The Manchester United Thread

Whatever happened to LVG's transfer philosophy of buying players 24 or under? Or something like that, seems to of gone out the window if we get someone like Coleman.

Only meant to be broken under exceptional circumstances, Alves Yes (I could understand as he's one of the best, I know it's not happening now obviously), Coleman No.
Don't think that's true at various clubs he has signed players older than that.

If you're now left with an option like Coleman you should of thrown your hat into the ring for Clyne.

You're now left having to heavily over pay for the second best RB on Merseyside IMHO if these rumours are true. £15 million and Evans wouldn't do it. Not the way Kenwright values Coleman's importance to Everton going forward.

If you're now left with an option like Coleman you should of thrown your hat into the ring for Clyne.

You're now left having to heavily over pay for the second best RB on Merseyside IMHO if these rumours are true. £15 million and Evans wouldn't do it. Not the way Kenwright values Coleman's importance to Everton going forward.
Absolute nothing in Clyne and Coleman tbh apart from the price. In terms of quality there about the same.

I'd say not signing Clyne was a bad move for us if we end up with Coleman at a dearer price, only way it makes sense is if Evans is part of a deal.

Still think you're selling him short and comparing completely differing situations is changing my opinion. Anyone that would take Valencia as a FB/ WB over him deserves what they get IMO.

But again we'll see how he handles the step up.

My nephew just asked me why some players (like Falcao and DiMaria) are not as good in the Premier league as they are on the continent.
I made him two graphics of Falcao receiving the ball to represent the difference (in my opinion).

Continent ................................................. EPL
View attachment 247493 View attachment 247492

Still think you're selling him short and comparing completely differing situations is changing my opinion. Anyone that would take Valencia as a FB/ WB over him deserves what they get IMO.

But again we'll see how he handles the step up.
No one is selling him short he is a good solid player just as Valencia is. People seriously selling Valencia short though even Utd fans!

No one is selling him short he is a good solid player just as Valencia is. People seriously selling Valencia short though even Utd fans!

Valencia is a darn good player IMO. When he's played in a position that utilises his talents best.

RB/ RWB is not that position. And I know injuries played a part. But there seems this assertion you can get by with him there if other areas are strengthened.

Good luck kicking on with that attitude.

Valencia is a darn good player IMO. When he's played in a position that utilises his talents best.

RB/ RWB is not that position. And I know injuries played a part. But there seems this assertion you can get by with him there if other areas are strengthened.

Good luck kicking on with that attitude.
Im not saying we will get by but i don't see him as weak as some Utd fans. I think hes done great there considering and think he is a better FB than a Winger now that's for sure. Will be very good back up for us and can see LVG using him in big games like Fletcher use to get used by Fergie and Park also.

Coleman is a more dynamic RB than Clyne. Closer to a wing back, which is what LVG wants. Also just because money isn't an option doesn't mean you don't try and good business

Anyone one think DDG being in Madrid a bit suspect? I know press saying hes gone there to rest, but lets be honest hes just had a few weeks off with his girlfriend and Family. Surely thought he would be back getting ready for training on Monday! Guess he can get a quick flight back i suppose.

Anyone one think DDG being in Madrid a bit suspect? I know press saying hes gone there to rest, but lets be honest hes just had a few weeks off with his girlfriend and Family. Surely thought he would be back getting ready for training on Monday! Guess he can get a quick flight back i suppose.
All the players are on holiday still. Makes no difference to any deal where he is

All the players are on holiday still. Makes no difference to any deal where he is

4D70FF134A1A4E588FB8369D9039A04C.ashx
Not all players :P

Back