The Manchester United Thread

tDNPZBXk_normal.jpeg
Fenerbahçe SK
@Fenerbahce Bilgilendirme | http://www.fenerbahce.org/detay.asp?ContentID=45673 …

Fenerbahce confirming a deal for Nani, he'll have his medical on sunday.

His not a prisoner lol, he holds all the cards and united willl definately sell because he WILL go on a free next year. His family lives in madrid his Hot girlfriend wispering in his ear. madrid or manchester not really a toss up tbh.

He's not, but then again, club is not De Geas prisoner as well. He has year on his contract. Till then, he's Manchester United player. "I don't want to play here anymore", great, give us something we can use to get better position in negotiation and we'll gladly sell you where your hearts want. Since he didn't do that, United needs to use any means necessary to get at least some value out of De Gea.

Completely agree in principle and I admire the fortitude on standing strong to this point.

But standing by your principles doesn't always make the wisest business choice and there's going to have to come a point where you take less than you value him. Whatever that may be.

Just writing off £20 million for arguments sake would be to Utd's detriment. However strong the brand is in what ever line, that's a **** of a loss for any organisation. And there's absolutely zero guarantee that he'd be the difference maker again in getting you back into the Champions League so that's one heck of a risky strategy for those that keep arguing he'll be worth a heck of lot more than his transfer fee to the club this coming season on the park.

Completely agree with you on Sturridge BTW. He and the top draw form of De Gea where the key differences in both clubs respective finishes IMHO. And it say's far more about how Rodgers has built the side and not accounting for what everyone knew was going to happen with Daniel than anything else.

I'd just take issue that you suffered that much worse on the injury front in reality with the key components we missed to varying degrees all year round as has been previously noted. But we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

United is not writing 20 millions off. If RM wants him this season, they'll need to pay big. De Geas last season is worth 20 million alone. If he saves half of the points he saved last season, it's going to be worth it. And he will, I have no doubt. It's not in his interest to play badly, with recent chances in getting into Spain A team, he needs to be on his A game.

There's no difference to loosing Sturridge and loosing Carrick for most of the season. Both were key in our squads. Thing is, United somehow managed to get points when most of the team plus Carrick were out, Liverpool didn't. Bad choice of strikers/general transfers or something else, I don't know. But that's the fact. United took his chances when they needed to, Liverpool didn't.

If it is to our detriment that we keep our goalkeeper for at least one more season, who himself can win crucial points in a season that now involves European competition, then it's one worth considering. A player who few teams in Europe, let alone the Premier League, have. At his age, ability, and potential in years to come.

He goes, Madrid get their player, we sign a new goalkeeper. The only loss, mainly, is financial. But all parties are content with the outcome since neither has lost out too much.

DDG would hold more of the cards if he was that desperate to force the move. For whatever reason he is unwilling to anger united in doing so. That he didn't sign a contract earlier is not his fault, but ours since the club didn't open talks till this season, should have been done under Moyes. By all accounts he wants the move but is happy enough at United that he doesn't want a war over it, though like everyone else's, wants a conclusion one way or another soon.

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Manchester United winger Nani to have medical at Fenerbahce on Sunday ahead of proposed move. #SSNHQ

Why can't you go back to your own thread and cry about how Liverpool are actually really good but injuries destroyed you're comeback season. Liverpool fans always hype up about how this season is there season, and then they cry and make excuses about why the season didn't live up to the hype.

It's simple, number of days player is injured is directly proportional to quality of player. Lucas became good player to world class and one of the best when he was out injured, same with Sturridge, Flanagan who was good young player to their best defender. It's always the same.

He was the one who wasted his talent imo. Far to inconsistent, shame really! Unplayable on his day.

Yeah, nothing to do with Fergie and Moyes not giving him any game time. He played total 11 games in his 2 seasons at United. When he was played consistently like from 2009-2012 he was class. His numbers prove that.

It's simple, number of days player is injured is directly proportional to quality of player. Lucas became good player to world class and one of the best when he was out injured, same with Sturridge, Flanagan who was good young player to their best defender. It's always the same.

Yeah, nothing to do with Fergie and Moyes not giving him any game time. He played total 11 games in his 2 seasons at United. When he was played consistently like from 2009-2012 he was class. His numbers prove that.
Im not saying he was **** or anything! Maybe there was a reason Fergie and Moyes hardly used him. I only really remember him having 1 consistently good season 2009-2010. And was good start of 2010-2011 season. Still feel he could of done more since joining in 2007 IMO.

Im not saying he was **** or anything! Maybe there was a reason Fergie and Moyes hardly used him. I only really remember him having 1 consistently good season 2009-2010. And was good start of 2010-2011 season. Still feel he could of done more since joining in 2007 IMO.

He was good in the second half of 2009-10 season and after that 2010-11 season he was very good before moved to left wing to accommodate Valencia. 2011-12 also same, he was very good, his performance against Chelsea was pure brilliance.

My reply for zzeezzy few weeks back.

Mediocre?
Last 3 seasons he played grand total of 1191 mins which is equivalent to 13 games, that's for 3 seasons including this. Hardly any chance for him to prove his worth.

Before that (only in League)
2009-10 - 1590 mins (17 games) - 4 goals and 6 assists (159 mins per goal/assist)
2010-11 - 2674 mins (29 games) - 9 goals and 14 assists (116 mins per goal/assist)
2011-12 - 2111 mins (23 games) - 8 goals and 10 assists (117 mins per goal/assist)

After that season he played 631 mins and 530 mins in the league for 2 seasons, that's not giving chances at all.

Even in his debut season he got total 16 assists.

Just because he loses ball many times doesn't mean he is mediocre, you can enjoy Valencias all you want who can keep the ball safe all game, I will rate and enjoy players like Nani who always try to create chances than playing it safe.

Now tell me how did he flop when he was always among the top assist makers in the league.

He was good in the second half of 2009-10 season and after that 2010-11 season he was very good before moved to left wing to accommodate Valencia. 2011-12 also same, he was very good, his performance against Chelsea was pure brilliance.

My reply for zzeezzy few weeks back.
Like I said mate never thought he was **** or anything. Just thought there was always that little something missing, that could have taken him to that next level.

On other news All Spanish papers this morning saying that Ramos is still demanding a move, and wants out. And a few reporting that Turan has an agreement with Utd, posted articles in Transfer Thread.

Like I said mate never thought he was **** or anything. Just thought there was always that little something missing, that could have taken him to that next level.

On other news All Spanish papers this morning saying that Ramos is still demanding a move, and wants out. And a few reporting that Turan has an agreement with Utd, posted articles in Transfer Thread.

Turan doesn't want to waste his best years on bench and want to play regularly. If we sign not sure where he can play considering we have Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Depay in the attack.

Turan doesn't want to waste his best years on bench and want to play regularly. If we sign not sure where he can play considering we have Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Depay in the attack.
Turan isn't coming here, unless someone is being sold. People linking us with everyone going and others just running with

bafd2d22ad19fe6cedcc49fa0b92384c_normal.png
Simon Stone @sistoney67 United will get 6m Euros for Nani, about £4.25m. Guess it might cover payments made in 5-year deal awarded in 2013 but still odd to get it.

Having looked at what's been said, I think he might be joining Chelsea, well everything seems to point that way at least and it makes the most sense.
Yeah most probably. Would mean dropping Willian though, which would be harsh after the season he has just had. Arda is good player though no doubt.

Yeah most probably. Would mean dropping Willian though, which would be harsh after the season he has just had. Arda is good player though no doubt.

I'm not sure. I think it might spell trouble for Oscar of all players if he doesn't hit the ground running next season, if that's the case then I can see Willian being shifted into the middle (I prefer him there) and Turan out right. Still it's always good to have quality depth in the squad and under Mourinho no player is guaranteed, it's all based on performances.

Having looked at what's been said, I think he might be joining Chelsea, well everything seems to point that way at least and it makes the most sense.

One of the reason he wants out is because of Simeone's tactics which involves lot of running, it would be same with Jose tool

Back