The Manchester United Thread

Is a Liverpool fan really saying Man Utd's signing have been terrible? Falcao sure, but that was a loan so doesn't count. Di Maria is the only arguable one. I feel like you can't really blame him tho. He started off well, dropped off a bit, then had off field problems and never recovered. The other signings were good signings.

There's a big gap between Chelsea and everyone else, but good signings at Arsenal and Man Utd, they will close it and will Challenge for the title next season. Might be biased but Man City need more than just good signings imo.

Is a Liverpool fan really saying Man Utd's signing have been terrible? Falcao sure, but that was a loan so doesn't count. Di Maria is the only arguable one. I feel like you can't really blame him tho. He started off well, dropped off a bit, then had off field problems and never recovered. The other signings were good signings.

There's a big gap between Chelsea and everyone else, but good signings at Arsenal and Man Utd, they will close it and will Challenge for the title next season. Might be biased but Man City need more than just good signings imo.
Cities squad is a mess imo. Some bang average players and a fair few who cant be arsed half the time. Not to mention its an aging squad also.

I think it's fair to say Utd are finding out what Liverpool went through last summer.

Having the money and the offer of Champions League footie doesn't guarantee anything when you're looking to spend it.

You may well end up with your secondary and third bracket targets the longer this rolls. To which I completely agree, if you're then just buying for the sake of buying to get a body in, what's the point?

It is nothing like Liverpool. You are desperate to somehow compare Liverpool and ManUtd fortunes but it's not comparable. You didn't qualify for CL for years and one time you did, it looked like a fluke than norm. And the reason you qualified for CL was gone.

On the other hand ManUtd won league titles multiple times, won CL, made to CL finals and missed out on CL only once.

On top of that, Liverpool can't afford to pay massive wages which ManUtd can compete with anyone in the world. Also ManUtd never signed global stars, all our signings used to be from midtable teams or form other leagues which were not so great. It's changed once Fergie retired though with signings like Mata, Di Maria, Falcao.

Exactly.

This is nothing like the majority of Ferguson squads. Which would be more alarming to me were I a Utd fan given the amount of money Van Gaal has blown through already.

There's Chelsea. Then City and Arsenal. All who will surely strengthen. And then a big drop off to the next group.

Now obviously it's early and there's a whole window to go through, but as we currently stand my assertion is the same as your own.

This is KEY window for your season. And the early signs aren't looking too promising at all the missed targets to date we're lead to believe you badly coveted.

Gap between ManUtd and Arsenal was 5 points and ManUtd with 5 and 6th teams was higher than that. So not sure how Arsenal are much better and we are grouped with Liverpool and Spurs.

If anything this season should be much better. We had one of the worst injury crisis, complete change of the way we play, 6 first team players were signed and most of them didn't even have pre season training, no pressure of playing RVP, Falcao and Rooney in the same team and on top of that Van Gaal had 1 year, so he knows more about the league and also his own players.

Also we will sign Carrick's replacement whom we missed so much last season. You are signing players like Ings, Bogdan, Milner who won't take team to next level. Only Firmino and Clyne are top signings. Milner is average player who is very important when you have quality players, but as a big name signing he is just average player.

I didn't rate Clyne highly and I said the same when we were linked heavily. He is good player though. None of the signings worry opposition teams except Firmino and you are anyways losing Sterling.

Yeah, they were injured often too.

Falcao - Terrible signing, thank God it was only loan deal.
Herrera - Excellent signing. Great CM and his contribution all over the pitch is brilliant.
Blind - Started really well but it was so obvious he lacked physicality in some away games. Then as a LB he was excellent in few games. On the whole very good squad player to have.
Rojo - He stared well as a CB then was injured. I don't remember him making many mistakes at all. For the price we paid, good signing.
Shaw - When he was fit, he was brilliant defensively and against Chelsea he was by far the best player on the pitch. Brilliant youngster, hopefully his injuries problems won't resurface. But when fit no complain at all.
Di Maria - Started brilliantly, then off field problems and then injured. After that lost it completely. Quality player but we overpaid. In a long run, he is the player worth the wait.

lpfNKxUF_normal.jpeg
ESPN FC
@ESPNFC CONFIRMED: Javier Hernandez will miss Mexico's Gold Cup campaign after fracturing his collarbone vs. Honduras.

Out for 2-4 months. Guess he wont be getting sold then.

Cities squad is a mess imo. Some bang average players and a fair few who cant be arsed half the time. Not to mention its an aging squad also.

I wouldn't say their squad is a mess, but it certainly needs work and if they don't address their problems soon, it'll quickly become a mess. However my biggest issue with Cities squad and Arsenal's to an extent, is that neither team seems to have much heart, for me a lot of players heads drop way to easy and just give up if it's not going their way, Sanchez is about the only one who I can safely say gives it his all week in and week out.

rrmX0xPE_normal.jpeg
Christian Falk
@cfbayern Pep Guardiola also about @BSchweinsteiger future: "Basti has managed a great career. he must decide what he does alone for his future. We will honor that." @ManUtd @FCBayern

Reply from PEP when asked about Schweiny yesterday. This aint dead by any means.

A lot of head in sand burying still going on which is quite funny to watch being as we've been through exactly the same.

The similarities are so comparable it's not even funny.

Remember that when your doubtless in a fight for 4th again next year with no silverware.

A lot of head in sand burying still going on which is quite funny to watch being as we've been through exactly the same.

The similarities are so comparable it's not even funny.

Remember that when your doubtless in a fight for 4th again next year with no silverware.

Game has so much in the last 20-25 years, money invested and revenues are huge. ManUtd won't dominate league like they did as there are other clubs who invest lot of money but they won't go downward spiral like Liverpool did.

There might be some similarity in Liverpool of past and ManUtd now, but Liverpool of today is not comparable in any way to ManUtd except both play in PL.

I was referring to Utd fans and (some) of their delusions more than the club.

Last edited:

Delusion about what?

Edit: Btw, it's funny though you talking about delusion after your posts about Liverpool team in 90s and how Liverpool, the weight the name itself carries in Europe and all that.

Last edited:
Delusion about what?

That you're so much stronger than Liverpool and Tottenham right now on the pitch/ playing personnel; and you're not far off challenging for major honours among other things.

You BARELY made 4th last year. TWO key difference makers between both Liverpool, who had a shocking season, and Utd. De Gea and Sturridge. We could go man for man, and your horribly substandard defensive group which is every bit as bad as you rightly say Liverpool's is, and is about to get the hammer blow of losing the key component, the goalkeeper; but you'll only do what you like to accuse others of and massively overrate one set of players and massively devalue the other. Same as your forward options and the strength of what both clubs can put out in midfield. So that's a pointless back and forth as you just take it as an affront to a Liverpool fan having a go at Utd. (What you think there is in that I don't know. We have nottin' as a club to prove to ANYONE. Every bit as big as yourselves on the World wide scene and you don't even compare in European competition.).

But keep on telling yourself you're not that far behind. Been there, done that. And remember this next summer doubtless coming off the back of another frustrating year.

Last edited:
i get what your saying not like i agree to admit it unless we get what we need and not just buy cos **** it we have the cash look at real spent something like 850m and not won a much as thay should have

i get what your saying not like i agree to admit it unless we get what we need and not just buy cos **** it we have the cash look at real spent something like 850m and not won a much as thay should have

Yeah, we shouldn't really be having any discussion at all like this just into July with a whole window to go. A LOT can change the next few months. You might fill most of your holes with quality who fit, and it might roll in a completely different direction.

Just all a big 'it' as we stand right now and one heck of an important window for your season.

That you're so much stronger than Liverpool and Tottenham right now on the pitch/ playing personnel; and you're not far off challenging for major honours among other things.

You said Arsenal are much better who finished 5 points ahead of ManUtd but ManUtd are not so ahead of Liverpool and Spurs even though the gap was 6-8 points. I don't think we will be winning league title though.

You BARELY made 4th last year. TWO key difference makers between both Liverpool, who had a shocking season, and Utd. De Gea and Sturridge.

Yeah? What about 100s of reasons I mentioned before. 6 new first team players and huge change at club where 14-16 players were sold, 6 first team players were signed, 5 of them in the last few days and not a min of preseason. On top of that numerous injuries to key players. Shaw was out almost all season, Di Maria missed chunk of the season, Herrera was out with Rib injury, Rojo with dislocated shoulder, Jones, Evans and Smalling missed many games. Carrick just played 18 games,

Then the way game was played and trained was completely different, so it's not so wrong to assume things would be lot smoother this season.

De Gea is a big loss and so is Sturridge who will miss start of the season and few more months to get back to full season. And also Sterling will be missed too.

We could go man for man, and your horribly substandard defensive group which is every bit as bad as you rightly say Liverpool's is, and is about to get the hammer blow of losing the key component, the goalkeeper; but you'll only do what you like to accuse others of and massively overrate one set of players and massively devalue the other.

With all the injury problems, new defenders, playing winger as a RB, ever changing defensive pairing, playing Blackett, Mcnair in the defense, ManUtd conceded 11 goals less than Liverpool. It's fair to say which defense is better and this is without Carrick for half of the season. Now with signing Schneiderlin, it will be improved.

De Gea played his part but with improving overall defensive system we shouldn't be testing GK so many times this season.

Same as your forward options and the strength of what both clubs can put out in midfield.

Like? Mata, Herrera, Carrick, Di Maria, Fellaini, Blind, Young, Depay for midfield and winger option, also maybe Schneiderlin. That's much better than what ever Liverpool can afford to put.

So that's a pointless back and forth as you just take it as an affront to a Liverpool fan having a go at Utd. (What you think there is in that I don't know. We have nottin' as a club to prove to ANYONE. Every bit as big as yourselves on the World wide scene and you don't even compare in European competition.).

Liverpool is not as big as ManUtd. No one give a **** about how many European competition you won. City won 0, but if player's choice is City or Liverpool we all know where he will end up.

But keep on telling yourself you're not that far behind. Been there, done that. And remember this next summer doubtless coming off the back of another frustrating year.

Far off what? I have made it clear that ManUtd won't be winning the league. I would be happy with challenging and be in the race. If the team is improved and ready for next step then I'm happy.

And only Utd had major injuries and a slew of new additions huh? And the rest is pretty much more of the same.

Sighs, you're so blinkered to Utd it's impossible to have a rational discussion with you sun on most things. Bring Liverpool into the equation and that just intensifies.

And only Utd had major injuries and a slew of new additions huh? And the rest is pretty much more of the same.

Sighs, you're so blinkered to Utd it's impossible to have a rational discussion with you sun on most things. Bring Liverpool into the equation and that just intensifies.

irony.jpg

Back