The Manchester United Thread

itBqpNF6_normal.jpg
Gianluca Di Marzio
@DiMarzio yes, @Persie_Official is having medical now in england for @Fenerbahce

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Sky Italia: Matteo Darmian due for Manchester United medical in England tomorrow. #SSNHQ

Will be ready for the Tour:) Maybe unveiled with Memphis tomorrow :)

But Muller can't lead the line. He is much better as support striker.

And that's exactly why he'd tear apart every defense in PL. You have so much goal threat from midfield, you don't really need 25-30 goals a season kind of striker. Mueller can still score a bunch, and he'd create shitload of space and openings for Depay, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Fellaini, who are all legitimate goal threats.

Obviously someone like Benzema or Lewandowski would be perfect, they can both score and create. But poaching them would likely require reaching new world transfer record.

No chance. He is not creative enough and no good at dropping deep and being a decoy making space for the wide players to get into goal scoring/creating positions.

Far from perfect. We don't need superstar, we need someone who'll do the job. Welbeck fits everything bar the scoring role. Thats why I'm so annoyed Dybala went to Juventus. He would be perfect as a backup striker and as a cover on both flanks. Lacazette can do that as well, as can Cavani (more or less). Absolutely perfect signing would be Lewandowski or Benzema, but that would mean Rooney on the bench.

Just see Rooney's interview and you will see what Van Gaal expects from his striker. It's not dropping deep and being creative. It's making runs to the channels, dragging CBs and he doesn't mind striker having just 10 touches per game at all.

And that's exactly why he'd tear apart every defense in PL. You have so much goal threat from midfield, you don't really need 25-30 goals a season kind of striker. Mueller can still score a bunch, and he'd create shitload of space and openings for Depay, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, Fellaini, who are all legitimate goal threats.

Obviously someone like Benzema or Lewandowski would be perfect, they can both score and create. But poaching them would likely require reaching new world transfer record.

Not related to my point at all. This is not about how good Muller is, it's about Rooney's back up and someone who can play as back up CF.

Mario Gomez has a lot more to his game than Hernandez. LVG clearly does not rate Hernandez and knows he cant do the STR job how he wants.

Lot more? Mario Gomez is just a tall Hernandez. His overall game is very average and is as average as Hernandez.

Like I said, you just search for Rooney's interview, you will know what Van Gaal expects from strikers. It's not creativity, it's making space for creative players.

Lot more? Mario Gomez is just a tall Hernandez. His overall game is very average and is as average as Hernandez.

Like I said, you just search for Rooney's interview, you will know what Van Gaal expects from strikers. It's not creativity, it's making space for creative players.
So now your saying we should have an average back up for Rooney? :O

Fenerbache confirmed talks with ManUtd for RVP. Just about time before it is made official.

So now your saying we should have an average back up for Rooney? :O

Hernandez is excellent back up and his record speaks for itself. You can't have superstars as back up, we have seen how that would go with RVP, Falcao and Rooney in the same line up.

Gomez is much better than Hernandez really... Well was anyway, not really watched him a lot at Fiorentina.

He scored for fun in Germany

But yeah Hernandez is a pretty good back up to have

Hernandez is excellent back up and his record speaks for itself. You can't have superstars as back up, we have seen how that would go with RVP, Falcao and Rooney in the same line up.
Well your entitled to your opinion :p LVG clearly don't rate him and he will be gone more than likely.

Gomez is much better than Hernandez really... Well was anyway, not really watched him a lot at Fiorentina.

He scored for fun in Germany

But yeah Hernandez is a pretty good back up to have

Eh? He was average for Germany. His lack of technique was so obvious with Germany.

Btw, if he scored for fun then you should check Hernandez record for Mexico. Gomes is/was not better than Hernandez when it comes to allround game.

Well your entitled to your opinion :p LVG clearly don't rate him and he will be gone more than likely.

Yeah and he doesn't rate Nani and RVP also.

It's not even like debate about Welbeck which was what he might do, Hernandez scored goals when given chance.

Eh? He was average for Germany. His lack of technique was so obvious with Germany.

Btw, if he scored for fun then you should check Hernandez record for Mexico. Gomes is/was not better than Hernandez when it comes to allround game.

What? I said IN Germany.

87 goals in 156 for Shalke first team.

Then 113 goals in 174 games for Bayern when they had him.

So yeah I'd say He did score for fun in Germany. And I never claimed he had a better all round game.

What? I said IN Germany.

87 goals in 156 for Shalke first team.

Then 113 goals in 174 games for Bayern when they had him.

So yeah I'd say He did score for fun in Germany. And I never claimed he had a better all round game.

I never disagreed about his scoring record, it's about overall game. Gomez was Van Gaal's first choice even though his overall game was average, so can;t see any reason why Hernandez can't. Only reason I can think of is Hernandez wants out.

I never disagreed about his scoring record, it's about overall game. Gomez was Van Gaal's first choice even though his overall game was average, so can;t see any reason why Hernandez can't. Only reason I can think of is Hernandez wants out.

And I never disagreed about overall game, just think Gomez is (was, as I've said not watched him in ages) a better goalscorer.

Feel bad for Hernandez as that is a great strength of his too. He needs to get a long run as first choice before he can show it. Might happen if he stays and there are injuries.

But last year he was in a team with 1 real striker other than himself and he was still used as a sub twice as much as he was used to start matches.

I do like him though, don't get me wrong.

Back