The Manchester United Thread

Be interesting to see if we push for Otamendi regardless of Ramos, personally I think he's worth it but then obviously if we got both if will stall progression of Smalling and Jones again.

Having said that if we don't go for Otamendi and he ended up at somewhere like City, they'd have a pretty formidable back line.
We shouldn't forget about Rojo. We all mention Jones and Smalling, but he is more likely to partner the new than either.

To be fair, I get the point he is making. It's very destructive game they play. The creative play balance is completely off. It's not about being lazy, but actually getting to do something with the ball, and when you are as creative as he, you're being a little wasted as a sprinter.

Spot on Mike.

Ballague saying this morning RM are expecting more offers from us.

Yeh they expect but at the end of the day as far as I can see nothing has changed, it's just we've made one bid, it was way below their valuation and we haven't returned. We don't think he's worth £40m, which is true, like I said earlier, for a 29 year old anything above £30m is overpaying drastically.

Can we afford to wait around all summer with the risk of having no CB addition? In my opinion we should just move on because Madrid won't drop their valuation hugely to make it feasible.

Not really. They are 100% more dedicated than ex players who never used to take care of their health. Just booze, smoke and play. If anything standards are set way higher than in the past.

He said he doesn't want to just run and run, he wants to play.

And yet with all the help they get, the best facilities, dieticians, individual coaches et all; playing on bowling green pitches with a much more relaxed ruled game that doesn't have them getting kicked to Holly **** every game; the poor lil' dears complain about 2 games a week and needing a rest.

United and L'pool players used to be massive off field drinkers as was the norm. Often out together. But they knew when to drink and when it was time to be serious and professional. They ALWAYS turned up to play and gave their all regardless.

Todays players may be more professional in how they conduct themselves and look after their body's. But the majority most certainly aren't more dedicated come match day than players of the past.

Last edited:
Arda

Arda is 28. For 25-30 million pounds? No thanks, we have much better options to that attacking midfield position...

Another topic. The Coleman saga kills me guys, he works hard, a pretty decent lad, but not a top choice for us.

View attachment 247801

Keep the good old Antonio and teach him how to defend? Well, personally I would rather play him as a ball boy and sign a top class RB (or play Kamikaze Jones as RB :P)

Opinion?

Yeh they expect but at the end of the day as far as I can see nothing has changed, it's just we've made one bid, it was way below their valuation and we haven't returned. We don't think he's worth £40m, which is true, like I said earlier, for a 29 year old anything above £30m is overpaying drastically.

Can we afford to wait around all summer with the risk of having no CB addition? In my opinion we should just move on because Madrid won't drop their valuation hugely to make it feasible.
We don't know if they value him at 40m pounds, we had a bid rejected of 40m euros which is about 29m I think he worth more than that imo. We wont wait around all Summer its all part of the game including DDG. But this will not end soon either way.

Arda is 28. For 25-30 million pounds? No thanks, we have much better options to that attacking midfield position...

Another topic. The Coleman saga kills me guys, he works hard, a pretty decent lad, but not a top choice for us.

View attachment 899259

Keep the good old Antonio and teach him how to defend? Well, personally I would rather play him as a ball boy and sign a top class RB (or play Kamikaze Jones as RB :P)

Opinion?

i'm with you, Coleman isn't all that and wouldn't be worth paying over £20m. But who is this top class RB you're referring to who would be available?

i'm with you, Coleman isn't all that and wouldn't be worth paying over £20m. But who is this top class RB you're referring to who would be available?
Couple reports this morning we will use Evans and cash for Coleman. Would make more sense.

We don't know if they value him at 40m pounds, we had a bid rejected of 40m euros which is about 29m I think he worth more than that imo. We wont wait around all Summer its all part of the game including DDG. But this will not end soon either way.

We don't have time to wait around, our squad needs addressing and sorted before August, I'm not too bothered about Ramos anyway, I'd rather just keep De Gea for a season and get Otamendi.

They actually want 80million - 100million euros according to all semi-reliable papers. Which is just ludicrous.

Reports in Spain saying that if David De Gea returns to pre-season he'll sign a new five year deal.

We don't have time to wait around, our squad needs addressing and sorted before August, I'm not too bothered about Ramos anyway, I'd rather just keep De Gea for a season and get Otamendi.

They actually want 80million - 100million euros according to all semi-reliable papers. Which is just ludicrous.
You summed it up SEMI reliable, most probs RM feeding then to scare us off. Its just how it is now with Ramos and DDG saga now and I hope we stand firm! :) We cant do anything about Otamendi till after the Copa anyway. He said himself his future will be sorted after that, and just wants to concentrate on doing well for the Argies.

Some people seriously underrate our defence, especially Rojo!

That's because everyone bases their opinion on last season, which is understandable but slightly unfair. Take injuries away and you probably would've finished second. I actually quite like your squad and you don't necessarily need to go crazy this summer, but it's important that you make the right signings and if you do as I've said before I think you'll be our main challengers for the title.

As a first option, just think about the Dani Carvajal, Danilo situation in Madrid. Both of them would be perfect addition to the squad and one of them would be sitting on the bench in Madrid.

2, Gregory van der Wiel

3, Marc Bartra

Both Bartra and van der Wiel are young, fast, strong full backs with lot of potential and none of them would cost 20-25m.

Back