The Manchester United Thread

Rooney has long been known for his chiselled good looks.
images
I see what you mean :)

WTF.. People even argue about who has handsome players, reminds me of a Madrid fan here who used to argue about how good looking Madrid players were and he used to support ManCity..

Re Ramos, I hope we are not being used here for bumper contract. I just hope we sign Otamendi and Schneiderlin before doing anything silly. If we lose those 2 players just because Eddy was busy trying to sign Ramos then he is a fool. So many players have played this trick and everytime Ed falls for this.

Re Sky reporting about rejected bid, lol at their sources. Wonder why they didn't report about the bid 10 days ago when it was made. Looks like they came to logical conclusion when Koeman said ManUtd haven't made serious bid yet. This one looks like it might be done before preseason. WE have already agreed terms with the player and it's just agreeing fee with team. I don't think even the fee is the problem, it's the structural payments.

I just hope we don't try to lowball. just get the signings done and have a peaceful preseason.

Rojo and Di Maria both scored for Argentina in semi finals. Di Maria with a brace. Looking good so far, hopefully he back to his best with United after good Copa America.

Happy 1st of July transfer muppets! Schniederlin is done dealio IMO just like Sunil said, reckon personal terms agreed just sorting out payment structure IMO. Think we will definitely get Ramos just will take a bit longer. Madrid want ddg and we clearly want Ramos.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness AS say De Gea was convinced Man United would negotiate his transfer, he's not looking forward to returning to training on Monday.

Todays best rumour.... Thomas Muller.... as if that's ever happening, totally pointless signing even if it did, not to mention the astronomical price.

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness De Gea said to have been so sure Man United would agree deal, so as not to lose him on a free transfer, that he said goodbye to colleagues.

Sport Witness@Sport_Witness AS say De Gea was convinced Man United would negotiate his transfer, he's not looking forward to returning to training on Monday.

And that's precisely why I disagree with you that he'll be a happy camper and be professional about things for another year if you kept him. Last year was one thing. But 2 years running now his heart is set on returning home? Loyalty is a 2 way street.

I don't care what business you are and how much funds you generate. To wipe off £ 20 million or so just like that would be ridiculously stupid. Could Utd keep him? Definitely. He's under contract at the end of the day. But it would be cutting your noses off to spite your face if you did that and allowed him to walk for nothing next summer.

Sport Witness@Sport_Witness De Gea said to have been so sure Man United would agree deal, so as not to lose him on a free transfer, that he said goodbye to colleagues.

If this is true, he's clearly an idiot if we thought we'd make it easy for him to go for a low price just to satisfy Real Madrid.

Like some have already mentioned elsewhere, if he had of signed his contract like Ronaldo did back in the day with the agreement he could move if they offered a fair price, it would probably of been quicker anyway.

Honestly getting sick of this De Gea talk, obviously it may not be true, but he's certainly not helping himself with any of this.

If this is true, he's clearly an idiot if we thought we'd make it easy for him to go for a low price just to satisfy Real Madrid.

Like some have already mentioned elsewhere, if he had of signed his contract like Ronaldo did back in the day with the agreement he could move if they offered a fair price, it would probably of been quicker anyway.

Honestly getting sick of this De Gea talk, obviously it may not be true, but he's certainly not helping himself with any of this.
Maybe with the old regime it would have been done and dusted by now. And like you said if he had signed so we could of gotten a fairer price, we would have made it easier. But Woodie said from the get go Utd would not be a feeder club to the big Spanish clubs, and LVG certainly wont roll over. Pay us what we want or give us a player or **** off simple. That's why im convinced we will get Ramos even if Madrid have to force him out to get DDG.

£3.5m for Nani is pathetic by us, has to be said, our spree of selling players for terribly low prices continues.

Rather of kept him tbh if we only get that, be a good option for the right flank.

Back