The Manchester United Thread

Its defo gone past that. Think Schniederlin will be done by them.

LVG wanted all business done before, not just one or two. I don't have a clue what's going on with Schneiderlin, all a bit odd to me, could of wrapped this up way before now. Schweinsteiger isn't even the same type of player so it can't be that either.

LVG wanted all business done before, not just one or two. I don't have a clue what's going on with Schneiderlin, all a bit odd to me, could of wrapped this up way before now. Schweinsteiger isn't even the same type of player so it can't be that either.
That's it no one knows. That was never gonna happen! Even if we sign 2 more before then that's still most of it done tbh.

Hunter has been briefed by Ramos' brother/agent.

He says United have made only one bid. Ramos unequivocally wants to leave.

Hunter has been briefed by Ramos' brother/agent.

He says United have made only one bid. Ramos unequivocally wants to leave.

Probably because of Madrid's stupid valuation, I'd tell them to stick it until they negotiate fiarly. Get Otamendi anyway and keep De Gea in the mean time, they're bound to get more reasonable then.

Hunter: He says United have made only one bid of €40m despite media reports. Ramos has told Madrid unequivocally he wants to leave ONLY for United.

Hunter: Mentioning how Giggs mentioned how we're interested in 'winners' throughout the spine of the team. Basically Giggs was describing a Ramos type of player

Hunter: Ramos wants Madrid to open negotiating with Manchester United, feels our bid is fair.

Hunter: Doesn't want a bidding war, wants Manchester United and nothing else.

Hunter: Ramos was informed directly from Real Madrid that Manchester United made a big bid. And he wants them to accept.

BBC are in.

BBC Sport - Sergio Ramos: Manchester United bid £28.6m for Real Madrid man

Hunter also saying that Rafa doesn't want anyone on their pre season tour, knowing that they're not fully committed.

Hunter: "There is real anger from Sergio and Rene Ramos about their treatment by Perez. And Spanish Media."

Probably because of Madrid's stupid valuation, I'd tell them to stick it until they negotiate fiarly. Get Otamendi anyway and keep De Gea in the mean time, they're bound to get more reasonable then.

Persinally I'd take Otamendi regardless. He'd go a LONG way to shoring up the holes at the back and would also organise the rest of them into a proper defensive unit.

i don't understand how Ramos is the priority when the Argentinian is younger, cheaper and a far better out and out defender IMHO.

Unless this is just a power game 'my dicks bigger than your ****' with Perez over De Gea.

Persinally I'd take Otamendi regardless. He'd go a LONG way to shoring up the holes at the back and would also organise the rest of them into a proper defensive unit.

i don't understand how Ramos is the priority when the Argentinian is younger, cheaper and a far better out and out defender IMHO.

Unless this is just a power game 'my dicks bigger than your ****' with Perez over De Gea.
If we get Ramos we wont need Otamendi. And Ramos is better and cheaper than Otamendi. Otamendi has a release clause of about 32.5m pounds. We have offered Madrid 28.6M pounds.

According to some reports, he wants everything done when he comes back from his holiday, and it seems that he accelerated everything himself.

If we get Ramos we wont need Otamendi. And Ramos is better and cheaper than Otamendi. Otamendi has a release clause of about 32.5m pounds. We have offered Madrid 28.6M pounds.

Our complete disagreement over each players respective ability aside; what you've opened up with is entirely different to what Madrid value him at.

Our complete disagreement over each players respective ability aside; what you've opened up with is entirely different to what Madrid value him at.
Think it works out at bout 40m euros ish. Which I don't think is miles off what they will except if they want DDG. Will see I guess, might not even happen.

Don't really care if it doesn't happen to be honest, more I see of Otamendi, more I like him and think he'd really suit us.

Isn't it obvious? They have very talented team, but its all mostly boys made of paper who fall over during soft breeze. The squad is all skill and no steel. Fellaini alone isn't enough, they needs a bunch of proper ***** on the pitch. No manager ever is going to admit that publically, but targeting both Schweiny and Ramos kind of makes it clear.

Every great side that I've seen in last 25 years had a 1-2 gigantic ******** who were willing to break legs if neccessary. That's just how it is.

Isn't it obvious? They have very talented team, but its all mostly boys made of paper who fall over during soft breeze. The squad is all skill and no steel. Fellaini alone isn't enough, they needs a bunch of proper ***** on the pitch. No manager ever is going to admit that publically, but targeting both Schweiny and Ramos kind of makes it clear.

Every great side that I've seen in last 25 years had a 1-2 gigantic ******** who were willing to break legs if neccessary. That's just how it is.

One thing I wish Rooney had, from his earlier game, that steel and fire, it has certainly regressed with age.

Agreed.

But Otamendi is by far and away the better defender.

What do you need more?
Sorry I just don't agree. I have watched Otamendi nearly all his career right from Velez. And baring 1 decent season in his last at Porto and a pretty average start to his career at Valencia he has only had one truly good season in the one just gone. Even then he made a fair few mistakes and so on.

Sorry I just don't agree. I have watched Otamendi nearly all his career right from Velez. And baring 1 decent season in his last at Porto and a pretty average start to his career at Valencia he has only had one truly good season in the one just gone. Even then he made a fair few mistakes and so on.

Ok. Well that's a heck of a lot more than I've seen of him so I'll respect your opinion and will happily apologise if you get Ramos and he tears it up.

Just every time I see Otamendi he impresses the heck out of me as an old school Argentinian defender.

We shall see if he's a one season wonder.

Last edited:
Absolutely not until it's official in whatever direction.

What is interesting to watch this window is Utd fans getting all excited about this big name and that big name heavily linked; and then watching the about turn when they either stay or sign elsewhere.

A sign that money isn't the deciding factor and you aren't nearly the top draw many still have you as. Been there and lived through it.

But let's not get into a debate over that until the window is shut.
Which players have turned? Just because we are linked to a player doesn't actually mean we are in for them. We've been linked to about 45 players

Back