The Manchester United Thread

jOWwMpdO_normal.jpg
Amy Lewis
@SkySportsAmy He's expected to fly over to Turkey on Sunday and there will be the formal "ceremony" on Monday @SkySportsNewsHQ

On RVP

And I never disagreed about overall game, just think Gomez is (was, as I've said not watched him in ages) a better goalscorer.

Feel bad for Hernandez as that is a great strength of his too. He needs to get a long run as first choice before he can show it. Might happen if he stays and there are injuries.

But last year he was in a team with 1 real striker other than himself and he was still used as a sub twice as much as he was used to start matches.

I do like him though, don't get me wrong.

But it was Benzema, no way he is good enough to start ahead of Benzema.

Maybe move to Sevilla is exactly what he needs.

But it was Benzema, no way he is good enough to start ahead of Benzema.

Maybe move to Sevilla is exactly what he needs.

Yes exactly..... And he will have a similar problem now with captain Rooney ahead of him.

A move there would be good yeah, probably an ideal place for him really

Always been fond of him, would have gladly taken him off your hands at Milan. Don't need him now with Bacca and Luiz Adriano though.

itBqpNF6_normal.jpg
Gianluca Di Marzio
@DiMarzio #Torino, #Darmian aspetta l’ok per andare a #Manchester: firme tra i club in nottata http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/torino-darmian-aspetta-lok-per-andare-a-manchester-firme-tra-i-club-in-nottata/ …

Clubs to sign all paperwork tonight. Deal to be done by tomorrow.

I want it notting for the record I was the ONLY one on here who said Darmian would be a FAR better signing for Utd than Alves when you were chasing him and got laughed at by most all of your brethren. Who now are all made up with him.

You all should listen more. Just saying. :P

I want it notting for the record I was the ONLY one on here who said Darmian would be a FAR better signing for Utd than Alves when you were chasing him and got laughed at by most all of your brethren. Who now are all made up with him.

Sorry for not agreeing to your superior knowledge :) but Alves is better than Darmian.

I was never keen on Alves tbf his age was always my main issue and the fact he was just coming for a bumper contract. Glad we didn't get him, even if he is the best current attacking RB in the world. Premier League would of been a challenge for him no doubt.

It's Ok. I forgive yer. :D

And again, as a footballer I agree.

As a defender, you are DEAD wrong. As you will enjoy discovering going forward.

Defending is a wide term. Creating pressure and closing down opponents is also form of defending. And there's not many better players, let alone fullbacks at doing that than Alves. With Darmian we get more defend first, attack later. That doesn't mean Darmian isn't decent at going forward, but he's far from Alves. With that said, I would rather get Darmian as he's younger and can be our RB for next 4-5 years, where Alves is a short term solution.

Yeah mate. Player's meeting with Benitez tonight. Official Real Madrid account just posted it and a load of others on Twitter.

Thank you.

Well there's a surprise.

That club and it's political power plays. SMH.

Now the whole Ramos wanting a big contract fiasco which involved us (no surprise) is out the way, can we hurry up and just sign Otamendi?

We were never getting Ramos regardless, even if he actually did want out genuinely, it would of took way more than he was worth.

Back