The Manchester United Thread

Coleman links coming up again. Must be running out of new names to link us with, and just going round to the start LOL.

How can the point continue be so completely missed there?
We know what your point was and that's more than valid coz you was comparing schneiderlin to Keane in a way but the whole Liverpool had a better squad man for man in the 90's is just ******* hilarious

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

In the current state, no English club is close to winning the CL with the quality that Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid have. Chelsea need to add much more quality depth to their squad. Arsenal still have a few holes to plug such as a top striker even if Cech comes in. City need to rejuvenate their entire squad. United will take time to find their feet and still have big holes to plug with quality players

**** are NOWHERE NEAR winning the EPL let alone the CL ... But at least its sidesplitting watching them believe they will do it every season only to fail spectacularly.

We know what your point was and that's more than valid coz you was comparing schneiderlin to Keane in a way but the whole Liverpool had a better squad man for man in the 90's is just ******* hilarious

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Well that's good la being as I find it quite amusing people can look at Evans squad and Ferguson's over that period and not think one had more talented players but that the other had key individuals in key positions that was the major difference between the fortunes of both clubs those 4 or 5 years.

Good that we're all being suitably amused here. Passes the night.

**** are NOWHERE NEAR winning the EPL let alone the CL ... But at least its sidesplitting watching them believe they will do it every season only to fail spectacularly.

Is rite.

Sadly, as I type, Chelsea are out on their own as regards the title yet again.

Not that this Mournho side is that great compared to what he's had before. But everyone else lag too far behind.

To say that we're no where near the league would be ignorant imo. A solid defensive midfielder and striker, as well as Cech would at least take us parity to Chelsea. Juventus aren't even better than Chelsea, taking into consideration squad strength imo. Before the Champions League, Juve were dark horses. If Juve can make the final, then I don't see why Arsenal can't with a top class defensive mid, keeper and striker. 99% of the time, Chelsea would not be conceding that late goal for 10 man PSG. Why can't the best Chelsea team in the decade win it, when Chelsea won it with the average team under Di Matteo?

Is rite.

Sadly, as I type, Chelsea are out on their own as regards the title yet again.

Not that this Mournho side is that great compared to what he's had before. But everyone else lag too far behind.
Again, my comments were taken out of context. I said that PROVIDED we sign a top class defensive mid and striker with Cech, we can win the champions league. I didn't say that about the arsenal team without signings. Next season, we should challenge with the title with new signings. You've just assumed that squads won't change and Chelsea will run away with it.

Again, my comments were taken out of context. I said that PROVIDED we sign a top class defensive mid and striker with Cech, we can win the champions league. I didn't say that about the arsenal team without signings. Next season, we should challenge with the title with new signings. You've just assumed that squads won't change and Chelsea will run away with it.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. (Or 'assuming' anything. Hence the 'as I type' line.).

Just the general Arsenal fan anticipation that this year is going to be the year. Which is getting even more out of control with the addition of Cech and a back-to-back cup wins.

When the manager is consistently happy with just making the Champions league.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. (Or 'assuming' anything. Hence the 'as I type' line.).

Just the general Arsenal fan anticipation that this year is going to be the year. Which is getting even more out of control with the addition of Cech and a back-to-back cup wins.

When the manager is consistently happy with just making the Champions league.

View attachment 250192

I was just told that by a Liverpool fan? You just love spinning things and getting away from the point. Do you disagree that those players are good enough to bridge a 12 point gap? Secondly, you've taken Arsene Wenger's champions league comment out of context. He said that the Champions League is like a trophy because of the financial situation from the stadium. Looking at the team above, Wenger was a miracle worker for making the top 4. Of course Arsene Wenger isn't happy with just Champions League. If he was, he'd be managing Barça. I'm willing to discuss, however keep in mature Scouse, because you are just mindlessly discounting my point, as I'm an Arsenal fan.

Last edited:

Thats not fair. For the last 10 years Arsenal have had far the best players man for man in the Premier League. But injuries, and **** players in key areas have meant they have been **** and consistently finishing 4th. Oh wait..................... :-p

oDy7SV82_normal.jpeg
tim payton @timpayton Arsenal were definitely very keen on Schneiderlein. But looks like price Utd prepared too pay is too rich. Deal close.

Get in! :)

View attachment 893874

I was just told that by a Liverpool fan? You just love spinning things and getting away from the point. Do you disagree that those players are good enough to bridge a 12 point gap? Secondly, you've taken Arsene Wenger's champions league comment out of context. He said that the Champions League is like a trophy because of the financial situation from the stadium. Looking at the team above, Wenger was a miracle worker for making the top 4. Of course Arsene Wenger isn't happy with just Champions League. If he was, he'd be managing Barça.

Wait, an Arsenal fan is questioning a Liverpool fan? Taking your line of response that IS funny.

Nothing has been spun. I responded to a post (that wasn't even yours) with nobody in mind. If you get SO sensitive about ambiguous message board posts maybe your best closing the screen down before your health suffers.

But what the heck, as you asked .....

No, I don't think what you currently have is good enough to challenge for the major prizes. The present squad is a GOOD ways short of a consistent challenge over 38 games. Cech is a good start to the summer. But there's still a LOT of work to do.

I didn't take, or even think, of anything Wenger said. (Thanks for the info though. I didn't know he'd openly confirmed things.). I was going on the past 10 years of his reign and what Arsenal Football club have consistently settled for. Lead by Arsene Wenger who has thought it more prudent to balance the books than spend on experienced quality and push on for the title. Save for the last couple of years when he has started to spend.

I have a heck of a lot of respect for Arsene Wenger and his ideals. But if I were an Arsenal fan, patience with them would be MORE than worn thin by now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to watch a couple of Brazilians so forgive the delay in any response to any more frustrations you seem to take so personally in my posts.

OKNnpwAP_normal.jpg
Pilib de Brún @Malachians Talking to @JNorthcroft who interviewed Ryan Giggs yesterday, said that RG told him Utd want to strengthen spine of the team CB/MF/ST

OKNnpwAP_normal.jpg
Pilib de Brún @Malachians Talking to @JNorthcroft right now, says Utd still want Schweinsteiger & would love Benzema. Jonathan interviewed Ryan Giggs today.

Interesting from Giggs. Pretty obvious though tbh LOL where we need to strengthen.

Thats not fair. For the last 10 years Arsenal have had far the best players man for man in the Premier League. But injuries, and **** players in key areas have meant they have been **** and consistently finishing 4th. Oh wait..................... :-p

Now that made me laugh. But not in surprised way this time.

Thank you.

**** if we get

GK- Lloris
RB- Coleman or Fabinho
CB- Ramos or Otamendi
CM- Schwieny and Schniedrln
W- Depay
and an STR in the same window will be easily our best window in the clubs history IMO.

Wait, an Arsenal fan is questioning a Liverpool fan? Taking your line of response that IS funny.

Nothing has been spun. I responded to a post (that wasn't even yours) with nobody in mind. If you get SO sensitive about ambiguous message board posts maybe your best closing the screen down before your health suffers.

But what the heck, as you asked .....

No, I don't think what you currently have is good enough to challenge for the major prizes. The present squad is a GOOD ways short of a consistent challenge over 38 games. Cech is a good start to the summer. But there's still a LOT of work to do.

I didn't take, or even think, of anything Wenger said. (Thanks for the info though. I didn't know he'd openly confirmed things.). I was going on the past 10 years of his reign and what Arsenal Football club have consistently settled for. Lead by Arsene Wenger who has thought it more prudent to balance the books than spend on experienced quality and push on for the title. Save for the last couple of years when he has started to spend.

I have a heck of a lot of respect for Arsene Wenger and his ideals. But if I were an Arsenal fan, patience with them would be MORE than worn thin by now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to watch a couple of Brazilians so forgive the delay in any response to any more frustrations you seem to take so personally in my posts.
Name me this invisible money that Arsene Wenger should have spent. Arsene Wenger has pretty been the football manager version of Jesus for the past decade. Are you saying that Arsenal shouldn't have balanced the books? I don't understand why people criticised Arsene Wenger for not spending money that never existed.

Name me this invisible money that Arsene Wenger should have spent. Arsene Wenger has pretty been the football manager version of Jesus for the past decade. Are you saying that Arsenal shouldn't have balanced the books? I don't understand why people criticised Arsene Wenger for not spending money that never existed.
On a different topic completely! But the news is we offered Schniederlin more in wages and that's why he chose us. And we both matched the 25m asking price. Just came down to wages, apparently he wanted to be one of you top 2-3 earners. Have know clue what any of your players earn tbh!

Back