The Manchester United Thread

All depends on the fee for me. TBH he plays 99% of his games at RW which is position we are pretty covered on TBH. If Adnan even went on loan we still have a shed load of players who can play there. But hey if LVG wants him and we sign him will be another great addition to the squad. Can see him at Chelsea in a Luiz+Cash deal.
In my opinion, you could shed Van Persie and keep Hernandez, so that Rooney can play up top. Attacking midfield look ok imo. You could do with a central defender or 2, a right back, a keeper (if De Gea leaves) and one or 2 top central midfielders.

Yeh, I was more thinking of him for the creative CM role mainly because his passing ability is very strong and he's good at making things happen on the ball. Would be a different option to have, you're right we're covered reasonably but would be a nice option to have just incase on the right flank anyway, he'd probably still get in our team even there tbh. Depay/Di Maria/ Young are predominantly more left sided players.
Yeah true but if we sign Schniederlin I can see Herrera being the more advanced CM. LVG likes playing with 2 BTB types one being more creative. I certainly would not say no. But Mata and Di Maria could also replace Fellaini then add to that Pereira and Lingard. Good options! :)

On to a United subject in the United thread, with us and reportedly Chelsea in for Arda Turan, would you guys like him at United? Versatile player, good at a lot of things, could fill a CM role possibly, as well as other positions like further out wide and can make things happen with his creativity/passing ability. I think we really lack a player like him, would definitely have him.

No. We shouldn't be signing him. He will be 29 in Jan and he is not pacey at all. He lacks passing range to play as CM. We have Mata who lacks pace and plays on wings. We should concentrate on better players and also who are bit quick.

In my opinion, you could shed Van Persie and keep Hernandez, so that Rooney can play up top. Attacking midfield look ok imo. You could do with a central defender or 2, a right back, a keeper (if De Gea leaves) and one or 2 top central midfielders.
I would get rid of RVP also. Then have Rooney,Wilson,Hernandez as our 3 STRs if Hernandez is happy on the bench. If not get rid of him and buy one of Lacazette, Berahino, Kane, Higuian.

Yeah true but if we sign Schniederlin I can see Herrera being the more advanced CM. LVG likes playing with 2 BTB types one being more creative. I certainly would not say no. But Mata and Di Maria could also replace Fellaini then add to that Pereira and Lingard. Good options! :)
The Telegraph are reporting it, so Schneiderlin seems gone to United. I'm a huge fan and hope he shows he shows his worth at United. He's a top class central midfielder.

The Telegraph are reporting it, so Schneiderlin seems gone to United. I'm a huge fan and hope he shows he shows his worth at United. He's a top class central midfielder.
Hope its done this week, which is being indicated. Really pleased with this, and I think 24-25m is a good price tbh and for a key player in our team. Im sure Wenger has someone in mind. Well would like to think so. Seen you and us linked with that Sevilla CM today.

Jones: "I'm delighted to have signed a new deal. This is a great club to be part of and I can't wait to start the new campaign."

Louis van Gaal on Jones' contract: "Phil is a talented footballer with great versatility and can play in a number of positions."

Not Jones biggest fan, mainly because he's so unorthodox and picks up many injuries. But he was decent this season especially in second half, needs to carry it on and keep playing consistently as I think he has potential to be great.

Smalling really come of age this season. Jones hasn't quite hit that yet.

Not Jones biggest fan, mainly because he's so unorthodox and picks up many injuries. But he was decent this season especially in second half, needs to carry it on and keep playing consistently as I think he has potential to be great.

Since that sending off Smalling was one of the best CBs in the league. I think Jones can be great. 1 injury free season and we will see him at his best.

No. We shouldn't be signing him. He will be 29 in Jan and he is not pacey at all. He lacks passing range to play as CM. We have Mata who lacks pace and plays on wings. We should concentrate on better players and also who are bit quick.

Sadly that's true for a lot of our players these days in midfield, they are mainly just all good short passers. It would be great to have a CM brought in who has a wide passing range but there isn't many out and realistically available is there?

Last season at times we missed Carrick's defensive awareness when he was not in the team, but also his distribution to quickly switch the play with a pass. Schneiderlin is a more aggresive version of Carrick but his passing range is more limited. However he's just as intelligent and allows us to be tactically quite flexible overall, for these reasons he's a good signing and one of the best we could make.

But it doesn't solve all the answers for our midfield obviously.

You'll know better than I, but I've always felt Jones hasn't been helped one bit at Utd by never really having a settled position. And down to his willingness to play anywhere, just to play, he's been as much a victim of himself as the clubs misuse.

Picked him out really early on at Blackburn (always thought he had every attribute to be a deep lying playmaker/ defensive midfielder. Strong in the tackle and very tidy on the ball with a heck of a web on him from distance); and it's become an in-joke among friends how I called that totally wrong in badly wanting him as per his mixed Utd career to date

Last edited:
Sadly that's true for a lot of our players these days in midfield, they are mainly just all good short passers. It would be great to have a CM brought in who has a wide passing range but there isn't many out and realistically available is there?

Last season at times we missed Carrick's defensive awareness when he was not in the team, but also his distribution to quickly switch the play with a pass. Schneiderlin is a more aggresive version of Carrick but his passing range is more limited. However he's just as intelligent and allows us to be tactically quite flexible overall, for these reasons he's a good signing and one of the best we could make.

But it doesn't solve all the answers for our midfield obviously.
Have you been watching Schneiderlin? His passing range is just as good as that of Carrick. He loves to switch the ball to the other flank.

Have you been watching Schneiderlin? His passing range is just as good as that of Carrick. He loves to switch the ball to the other flank.

I didn't say Schneiderlin couldn't, but Carrick's distribution and passing is better at the moment.

Last edited:
Morgan Schneiderlin. "Until now, we've not had a serious bid for him from Man United," Ronald Koeman said

---------------------

I give up on all journalism and predicting the transfer window if this is true >.> He has no reason to lie tbf.

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Manchester United bid £28.6m for Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos. #SSNHQ

Back