The Manchester United Thread

4D70FF134A1A4E588FB8369D9039A04C.ashx
Not all players :P
they might be back but technically they are on holiday :p

really enjoying the papers running out of things today rather than linking us with 50 players.

they might be back but technically they are on holiday :p

really enjoying the papers running out of things today rather than linking us with 50 players.
Yes lol papers really struggling atm :) Kinda happy the Schniederlin talk has started to pick up again today. Sounds good both managers want it sorting before said tours.

Coleman is fantastic fullback. His attacking game is very good and not bad defensively.

Coleman is fantastic fullback. His attacking game is very good and not bad defensively.

I don't even know any bitters that's ever described him as 'fantastic.'

Funny how we all naturally oversell whomever we're linked with/ buy.

Just turned 25. Still fairly inexperienced at the top level. Would defo have him here though.

Lol. He's really come on the last 4 years. He'd actually be a viable centre half option as he'd be better defensively than anything you currently have. Old school Italian- he's a defender first. And he can also play a bit. Settled in at RB at Torino, but was a very promising centre half coming through captaining Milan's U'18's/ U'20's.

Another really foolish release by Milan.

This lads a quality defender. If, and I'm reading this AM there might be nothing in Utd's reported interest, but IF you got him, I'd be ****** we preferred Clyne. If he cost as little as is being reported it would just add to that frustration.

Completely marked Sterling out the game the WC FWIW.

Jeez thought he was only like 22, still would like him here when you look at our current options.

Oh and can we please stop deluding ourselves that Rafael is a realistic option to go into next season with...... If by some miracle he isn't injured then great, but there is no way we shouldn't be buying a RB this window.

Yea, would like him too.

I don't even know any bitters that's ever described him as 'fantastic.'

Funny how we all naturally oversell whomever we're linked with/ buy.

Eh? Your posts are just facepalm worthy man. I don't even feel like giving proper reply.

Bitters? And you call yourself old enough to remember glory days of 80s. Pathetic.

Btw, one hint though, Check my posts about Ramos and Clyne when we were linked with him. Not everyone is like Liverpool fan overrating bunch of overrated players as most talented players.

If RVP goes (seeming likely), surely that's us needing a striker for definite? If Rooney got injured no way I'd be confident of Henriquez, Hernandez (likely gone but his injury makes it difficult) or Wilson to help get 15+ goals at top level yet.

If RVP goes (seeming likely), surely that's us needing a striker for definite? If Rooney got injured no way I'd be confident of Henriquez, Hernandez (likely gone but his injury makes it difficult) or Wilson to help get 15+ goals at top level yet.
Rumour is were willing to let RVP run down his contract as there aren't many interested.

Taking that on, I personally don't subscribe to the theory that if you only play 1 main striker, you don't need another top bracket one regardless as has been mentioned.

With the amount of games, and potential injuries/ players needing rest/ form dropping et all; to just go into the season with Rooney and then RVP who's well on the downside of his career, Hernandez who Van Gaal doesn't appear to rate/ want at all, and kids would be completely fool hardy.

Been through the same in recent years with managers that didn't account for injury when they only had one main, key striker (Torres, and then Sturridge. And even before we signed Daniel, a half season with Suarez and nothing behind him), and then ended up with sub standard trash filling in.

Guardian says RVP's agreed personal terms with Fenerbahce.
Yeah just seen that and reported in Turkey as well. Wont mind tbh if we get good replacement. Even if RVP does leave we will still have 4 STRs on the books. After having a quick look we only seemed to be linked with Kane,Benteke,Cavani,Lukaku all very over priced imo.

Yeah just seen that and reported in Turkey as well. Wont mind tbh if we get good replacement. Even if RVP does leave we will still have 4 STRs on the books. After having a quick look we only seemed to be linked with Kane,Benteke,Cavani,Lukaku all very over priced imo.

There isn't many good replacement they are all very average, Cavani wouldn't want him at all, Kane going to cost a bomb and needs another season or two to prove his worth.

Only striker I'd want off top of my head is Lacazette really.

There isn't many good replacement they are all very average, Cavani wouldn't want him at all, Kane going to cost a bomb and needs another season or two to prove his worth.

Only striker I'd want off top of my head is Lacazette really.
Was thinking the same, but Lyon are adamant he wont be sold this Summer. Maybe LVG thinking a bit left field Muller or Griezmann. God knows tbh he must have someone in mind or confident in Hernandez,Wilson,Henriquez. Higuain is another one we was linked to. Icardi but he is very like Hernandez in the box poacher type.

Was thinking the same, but Lyon are adamant he wont be sold this Summer. Maybe LVG thinking a bit left field Muller or Griezmann. God knows tbh he must have someone in mind or confident in Hernandez,Wilson,Henriquez. Higuain is another one we was linked to. Icardi but he is very like Hernandez in the box poacher type.

Wouldn't mind Higuain either tbf, don't know much about Icardi but if he's like Hernandez I'll pass, we need a more rounded striker.

Wouldn't mind Higuain either tbf, don't know much about Icardi but if he's like Hernandez I'll pass, we need a more rounded striker.
TBH LVG might see how the rest do on tour and judge from there. I watched Henriquez a lot last season and he looked class and dynamic, every bit as good as Vietto looked.

TBH LVG might see how the rest do on tour and judge from there. I watched Henriquez a lot last season and he looked class and dynamic, every bit as good as Vietto looked.

Henriquez deserves his chance, but Idk whether it's too soon for him to be second choice at a club like United with the big competitions of CL and PL to challenge. He'll get games in FA Cup and Capital One Cup I imagine, will be plenty for him this season.

I like Wilson but every time I see him in first team he works really hard.... but other then that... he's a bit..... meh.

Back