The Manchester United Thread

On a different topic completely! But the news is we offered Schniederlin more in wages and that's why he chose us. And we both matched the 25m asking price. Just came down to wages, apparently he wanted to be one of you top 2-3 earners. Have know clue what any of your players earn tbh!
Could you post the source? It's all very confusing. I thought that it was just l'equipe, with their report that claimed he'd agreed a deal with United. Sky sports, the guardian and the telegraph have confirmed that United have a strong interest in him and want to do a deal asap.

Could you post the source? It's all very confusing. I thought that it was just l'equipe, with their report that claimed he'd agreed a deal with United. Sky sports, the guardian and the telegraph have confirmed that United have a strong interest in him and want to do a deal asap.
Just look in the transfer thread mate. Think one was Northcroft and cant remember the other. Will be on last 2-3 pages.

Just look in the transfer thread mate. Think one was Northcroft and cant remember the other. Will be on last 2-3 pages.

According to some chileans who got Alexis deal right we've already signed Vidal and will just wait for Copa to end to announce. IF thats true then we were never in for Schneiderlin.

According to some chileans who got Alexis deal right we've already signed Vidal and will just wait for Copa to end to announce. IF thats true then we were never in for Schneiderlin.
Yeah seen that mate tbh. Would be a good signing! Will see who ends where lol. I don't really trust anyone tbh, till I see them holding the shirt :)

Yeah same here. Luckily too busy this summer to even watch rumours that much :D
That might be a good thing lol :P I will keep feeding the Muppets with my Transfer Thread. Expect things to get tasty next week when the window opens proper :)

0e9411687c10b3ed5ea4d7dfa2f87350_normal.jpeg
Rob Draper
@draper_rob Schneiderlin on verge of £25m #MUFC move - #AFC definitely out of the race to sign him.

Could back up the Vidal stories will see! Quite few saying this now in England and France.

I just can't see Arsenal wrapping up a deal like that already so easily and how Juventus would make it so considering last season in our pursuit of Vidal. If you have fair play.

This 'mediocre' club conceded less than united in the league and kept many more clean sheets. No need to get disrespectful. Have you even watched Schneiderlin week in week out? Correct me if I'm mistaken, buy hasn't he been team of the year for the past 2 seasons? He had a higher pass completion rate that Matic last season, with more forward passes per game, proving his distribution skills. He also had a higher average pass length than Matic, Busquets and Aturo Vidal in league football. He won more tackles per game than the other three and averages a whooping 2.59 interceptions per game, which no player can come close to. He'd have to score a screamer, while juggling on a tricycle to prove that he's in the league's top 2 for his position.
What are you talking about? I'm talking about club structure. Comparing Soton to United is like comparing bicycle with a Boing 747. Better players have flopped when they moved from smaller clubs to bigger clubs, why would I be certain Morgan is completely risk free? No. If he moves to United, he has to prove is caliber for United. With all due respect, its much easier to be big fish in small **** than vice versa.

Also, who's disrespecting who? Soton are much, much weaker club than United. In every aspect, pretty much. Whats disrespectful about that? And why are you giving me his stats? Why are you asking did I watch Morgan? Have you even read my post?

It wasn't club size I was referring to. You called Southampton a mediocre club, which I thought was very disrespectful and disproportionate. Southampton have been pulling above their weight in the league.

Did I forget that he made the team of the season in the Official Premier League EA Sports Player Performance index for 3 seasons in a row? If I were Arsene Wenger or Louis Van Gaal, I'd be thinking '24 million?', 'take my money!'.

Looking at the back pages of Marca and AS in Spain. Looks like Woodie and LVG are taking no **** from Madrid! And I fecking love it :)

Looking at the back pages of Marca and AS in Spain. Looks like Woodie and LVG are taking no **** from Madrid! And I fecking love it :)

Agreed but somethings got to give eventually because every man and his dog knows he's going to be starting the season in Spain.

For Utd to stand firm and not sell would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. Aside from running the massive risk of an unhappy key player.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about club structure. Comparing Soton to United is like comparing bicycle with a Boing 747. Better players have flopped when they moved from smaller clubs to bigger clubs, why would I be certain Morgan is completely risk free? No. If he moves to United, he has to prove is caliber for United. With all due respect, its much easier to be big fish in small **** than vice versa.

Also, who's disrespecting who? Soton are much, much weaker club than United. In every aspect, pretty much. Whats disrespectful about that? And why are you giving me his stats? Why are you asking did I watch Morgan? Have you even read my post?

Have to disagree.

Of course Schneiderlin has to prove something if he were to join Manchester United. But it's not his caliber. If that were the case, why would anyone be in for him? He's proven it already, in consecutive seasons, against some of the best teams in the league. The next stage is to replicate it in Europe, which he has a better chance of doing with a club that can consistently reach those top-level European competitions. Manchester United - with how things are going - and Arsenal.

What Schneiderlin has to prove is his ability to adapt to the system in which Van Gaal plays. If he can operate at the same capacity with which he buy him for. To appropriate his impact in a way that continues to benefit the team. Next season and in the years to come. Not whether or not he is worth the transfer fee. Not whether he can perform against the best competition available. Because he has already. Time and time again.

The club vs. club debate is irrelevant, however the line of Southampton being "much, much weaker" than us is more or less disingenuous to how they have performed and to the squad personnel. They may not be better, but the gap isn't all that big to begin with. For a portion of the last campaign, and some of the 2013/14 season, they jostled us well for a Champions League berth. In the times we have played them, we've won a couple times, but generally they have held their own. If they were much weaker, would we not have won those games comfortably?

If it's about club stature, then that's an entirely different argument.

Last edited:
Agreed but somethings got to give eventually because every man and his dog knows he's going to be starting the season in Spain.

For Utd to stand firm and not sell would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. Aside from running the massive risk of an unhappy key player.
We will stand firm that's for sure! Woodie said before last season there will be no more giving up players to Spains big 2 anymore. DDG might be unhappy but wont effect his performances hes not that type HENCE no transfer request. Madrid can go **** themselves and they wont get DDG unless they bend over for once and meet our demends.

u1cs5w8c_normal.jpg
Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 Marca claims Manchester United isn’t going to let De Gea leave if their demands aren’t fulfilled. Spectacular news, especially for the fans.

I love you Ed atm. **** Perez and **** Madrid :P

**** are NOWHERE NEAR winning the EPL let alone the CL ... But at least its sidesplitting watching them believe they will do it every season only to fail spectacularly.

Not sure why ... They are going to be major contenders next season since they get Cech and if they sort out 1-2 more problems which I believe they will this summer. Their team looks very good

Not sure why ... They are going to be major contenders next season since they get Cech and if they sort out 1-2 more problems which I believe they will this summer. Their team looks very good
Could be one of the closest contested league in a long time I think.

Back