The Manchester United Thread

What you've mentioned and what we get are two different things entirely and it isn't as easy as just splashing cash about, not that I ever have viewed it like that, I always think looking at it from a 'money doesn't matter' is a losing strategy, certainly not something I've mentioned or believed in. We still have to treat our business as financially sound as possible, Madrid have done exactly the same with players and highballed us, they are getting a taste of their own medicine now. They haven't even offered £20m anyway, their bid was a lousy £13m, like **** would we accept that for the world's best goalkeeper. (Arguable but he's in top 3 put it that way).

Haha I know I was being pretty simplistic saying that mate, just meant it's hard for United to look strong when they know they will lose him for nothing in a year.

De Gea is easily top 3, and for me, goalkeeper is the hardest spot to fill really

So you would sell De Gea for £20 million, less than what he's worth, instead of keeping him for another year where he could probably be THE key player in winning a trophy which would be worth a lot more than the £20 million another club, which btw can easily afford a lot more, offered for him? That to me seems like you're weak. "Omg we have to sell or he'll go for nothing. we can't have that we need the money"

Also, De Gea might have already said bye to the players and stuff because he thought Real Madrid would actually pay what Man Utd want. He might change his mind realizing that Real Madrid, with the vast amount of money that they have and the amount of money they spend yearly on new players, can't be bothered to spend the money to bring him home.

Gundogan signed new contract. Bayern top brass wont rule out any of there players leaving this window.

think its bs yes we may have a bit to spend on player but if you dont get what you need whats the point look at spurs and pool thay had a lot to spen and look what thay did with it

I think it's fair to say Utd are finding out what Liverpool went through last summer.

Having the money and the offer of Champions League footie doesn't guarantee anything when you're looking to spend it.

You may well end up with your secondary and third bracket targets the longer this rolls. To which I completely agree, if you're then just buying for the sake of buying to get a body in, what's the point?

Last edited:
gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Celtic sign defender Saidy Janko from Manchester Utd on four-year contract. #SSNHQ :(

I think it's fair to say Utd are finding out what Liverpool went through last summer.

Having the money and the offer of Champions League footie doesn't guarantee anything when you're looking to spend it.

You may well end up with your secondary and third bracket targets the longer this rolls. To which I completely agree, if you're then just buying for the sake of buying to get a body in, what's the point?
What lol! The window has just opened and people are getting worried who were gonna sign already :O The difference is and its a big difference, Pool never had the money we have atm! We will get are targets no doubt.

What lol! The window has just opened and people are getting worried who were gonna sign already :O The difference is and its a big difference, Pool never had the money we have atm! We will get are targets no doubt.

Or you'll just play dumb and say we where never interested in them to begin with.

Again. ;).

[h=1]Manchester United squad taking shape[/h]Manchester United's squad is starting to take shape ahead of the 2015/16 season with more changes expected as the big kick-off approaches.
There are 34 senior players in Louis van Gaal's party at the moment, although several youngsters could be set to travel on Tour 2015, presented by Aon, in order to push for possible promotion into the boss' first-team plans.
Nine players' loans away from the club have expired – namely Sam Johnstone, Reece James, Saidy Janko, Guillermo Varela, Jesse Lingard, Nani, Angelo Henriquez, Javier Hernandez and Will Keane. Janko departed permanently on Wednesday for Celtic.
Memphis Depay is currently the only new addition following his move from PSV Eindhoven but there is still a wealth of options at van Gaal's disposal as the Reds prepare to make their way back for pre-season training.
Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Sam Johnstone, Anders Lindegaard, Victor Valdes.
Defenders: Tyler Blackett, Jonny Evans, Reece James, Phil Jones, Paddy McNair, Rafael, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Antonio Valencia, Guillermo Varela.
Midfielders: Daley Blind, Michael Carrick, Memphis Depay, Angel Di Maria, Marouane Fellaini, Ander Herrera, Adnan Januzaj, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nani, Andreas Pereira, Nick Powell, Ashley Young.
Strikers: Angelo Henriquez, Javier Hernandez, Will Keane, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, James Wilson.

Norwood might have been right then. About Henriquez,Varela and Powell all getting there chance on Tour.

How is Evans even in a United shirt still... that's the biggest joke of the summer so far. Should use him as a part exchange for Coleman, if we're adamant on getting him that is.

Manchester United squad taking shape .....

God, right here, right now, presuming De Gea is gone, your 'keeper and defence looks as poor as ours and your striker options are only marginally better. And that's being kind.

Better midfield depth but starting midfielders is a toss up.

People keep dismissing it but the difference is negligible and the gap between last years 4 through 6 not that great at all.

Of course that could all change by the end of the window, but as of now, that's a pretty darn average looking squad.

How is Evans even in a United shirt still... that's the biggest joke of the summer so far. Should use him as a part exchange for Coleman, if we're adamant on getting him that is.
God knows. I would be very surprised if he here come the end of the window! Really hope Henriquez, Varela and Powell have a good tour. They are all talented for sure.

God, right here, right now, presuming De Gea is gone, your 'keeper and defence looks as poor as ours and your striker options are only marginally better. And that's being kind.

Better midfield depth but starting midfielders is a toss up.

People keep dismissing it but the difference is negligible and the gap between last years 4 through 6 not that great at all.

Of course that could all change by the end of the window, but as of now, that's a pretty darn average looking squad.
Average squad :O And that will defo change. Average squad loooooooooooooooool!

Average squad :O And that will defo change. Average squad loooooooooooooooool!

6 games behind Chelsea. Barely secured 4th. Which was more down to how **** poor everyone else was. And not a sniff of a trophy.

Laugh away.

As zz said the other day, your season rests on this window as that squad, let alone starting XI, is nowhere near good enough to challenge for anything right now.

No doubt as a United squad goes it is very ordinary, only a few of them younger youth players I ever expect to become something as well in the future that is good enough.

We still need reinforcement in key areas with the right signings to have any chance of competing for anything next season worthwhile like PL and CL.

The only real world class players I would class there are De Gea, Di Maria (undoubtedly, sign of a great player is when they still deliver moments of brilliance and assist heavily even when no where near there best) and Rooney.

But I don't have the confidence in Rooney like I once did, we still need a good striker to give him stern competition if you ask me, I think the captaincy hinders him. He needs that kind of fierce motivational drive to be fighting for his position, not knowing he's a in every week regardless.

Back