The Manchester United Thread

Mike said it was something like £160k a week, but in euros it will be more cos of the higher conversion. But then sunlivk apparently worked it out and it was around £300k a week he'd want so god knows.
I think the figure I used was after tax, we'd be looking at 250k maybe

I think the figure I used was after tax, we'd be looking at 250k maybe
Its a lot but I don't care tbh. Ramos would seriously change our defence into one of if not the best in the league, especially if we add a good RB. And his experience and leadership would be invaluable to the likes of Jones,Rojo,McNair. And would certainly put us on the right track to a title challenge.

Looks like the Madrid press have already begun their campaign against Ramos. Just as they did with Di Maria and Ozil before they left. Can definitely see him leaving, barring a change of heart from Madrid.

I may be mistaken, but I think drama like this happens every time Ramos need a new contract.

I may be mistaken, but I think drama like this happens every time Ramos need a new contract.

This is what happens both then and when Madrid get rid of someone. Basically if you stir the pot they hunt you. And Ramos has never been afraid to stir it. Feels worse than before though

This is what happens both then and when Madrid get rid of someone. Basically if you stir the pot they hunt you. And Ramos has never been afraid to stir it. Feels worse than before though

But then you have looming large in the background Benitez. The very definition of a defensive first, second and always coach.

Can't see him wanting to start out losing Ramos and his experience. De Gea and the Argentine defender who's name escapes me would be absolute priorities for him. But keeping Ramos will be high on his initial list.

Wouldn't surprise me to see this on-going soap opera yet again turn full circle and Ramos and Perez all hugs and smiles.

That said, Rafa is also one of the most self serving, calculating so and so's going and a really smart guy in that regard. So if there is indeed a genuine power struggle/ rift going on, he'll be sure to align himself on the side which serves him best. That of the President.

Last edited:
But then you have looming large in the background Benitez. The very definition of a defensive first, second and always coach.

Can't see him wanting to start out losing Ramos and his experience. De Gea and the Argentine defender who's name escapes me would be absolute priorities for him. But keeping Ramos will be high on his initial list.

Wouldn't surprise me to see this on-going soap opera yet again turn full circle and Ramos and Perez all hugs and smiles.
United bid for Ramos because he s a very good defender, and they wanted Madrid on the back foot. What they have actually done is kick up a very ugly hornets nest. United can get a very good deal on either Ramos or selling De GEa if they keep the pressure up, because no one wants this dragging on. They could make Madrid to somethign silly here. Remember Casillias is gone. They need to get De Gea in now.

Ramos is seriously stubborn. Someone is going to have to grovel to make it work.

Do you see either Ramos or Perez as grovellers? Me neither, I'm going to sit back and watch it play out, which is precisely want United are doing, while poking it with bids for Ramos.

I think it's a very unlikely deal, that is moving (relatively speaking) to being more likely. But I'm just enjoying Madrid having to suffer a little tbh

Last edited:
United bid for Ramos because he s a very good defender, and they wanted Madrid on the back foot. What they have actually done is kick up a very ugly hornets nest. United can get a very good deal on either Ramos or selling De GEa if they keep the pressure up, because no one wants this dragging on. They could make Madrid to somethign silly here. Remember Casillias is gone. They need to get De Gea in now.

Ramos is seriously stubborn. Someone is going to have to grovel to make it work.

Do you see either Ramos or Perez as grovellers? Me neither, I'm going to sit back and watch it play out, which is precisely want United are doing, while poking it with bids for Ramos.
Kudos for Ed imo!

Is Casillas definitely gone? Didn't realise that, puts us in a strong position if they despertalely need De Gea. They always want a shiny toy every year and tbh this is it for them, there will be no one bigger than them getting De Gea this summer. Glad we seem to be playing hardball and like you say, Madrid suffering is very satisfying.

Schneiderlin rumours getting bit stronger, in few of the papers tomorrow, would be a pivotal signing and one I'd personally be delighted with.

Schneiderlin rumours getting bit stronger, in few of the papers tomorrow, would be a pivotal signing and one I'd personally be delighted with.

The paper confusion with him is that no one knows if he is an alternative to Schweinsteiger or if we are trying to sign both...

Mike said it was something like £160k a week, but in euros it will be more cos of the higher conversion. But then sunlivk apparently worked it out and it was around £300k a week he'd want so god knows.

Rumors is he wants 12Million Euros net which is around 8.5 Million pounds net wages. Around 45% tax, so roughly gross wages are around 16 Million gross, which is 300K pounds per week. But with clever accounting it might end up at 250k-270k per week.

The quoted wages for Sergio Ramos are still ridiculously heavy. Even if it is negotiated down to about £30K less. Having said that, there's a likelier chance of him staying at Madrid than asking for significantly less.

Seen a couple of tweets from a Southampton based journo saying he always new Morgan would end up at Utd. Will post later apparently he is reliable from saints fans I have spoke to. Also going Round that Ramos spoke to Perez yesterday and demanded to listen to offers for Utd. And does not want a new contract,

FAKo1ccf_normal.png
Indy Football
@IndyFootball Sergio Ramos to Manchester United: Red Devils upbeat over deal for Real Madrid defender despite failure of £32... http://ind.pn/1SOmDC3

scx7Nt_Y_normal.jpg
Van Gaal UTD @VanGaal_UTD Southampton have accepted Man Utd £20m bid for Morgan Schneiderlin, the deal will rise to £25m. [Jeremy Cross]

Follow

Man United News
@ManUtdMEN

Schneiderlin could complete Manchester United transfer this week

8fc755ab483b8ac6f242acafae4dbb0b_normal.jpeg
Jonas Giæver @CheGiaevara Cadena Cope claiming that Pérez called Ramos to wish him a good vacation and that they would leave the situation and talk when he gets back.

Jonas Giæver @CheGiaevara
Ramos, again, asked Pérez to listen to offers for him, and Pérez responded that all of that would done at some other stage.

Jonas Giæver @CheGiaevara
Marca and Cope also agree that Pérez wanted calm, while Ramos asked him to listen to offers for him.

Back