The Manchester United Thread

Well discarding silly imperial units, Otamendi is 1.83m and Puyol 1.78m, so Puyol is still good two inches smaller.

And height obviously doesn't hurt, but he still scored that goal vs. Germany in the World Cup while flying over the heads of Metzelder and Mertersacker who are 6 ft 4 and 6 ft 6. And watch how he also drives through Pique ( 6 ft 4) like he's made of paper.

[video=youtube;kPN4enpeov4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPN4enpeov4[/video]

Also lol, those ******* vuvuzelas man.

One thing that may be a problem for Otamendi if he comes to Premier League is his height, only 5 ft 10 apparently, not exactly small but in such a physical aerial league, ideally you want to be 6 ft or over as a centre back.

He is 6 foot tall as per google and wiki. Not exactly short. Also he has great leap which makes him very strong aerially.

Also,
Otamendi is 1.83 M tall
Jones - 1.80
Rojo - 1.86M
Kos - 1.86M
Terry - 1.87M
demichelis - 1.84m
Fonte - 1.87M

I don't think his height is a problem at all.

That's what I think like the start of last season. Something like this-

Lloris
Coleman-Ramos-Rojo-Shaw
Schniederlin
Herrera-Di Maria
Mata-Rooney-Depay or

DDG
Coleman-Otamendi-Rojo-Shaw
Carrick
Herrera-Schniederlin
Mata-Rooney-Di Maria

Smalling > Rojo

Ta. Hope for his sake it isn't. Missing pre-season is the very last thing he needs.
LVG said that players playing this summer would not be meeting up till the back end of pre season, especially Rojo and Di Maria being in the final. Which will be a bonus for Di Maria now anyway. Would not surprise me if Di Maria doesn't meet up with the squad until the CL qualifier. Rojo maybe back end of the Summer tour with the other youngsters that played this Summer in the U20 world cup and the u21s Euro.

LVG said that players playing this summer would not be meeting up till the back end of pre season, especially Rojo and Di Maria being in the final. Which will be a bonus for Di Maria now anyway. Would not surprise me if Di Maria doesn't meet up with the squad until the CL qualifier. Rojo maybe back end of the Summer tour with the other youngsters that played this Summer in the U20 world cup and the u21s Euro.

Well naturally they'll get a break, but they still need as much pre-season work as they can get or it's playing catch up all year.

A couple of months out wouldn't be good at all for him. Hopefully it's innocuous.

Well naturally they'll get a break, but they still need as much pre-season work as they can get or it's playing catch up all year.

A couple of months out wouldn't be good at all for him. Hopefully it's innocuous.
If he meets up for the Qualifier will only get 4 weeks break which aint to bad tbh. And I cant remember the last Summer he had a proper break, will do him good. Will defo be fit for the season and coming in with good form behind him being Argentina best player at the Copa.

Why would anyone think it's a couple months out when there as yet been no indication of that yet?

Why would anyone think it's a couple months out when there as yet been no indication of that yet?
Think Scouse just trying to put a downer on things Utd :) From what I know as of now it was just a tweak and he came off as a precaution. IF true 2 weeks max imo.

c820d7a60fc99a0cd89f67272fee07bc_normal.jpeg
Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive Luís Nani will arrive in Istanbul this afternoon for a medical at Fenerbahçe at 6:00pm [BST]. (Source: http://fenerbahce.org )

LOL RM worried about fan protests over the handling of transfers and Ilker and Ramos. That RM are considering a behind close doors unveil of there new players. That's a joke if true. That club is really one of a kind.

If we could get Schneiderlin and Darmian wrapped up this week before pre-season I'd be happy enough with that, then Otamendi and a striker (assuming RVP leaves) can be done during the pre-season tour. Also not discounting the possibility of Schweinsteiger.

If we could get Schneiderlin and Darmian wrapped up this week before pre-season I'd be happy enough with that, then Otamendi and a striker (assuming RVP leaves) can be done during the pre-season tour. Also not discounting the possibility of Schweinsteiger.
Yeah would go along with that a signing or 2 next week. Then the same before the season starts and were good to go imo. Some fans just need to realise that its not just a simple case and then bang player is ours its not that simple. We will get the players in and off load more deadwood no doubt!

Back