The Manchester United Thread

And that's precisely why I disagree with you that he'll be a happy camper and be professional about things for another year if you kept him. Last year was one thing. But 2 years running now his heart is set on returning home? Loyalty is a 2 way street.

I don't care what business you are and how much funds you generate. To wipe off £ 20 million or so just like that would be ridiculously stupid. Could Utd keep him? Definitely. He's under contract at the end of the day. But it would be cutting your noses off to spite your face if you did that and allowed him to walk for nothing next summer.

Not really, got to make Madrid realise he'll go on our terms, not their's. He's worth far more then that and any bid under £30m is an insult to him and shouldn't even be considered.

Cant believe Moyes gave him a new 5 yr contract and a wage increase. Glad hes off the books now though!

Tbh I'd still rather of kept him if we only receive that, came off a good season from Sporting, he's only competing with Januzaj and Mata.

Tbh I'd still rather of kept him if we only receive that, came off a good season from Sporting, he's only competing with Januzaj and Mata.
Na time to move him on. He aint gonna get a look in and LVG clearly don't rate him, or thinks he can be consistent enough or play to his instructions.

rrmX0xPE_normal.jpeg
Christian Falk
@cfbayern The offer from @ManUtd for @esmuellert_ is a total Package of 160 Mio €. Contains transfer fee and salary for a five-years-contract

rrmX0xPE_normal.jpeg
Christian Falk

@cfbayern
His Club @FCBayern don't want to sell @esmuellert_. Because of that Woodward wants to meet FCB-Boss Rummenigge personally

rrmX0xPE_normal.jpeg
Christian Falk
@cfbayern Sammer zu einem möglichen Abgang von @BSchweinsteiger: "Ich schließe nichts in der aktuellen Transferphase aus"

Sammer to a possible disposal of @BSchweinsteiger: "I rule out nothing in the transfer window"

Dude....I like you and all but these Twitter posts are don't work well on the forum lol

Not really, got to make Madrid realise he'll go on our terms, not their's. He's worth far more then that and any bid under £30m is an insult to him and shouldn't even be considered.

Be it £ 20, 30 million or some other similar figure, it'd be to your detriment to just let that walk for nothing.

Its frustrating no doubt, but Utd have to sell at some price this window.

Be it £ 20, 30 million or some other similar figure, it'd be to your detriment to just let that walk for nothing.

Its frustrating no doubt, but Utd have to sell at some price this window.

I agree, no point in hanging on to De Gea who doesn't want to be there just to spite Madrid. Get him sold.

20 million is still 20 ******* million. I know he is worth a lot more, but not at this point in his contract sadly.

Try and squeeze as much out of them and use it for a replacement.

Then pinch Ramos too lol

maybe but not just cos real say so

Oh absolutely. Stick to your guns and get as much as you possibly can/ what you value him at.

Just this assertion that you're as well keeping him a year is more than a little silly. You can't run any business, regardless of how big a brand it is and what's coming in; and just let £20/ 30 million walk for nothing.

I agree, no point in hanging on to De Gea who doesn't want to be there just to spite Madrid. Get him sold.

20 million is still 20 ******* million. I know he is worth a lot more, but not at this point in his contract sadly.

Try and squeeze as much out of them and use it for a replacement.

Then pinch Ramos too lol

20million is not even worth what De Gea would give us for a season, effectively him getting us CL last gave us £70m+ at least.

They are playing hardball for Ramos just the same, only difference is they are being ludicrous with how much they went as much as £60m is just stupidly overpricing. He's worth £30m at the most, we've already bid £28m.

Madrid offering £20m on the other hand is insulting, if they offer something that he's worth £30m minimum then we'd probably accept. Having said that I think we still want to keep him more than anything for this season, even if we get nothing for him next.

Last edited:
20million is not even worth what De Gea would give us for a season, effectively him getting us CL last gave us £70m+ at least.

They are playing hardball for Ramos just the same, only difference is they are being ludicrous with how much they went as much as £60m is just stupidly overpricing. He's worth £30m at the most, we've already bid £28m.

Madrid offering £20m on the other hand is insulting, if they offer something that he's worth £30m minimum then we'd probably accept. Having said that I think we still want to keep him more than anything for this season, even if we get nothing for him next.

If a team as big as united with all their money and rep can't get a decent keeper in (again...bar VDS lol) then you have more to worry about than that 1 position.

If united really do have all this money then spend it. Take the 20 - 30 odd million from DG and add it to the pile. Get Ramos, get Otamendi, get Sweinsteiger and get Leno (or whatever decent keeper is around). Spend 100 million, get CL and recoup 70 of it.

If you can't get in to the Champions league with a team including what you have + those mentioned then something is very wrong

If a team as big as united with all their money and rep can't get a decent keeper in (again...bar VDS lol) then you have more to worry about than that 1 position.

If united really do have all this money then spend it. Take the 20 - 30 odd million from DG and add it to the pile. Get Ramos, get Otamendi, get Sweinsteiger and get Leno (or whatever decent keeper is around). Spend 100 million, get CL and recoup 70 of it.

If you can't get in to the Champions league with a team including what you have + those mentioned then something is very wrong
well if you can get that lot for 100m maybe you should have woodys job

Haha I wasn't being literal ;)

Spend as much as you like when everyone keeps saying money doesn't matter at the moment.
think its bs yes we may have a bit to spend on player but if you dont get what you need whats the point look at spurs and pool thay had a lot to spen and look what thay did with it

think its bs yes we may have a bit to spend on player but if you dont get what you need whats the point look at spurs and pool thay had a lot to spen and look what thay did with it

Exactly. If you keep De Gea now you'll still need to get another keeper in next year to replace him anyway. Unless you use Valdez.

I think you would have a brilliant transfer window if you add in-

Depay - looks very good when I've watched him. Got loads of hype this past season. (deal done I know)

Otamendi (I prefer him to Ramos but still, he would be much better than what you have)

Schneiderlin - always rated him and I think he will fit very well at United.

Probably another striker to come in if Hernandez or RVP go.

Leno for GK maybe, quite a low release clause apparently reported by some German paper. Whether its true is different....

Maybe LVG will look for a right back as he hasn't seemed to have rated Rafael much so far.

What you've mentioned and what we get are two different things entirely and it isn't as easy as just splashing cash about (mainly because clubs selling know we can do that), not that I ever have viewed it like that, I always think looking at it from a 'money doesn't matter' is a losing strategy, certainly not something I've mentioned or believed in. We still have to treat our business as financially sound as possible, Madrid have done exactly the same with players and highballed us, they are getting a taste of their own medicine now. They haven't even offered £20m anyway, their bid was a lousy £13m, like **** would we accept that for the world's best goalkeeper. (Arguable but he's in top 3 put it that way).

Doesn't matter about his contract length, it just matters how much we value him, after last season and being our best player we won't let him go easy to Madrid just because they want it to happen like that.

Back