The Manchester United Thread

Welcome to the Sky generation modern day football fan.

Yup. I honestly think football gets too much coverage right now. I mean, rumor mill always existed, but back in a day it was 3 and a half newspapers and not 30000 blogs and Twitter accounts. competing for views 24/7. As a result people are losing their **** if there isn't any official news constantly coming out.

Yup. I honestly think football gets too much coverage right now. I mean, rumor mill always existed, but back in a day it was 3 and a half newspapers and not 30000 blogs and Twitter accounts. competing for views 24/7. As a result people are losing their **** if there isn't any official news constantly coming out.

Worst thing that EVER happened to sports journalism- twitter.

Now any moron with a moby can tweet some rumour he's just made up and it's got a zillion retweets in no time with half the World believing it.

Now any moron with a moby can tweet some rumour he's just made up and it's got a zillion retweets in no time with half the World believing it.

Then you have other morons copy pasting it all over a discussion forum.

It's not the existence of the moron mill that's the problem. The "journalists" in question could choose not to dip into it and retain their reliable authority (as some have done), but many of them have seen the quick and easy money just waiting to be made by fueling the idiocy.

Preseason starts today and players will fly to USA next monday. Hopefully we sign at least Schneiderlin and Darmian before that. It's very important to start in the right way.

Preseason starts today and players will fly to USA next monday. Hopefully we sign at least Schneiderlin and Darmian before that. It's very important to start in the right way.

Yes, I agree, if we don't I think we've failed to meet LVG's demands over how he wanted to prepare the team.

I can understand more harder to get players like Ramos or those who have just finished Copa like Otamendi.

Classic! Haha.

Anyway.... Used to enjoy watching Nani play when he was up for it. Was so frustrating to watch when he had an off game though
Yeah class on his day tbh could rip teams to shreds when on form. **** why could he not be more consistent :( I don't see what hes piping up about Anthony I am only posting what Mike gave me permission to.

Anyway.... Used to enjoy watching Nani play when he was up for it. Was so frustrating to watch when he had an off game though

Yeah class on his day tbh could rip teams to shreds when on form. **** why could he not be more consistent :( .....

Complete waste of God given talent.

On his day, brilliant as you say. They even regarded him a better talent than Ronaldo coming through in Portugal and I seem to recall both Giggs and Scholes saying when they first arrived, the players all thought Nani would be the one out of the two to really kick on.

Maybe he just doesn't have the same self drive and total dedication to put the work in Ronaldo did, shrugs.

Real frustrating waste of talent to what should of been.

On his day, brilliant as you say. They even regarded him a better talent than Ronaldo coming through in Portugal and I seem to recall both Giggs and Scholes saying when they first arrived, the players all thought Nani would be the one out of the two to really kick on.

Maybe he just doesn't have the same self drive and total dedication to put the work in Ronaldo did, shrugs.

Quaresma was another, looked unreal at times but never lived up to how good he looked early on.

It's reported on Sky that Schneiderlin missed the first day of training with an illness, but He will return tomorrow and travel with Southampton on their pre season trip.

I agree with your two choices.
I'd like to see them signed up as soon as possible.

When Nani arrived at Manchester, Ronaldo already had world class season and should have on world player of the year. At no point Nani was considered as better talent than Ronaldo.

What you are saying is about Rooney and Ronaldo. When both played for ManUtd, many expected Rooney to kick on and become better player.

Just been speaking to a few Saints fans and they seem to think Schniederlin is nearly done. Apparently Koeman said the same thing about Lovren and Chambers being sick when under bids then within 5 days both were sold. Also a reliable Saints source has said its just a matter of when not if now.

When Nani arrived at Manchester, Ronaldo already had world class season and should have on world player of the year. At no point Nani was considered as better talent than Ronaldo.

What you are saying is about Rooney and Ronaldo. When both played for ManUtd, many expected Rooney to kick on and become better player.

Maybe I'm confusing them at Utd but certainly the feeling in Portugal was that Nani was the better talent coming through.

Nani probably felt that he would never be able to form his own identity because Ronaldo was already at the top of his game and saw life beyond United.

But because everyone had grown to watch Ronaldo's development from this raw, wiry kid out of Madeira into this physical phenomenon and ultimate attacking player, they looked at Nani when he signed and said: "Here is Ronaldo 2.0", like it's August 2003 all over again.

Back