The Manchester United Thread

Just guessing.

I hope it is only short term. I don't like to see guys injured. But I'd wait for the scans.
Will see and tbh it didn't look to bad. Have torn my hamstring and I could hardly walk for a couple of mins afterwards and was in a lot more pain than he looked in. Will see I guess.

Watching it, it looked only a twinge but best be cautious. Luckily he would have been on holiday after the copa anyway I am assuming so shouldn't matter too much.

Hope for his sake it is only a twinge.

Just seen enough that look innocuous that turn into a lengthy time out when the medical tests are done.

I'm not sure about Di Maria's injury, it didn't look to bad, but then again hamstring injuries can be very deceiving. At first they may not look bad, but then you could be out for a couple of months or you could just be out for a couple of weeks.

I know this is never mega reliable but skybet have suspended betting on RVP joining fenerbahce they have said they have taken sizeable bets at odds as short as 1/10

Those quotes mean nothing lol " all is very well" so vague and not revealing anything what so ever!

Dunno, think we're clutching straws, if he wants the move so badly he'd speak out about it, especially considering what Madrid media have spoken out about him as well with all the BS.

Dunno, think we're clutching straws, if he wants the move so badly he'd speak out about it, especially considering what Madrid media have spoken out about him as well with all the BS.
Were not clutching at anything. Everything coming from his camp is he wants to leave and wont negotiate a new contract. Plus his Agent (brother) confirmed this according to Sid Lowe and Graham Hunter. I read that in a tweet earlier and there was a reason I never posted it!

If Hernandez leaves which looks likely surely you're in for a striker? I know the youths are decent backups but you will need someone IMO. What/Who do you guys think are viable targets?
Im not sure on Hernandez now tbh fractured his collar bone just. So after Rooney we will still have Hernandez,Henriquez,Wilson,Keane. As for targets weve been linked with Higuian,Benteke,Kane,Lukaku,Muller.

Im not sure on Hernandez now tbh fractured his collar bone just. So after Rooney we will still have Hernandez,Henriquez,Wilson,Keane. As for targets weve been linked with Higuian,Benteke,Kane,Lukaku,Muller.

Yeah forgot he done his collarbone, all them targets are pricey wouldn't fancy any of them for what they would cost.

One thing that may be a problem for Otamendi if he comes to Premier League is his height, only 5 ft 10 apparently, not exactly small but in such a physical aerial league, ideally you want to be 6 ft or over as a centre back.

One thing that may be a problem for Otamendi if he comes to Premier League is his height, only 5 ft 10 apparently, not exactly small but in such a physical aerial league, ideally you want to be 6 ft or over as a centre back.
He is a beast in the air in both boxes. Don't let his height fool you, his leap and commitment to get the ball is top draw.

He is a beast in the air in both boxes. Don't let his height fool you, his leap and commitment to get the ball is top draw.

Yeh, perhaps it wouldn't be a problem for him, just something I possibly thought about. Wouldn't think he's that small tbh until I saw it on wikipedia.

Puyol was 5.8 and Cannavaro was 5.9, and they were unstoppable in the air.

You don't need height when you look like this

puyol-est-le-capitaine-du-barca.jpg

Its all about leap and that upper body stregnth so you can push through other players.

Puyol was 5.8 and Cannavaro was 5.9, and they were unstoppable in the air.

You don't need height when you look like this

puyol-est-le-capitaine-du-barca.jpg

Its all about leap and that upper body stregnth so you can push through other players.

Ha, true, but PL and La Liga are much different with regards to physicality. But yeh, I get your point, he has the leap and commanding nature to adapt, just helps to be 6 ft or over still ^.^ Obviously.

That seems too small for Puyol btw, I googled it and reckons he's 5 ft 10.

Back