signing or not, he'd certainly offer something different, good passing range and able to dictate play from deep. just don't know whether he'd suit our midfield that well with the likes of Herrera.
He could perform next to Herrera imo as the 2 BTB CMs LVG likes.

He could perform next to Herrera imo as the 2 BTB CMs LVG likes.

Hmm, not sure if he's totally suited to a B2B role tbh, maybe I'm wrong as I haven't watched much of him recently. Mainly saw him in Dortmunds great CL run to the final.

I thought he was more a deep lying playmaker, I know he can be dynamic as well but didn't think true box to box.

Hmm, not sure if he's totally suited to a B2B role tbh, maybe I'm wrong as I haven't watched much of him recently. Mainly saw him in Dortmunds great CL run to the final.

I thought he was more a deep lying playmaker, I know he can be dynamic as well but didn't think true box to box.
Yeah kind of agree. He is pretty much the complete CM imo. Can play deeper and more advanced. Before his injury he was right up there for me in CMs of the world. Form slowly improved back end of last season, but before that the quality was still there to see.

Sounds like initial suspicions of signing Michael Carrick way back when from some corners. Timeless.

"But man I hope Utd don't land [insert world-class midfielder]."

Honestly don't get the hype with Schneiderlin.

Everyone revolts about the far cheaper, and more experienced, Song. Honestly see little difference. Two solid pros that do a job. Neither's anything special and neither is anything like a £25 million pound footballer.

The two key ones for Les Bleus in that role going forward to partner Pogba are Kondogbia and the lad at PSG who's name escapes me.

Last edited:
Honestly don't get the hype with Schneiderlin.

Everyone revolts about the far cheaper, and more experienced, Song. Honestly see little difference. Two solid pros that do a job. Neither's anything special and neither is anything like a £25 million pound footballer.

The two key ones for Les Bleus in that role going forward to partner Pogba are Kondogbia and the lad at PSG who's name escapes me.
I really rate Morgan. Class CM imo and not just because we might sign him. He has been fantastic for Saints and key to them doing well last couple seasons. There win rate when he plays is loads better! Would go up levels in a better team also imo. 25M most probs 5M to much but meh!

Back