The Manchester United Thread

431c0ebc8bab5246c5dede811568dada_normal.jpeg
Jonathan Northcroft
@JNorthcroft Piece with Giggs tomorrow. He knows a bit about wingers and can't wait to coach Depay. "An exciting player but with substance" Giggs says.

Jonathan Northcroft

@JNorthcroft
Giggs made point that United have missed a real free kick threat since Ronaldo. Looking to Depay to bring it back.

Few more quotes from Giggs interview.

What do you lads make of these Cavani/DiMaria swap rumours?

I'm not a big fan of the French league to be honest and could probably score a few myself if I went over there ;)

View attachment 250091

Have to disagree.

Of course Schneiderlin has to prove something if he were to join Manchester United. But it's not his caliber. If that were the case, why would anyone be in for him? He's proven it already, in consecutive seasons, against some of the best teams in the league. The next stage is to replicate it in Europe, which he has a better chance of doing with a club that can consistently reach those top-level European competitions. Manchester United - with how things are going - and Arsenal.

What Schneiderlin has to prove is his ability to adapt to the system in which Van Gaal plays. If he can operate at the same capacity with which he buy him for. To appropriate his impact in a way that continues to benefit the team. Next season and in the years to come. Not whether or not he is worth the transfer fee. Not whether he can perform against the best competition available. Because he has already. Time and time again.

The club vs. club debate is irrelevant, however the line of Southampton being "much, much weaker" than us is more or less disingenuous to how they have performed and to the squad personnel. They may not be better, but the gap isn't all that big to begin with. For a portion of the last campaign, and some of the 2013/14 season, they jostled us well for a Champions League berth. In the times we have played them, we've won a couple times, but generally they have held their own. If they were much weaker, would we not have won those games comfortably?

If it's about club stature, then that's an entirely different argument.

On what matter exactly are you disagreeing with me? Because you actually repeated my points in your post. Would I ******* love him in United? Yes. Does Morgan need to prove he can adopt to United game if he joins? **** yes. We had better players who didn't perform at United, because they didn't fit in. Is Schneiderling quality player? Without shadow of a doubt. Is he risk free? Rarely transfer is risk free.
And club =/= team. Squad wise, United doesn't have that much better team. As a club, brand, organization, like I said, it's like comparing bicycle to a airplane. The gap is that big. Many players said they didn't even know how big United is till they join.

Holy **** look at how poor that team is! Arsenal had improved so much from that team in the last few seasons it's amazing.

Arsene Wenger is a miracle worker to make top 4 with that team and rebuild our squad that quickly.

Jonathan Northcroft
@JNorthcroft Piece with Giggs tomorrow. He knows a bit about wingers and can't wait to coach Depay. "An exciting player but with substance" Giggs says.

Jonathan Northcroft

@JNorthcroft
Giggs made point that United have missed a real free kick threat since Ronaldo. Looking to Depay to bring it back.

Few more quotes from Giggs interview.

RVP? Rooney? Mata?

RVP? Rooney? Mata?
Was thinking the same tbh. Depay better at longer distance freekicks though imo. But Rooney and even more so Mata are good free kick takers, more placement than power. RVP will be surprised if hes here next season.

On what matter exactly are you disagreeing with me? Because you actually repeated my points in your post. Would I ******* love him in United? Yes. Does Morgan need to prove he can adopt to United game if he joins? **** yes. We had better players who didn't perform at United, because they didn't fit in. Is Schneiderling quality player? Without shadow of a doubt. Is he risk free? Rarely transfer is risk free.
And club =/= team. Squad wise, United doesn't have that much better team. As a club, brand, organization, like I said, it's like comparing bicycle to a airplane. The gap is that big. Many players said they didn't even know how big United is till they join.

If they were repeated points, they didn't come across very clearly. In that Southampton are "much, much weaker in every aspect"? That must include the squad, which invariably isn't true. It sounds like you're contradicting your own point. Club =/= team, yet separate the two in an analogy. Not sure where you're going with that. The two are not really the same.

Seamus Coleman rumour doing the rounds on Sky.

As much as I'd love to see an Irish player at United, I'm not sure He is the right choice.
Maybe it's just from watching him in an Ireland shirt (He never seems to turn up on the pitch).

Everton are not a team I've ever really watched, so I don't really know how good He is in the Premier league.
Coleman... Yay or Nay?

As much as I'd love to see an Irish player at United, I'm not sure He is the right choice.
Maybe it's just from watching him in an Ireland shirt (He never seems to turn up on the pitch).

Everton are not a team I've ever really watched, so I don't really know how good He is in the Premier league.
Coleman... Yay or Nay?

FWIW, outside of someone offering crazy stupid money, Kenwright is adamant the three that won't be sold are Barkley, Coleman and Stones.

Coleman... Yay or Nay?

Yay. Also DI Maria going is rubbish. It's Duncan Castles pushing it because he's a ****

Yay. Also DI Maria going is rubbish.

Sure almost everything in the press these days is total BS.
All we can do at the moment is guess along with them.

Just getting opinions on each rumour to fill the void of a football free Sunday.

Arsene Wenger is a miracle worker to make top 4 with that team and rebuild our squad that quickly.

That was not even first 11, that looks like team for some league cup game. Even if that's the team then Wenger should be blamed for it. He is in charge of Arsenal for nearly 20 years, whose mistake is it if team looked ****.

Also Arsenal always had talented players, like RVP, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey, Kos, Gibbs, Sagna, Mertasacker, Vermaelen. Don't make it sound as if Arsenal had only **** players. Those players left when they knew Arsenal was going nowhere.

That was not even first 11, that looks like team for some league cup game. Even if that's the team then Wenger should be blamed for it. He is in charge of Arsenal for nearly 20 years, whose mistake is it if team looked ****.

Also Arsenal always had talented players, like RVP, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey, Kos, Gibbs, Sagna, Mertasacker, Vermaelen. Don't make it sound as if Arsenal had only **** players. Those players left when they knew Arsenal was going nowhere.

You can't blame him for that team being ****. We paid £500 million worth of loans in 8 years with just over £200 millions worth of revenue each year. Commercial agreements were fixed for a longer period to pay off loans, meaning that unless we made the champions league on no budget, we were screwed. Huge amounts £100 million plus were also invested in property holdings. To be in this position atm is miracle work.

If they were repeated points, they didn't come across very clearly. In that Southampton are "much, much weaker in every aspect, pretty much"? That must include the squad, which invariably isn't true. It sounds like you're contradicting your own point. Club =/= team, yet separate the two in an analogy. Not sure where you're going with that. The two are not really the same.

Fixed that for you. It was clear enough, you two just took words from my post, formed something I didn't say/repeated it without knowing you repeated it and then replied just for argument sake. Anyway, that has nothing to do with United. I hope last post you quoted was clear enough :)

You can't blame him for that team being ****. We paid £500 million worth of loans in 8 years with just over £200 millions worth of revenue each year. Commercial agreements were fixed for a longer period to pay off loans, meaning that unless we made the champions league on no budget, we were screwed. Huge amounts £100 million plus were also invested in property holdings. To be in this position atm is miracle work.

He did excellent job wrt to Stadium but not miracle. He won **** all, Arsenal had 4th highest wage bill in the league and finished exactly there for 10 years.

Arsenal transfer spend:
2005-06: 46 Million, signed Hleb, Walcott, Adebayor, Song, Vela, Diaby.
2006-07: 15 Million: Rosicky, Denilson, Baptista, Gallas,
2007-08: 31 Million: Eduardo, Sagna, Fabianski, Lass Diarra,
2008-09: 40 Million: Arshavin, Nasri, Ramsey, Silvestre,
2009-10: 12 Million: Vermaelen,
2010-11: 23 Million: Kos, Squillici, Chamakh, Ryo,
2011-12: 65 Million: Ox, Arteta, Gervinho, Mertasacker, Andre Santos, Park, Jenkison, Campbell.
2012-13: 53 Million: Carzola, Giroud, Podolski, Monreal,
2013-14: 52 Million: Ozil, Viviano, Kallstrom,
2014-15: 120 Million: Sanchez, Chambers, Welbeck, Debuchy, Paulista, Ospina,

So there was consistent transfer spend which was more than most teams in the league except 2-3 and Arsenal average finish is exactly that. I don't look at Net spend as just because some team is stupid enough to pay for useless player doesn't mean Arsenal didn't spend enough. They did, more than most and wage bill was top 4 all the years.

Also Wenger had more time to shape the squad as he wanted to with clever investments which was not the case for other managers.

For 10 years Arsenal won next to nothing, not sure how that is miraculous work.

Fixed that for you. It was clear enough, you two just took words from my post, formed something I didn't say/repeated it without knowing you repeated it and then replied just for argument sake. Anyway, that has nothing to do with United. I hope last post you quoted was clear enough :)

I took the last few words of that sentence because it's still untrue. "Pretty much" is irrelevant, since it's the "every aspect" part from the previous with which the argument was about in my posts. But I digress.

Back