The Manchester United Thread

Which players have turned? Just because we are linked to a player doesn't actually mean we are in for them. We've been linked to about 45 players

As I'm currently digesting Sean f'ing O'Driscoll I'm too embarrassed to skit any other club and their moves or not so you're good.

Last edited:
Ogden saying today that Schniederlin will be done by Friday. And that Koeman yesterday made him train with the kids after returning for training, after stating his intentions to move to Utd.

I imagine united having a tough time to get Schneiderlin. Just because Koeman and LVG don't go well together. Might be a reason why this transfer is taking this long and why Clyne went to Liverpool.

Ogden saying today that Schniederlin will be done by Friday. And that Koeman yesterday made him train with the kids after returning for training, after stating his intentions to move to Utd.

The whole squad trained with the Under 21's. The first team only start properly next week because of internationals this summer. Southampton said that yesterday.

I imagine united having a tough time to get Schneiderlin. Just because Koeman and LVG don't go well together. Might be a reason why this transfer is taking this long and why Clyne went to Liverpool.

That is a very interesting thought I'd honestly never considered but makes a whole host of sense.

Thank you for the Dutch perspective.

On another note, I wouldn't be against seeing Phil Jones at full back. He has the skill set to play there, and has done fairly well. With more time in the role, he could be a solid option.

Be it Smalling-Rojo or Smalling-Ramos, then having Jones deputise on the right side of that defence, it makes some good sense.

Phil Jones is not a full back and that's all that needs to be said.

Even if we do sign Schneiderlin he's not the no.6 midfielder LVG so openly wanted at end of season, now Schweinsteiger is not happening it seems, it shall be interesting who else we turn to.

Schneiderlin solves a few answers in our midfield, but with Carrick in a 4-3-3 he probably won't get in the team.

Even if we do sign Schneiderlin he's not the no.6 midfielder LVG so openly wanted at end of season, now Schweinsteiger is not happening it seems, it shall be interesting who else we turn to.

Schneiderlin solves a few answers in our midfield, but with Carrick in a 4-3-3 he probably won't get in the team.

Schneiderlin can also play as #6. His defensive ability is excellent. He should be among the first name on the team sheet if we sign him.

Schneiderlin can also play as #6. His defensive ability is excellent. He should be among the first name on the team sheet if we sign him.

Seems to of gone cold on this deal if Sky Sports is anything to go by, apparently we made a bid under £25m 10 days ago and that got rejected, haven't been back since.

Seems to of gone cold on this deal if Sky Sports is anything to go by, apparently we made a bid under £25m 10 days ago and that got rejected, haven't been back since.

Koeman said they didn't receive serious bid from ManUtd, we don't track, agree terms, make first bid and just walk away. Koeman also said business usually starts from now.

Also once the bid is rejected we can bid after few days too. I'm sure we will make second bid.

Personally I just think we're painfully slow with transfers, we made intent to get everything done before pre-season, if LVG's words are anything to go by that is what we should of been aiming for... to give him chance to fully prepare for the team starting new competitive season. For massive players and complicated deals like Ramos you could perhaps understand.

But with someone like Schneiderlin it has been known for absolutely ages he's leaving, the price Southampton want £25m, but yet it still hasn't even been done.

JugoneslaSexta@JugoneslaSexta 5m5 minutes ago
"Sergio quiere quedarse en el Madrid". Habla la MADRE de Sergio Ramos: http://bit.ly/1j5mmes #Jugones

--------------------

Btw, just to aid my negativity on this day, Sergio Ramos mother has said he wants to stay in Madrid. It's so obvious that the leaking yesterday wasn't for nothing, he's playing games to get a contract renewal. If he really wanted out he'd say it himself.

This is why this deal is more trouble than it's worth, going to cost us a lot of time, all for probably nothing. Get Otamendi in, he's younger and in fantastic form.

"Sergio quiere quedarse en el Madrid". Habla la MADRE de Sergio Ramos: http://bit.ly/1j5mmes #Jugones

--------------------

Btw, just to aid my negativity on this day, Sergio Ramos mother has said he wants to stay in Madrid. It's so obvious that the leaking yesterday wasn't for nothing, he's playing games to get a contract renewal. If he really wanted out he'd say it himself.

This is why this deal is more trouble than it's worth, going to cost us a lot of time, all for probably nothing. Get Otamendi in, he's younger and in fantastic form.

Yeah, for a time I was quite liking Utd playing a part in frustrating Perez, who's just a ****; but the longer it rolls the more it seems certain both Ramos will get his big pay day and De Gea will be back home playing his football.

And like you say there's little logic in Schneiderlin, if you want him as badly as is being reported, isn't done already. Gives you the impression there's a lot more in that than anyones saying.

Last edited:

--------------------

Watching the clip of his mother, they ask her if she thinks he'll stay to which she says "yes [I think so]". Then they ask her about Manchester to which she says "I don't know".

She knows nothing.

Persinally I'd take Otamendi regardless. He'd go a LONG way to shoring up the holes at the back and would also organise the rest of them into a proper defensive unit.

i don't understand how Ramos is the priority when the Argentinian is younger, cheaper and a far better out and out defender IMHO

Because other things than ability are factored in. We already have good players ability wise at cb albeit players who are inconsistent and who are liable to need a kick up the backside during matches. And Ramos is exactly the type of player who would balance not only the defence with his passion, spirit and leadership qualities.

Follow

Chris Smalling
@ChrisSmalling

1f61d.png
1f61d.png
Machu Picchu with this one @samcooketog #peru

June 14 2014-
United's £27m Shaw bid rejected by Southampton -
United's £27m Shaw bid rejected by Southampton | The Sunday Times

June 27 2014>
Luke Shaw: Man Utd sign Southampton defender for £27m - BBC Sport - Luke Shaw: Man Utd sign Southampton defender for £27m

The same amount that was rejected is what we ended up buying him for. Id guess that we added some bonus specific things to take the fee a bit higher and thats what we are doing now.

Schniederlin reaks so much of the Shaw deal. So about two weeks for that and it's been ten days already for this deal. Fits in with the signing being done this week.

Back