The Manchester United Thread

dbc2376d21d1e6fe44a89c6e19e41464_normal.png
Jan Aage Fjortoft
@JanAageFjortoft Bild and Kicker reporting that Man UTD have offered Schweinsteiger a 2 years- contract. Decision-time getting closer #mufc

Quick funny story .....

Got Sky reporter hastily taken off the air over Fjortoft early '90's. Swindon away, third game of the year on the Sunday. Live Sky game. Literally came through a hedge straight into this interview of him (he'd just signed for Swindon); and this reporter sticks a microphone in my face asking what I though of our big new signing? Me, after looking him up and down; 'Who are yer lad?' 'It's Jan Aage Fjortoft from Norway. Just signed' .... 'Who? Never f-ing heard of yer! Seriously lad, who the f are yer? And are yuse sat on a horse or am I stood in a hole. Big f-er isn't he like?' ..... they hastily cut back to the studio. XD.

The Sky fella' wasn't impressed. Well ask a frigging Swindon fan then ********! Sheesh.

Last edited:
2AGgkSfF_normal.jpeg
Rob Dawson
@RobDawsonMEN Depay asked what he hopes to achieve at United. Answer was simple....'trophies'.
LVG: "I know that it is not easy and players like Rojo, Di Maria and Blind have had problems so we have to give him time" #manutd #mufc

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United

@ManUtd
"I'm very excited," @Memphis tells reporters. "It's a dream come true - I'm very happy to be here." #mufc

LVG says he can't talk about new transfers and we'll have to wait.

LVG confirms that Darmian is on his way for his medical!

"I won't talk about strikers now, ask me again when the season starts."

"DDG has been fantastic and showed great attitude in training"

I know this does not mean anything at all. But just thought it would be interesting to give a quick mention, and gage peoples thoughts. Watched a transfer vid on FTD and they claim they have been told by someone that Schniederlin and Schweinstiger will be in our midfield this season. I know there not itk as such but I have been at OT when they have been interviewing people like Jamie Jackson ex players and so on, so they do sort of have some access. Anyway who knows just thought would see what people think?

I know this does not mean anything at all. But just thought it would be interesting to give a quick mention, and gage peoples thoughts. Watched a transfer vid on FTD and they claim they have been told by someone that Schniederlin and Schweinstiger will be in our midfield this season. I know there not itk as such but I have been at OT when they have been interviewing people like Jamie Jackson ex players and so on, so they do sort of have some access. Anyway who knows just thought would see what people think?

The Frenchman: Meh.Nottin' special.

The German: UGH NO!

But you know this already. :P

So apparently LVG has hinted at Depay being used as a striker. I would love to say im surprised but ive said that all along.

2AGgkSfF_normal.jpeg
Rob Dawson
@RobDawsonMEN Interesting that when Van Gaal was asked he talked about Depay playing centrally for Holland.

This is the quote. And he plays as an IF for Holland not a STR thats why he said central.

He hasn't played as a striker since he was about 16 maybe? Matches before that weren't broadcasted so I wouldn't know but apparantly he's played there in spells at youth level. Even for the NT u21's he's never played as a striker and for van Gaal's team he's only played in a 433 (352 was with Robben & RvP).

Van Gaal spoke about Memphis and praised him for his ability to score from a wide position, I don't think he'll instantly look to change that about him. He's a better option than Januzaj/Di Maria/Mata would be as striker in case of injuries though.

This is a post from a PSV fan of 39 yrs and who has never missed a Holland match in that time.

He said: “It is also for me a question mark because I have to see how we solve this problem and it is also one of the reasons that we have bought Memphis because maybe you remember that he has played in the striker’s position also in the Dutch team.

“He can play in different positions and that is also a reason we have bought him.
He is one of the greatest talents of his age.
LVG says it himself there quite clearly. Its beyond me how people think he cant play as a striker after scoring 20 odd goals in a season. He obviously knows how to work in and around the box and where the net is

He said: “It is also for me a question mark because I have to see how we solve this problem and it is also one of the reasons that we have bought Memphis because maybe you remember that he has played in the striker’s position also in the Dutch team.

“He can play in different positions and that is also a reason we have bought him.
He is one of the greatest talents of his age.
LVG says it himself there quite clearly. Its beyond me how people think he cant play as a striker after scoring 20 odd goals in a season. He obviously knows how to work in and around the box and where the net is
He has never played as a STR FFS look at the quote from the Dutch guy I posted! Hes scored all his goals as a winger not a STR. Shows how much you know and watched him which is evidently not a lot.

[TABLE="class: grid hover stat-table with-centered-columns"]
[TR]
[TH="class: position-name"]Position[/TH]
[TH]Apps[/TH]
[TH]Goals[/TH]
[TH]Assists[/TH]
[TH]Rating[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: position-name"]WL ( Left)
[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD="class: rating"]7.79
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

From WhoScored.Com. All games played and all goals scored from LW!!!!

He has never played as a STR FFS look at the quote from the Dutch guy I posted! Hes scored all his goals as a winger not a STR. Shows how much you know and watched him which is evidently not a lot.

So the 'Dutch guy' knows more than LVG does he?

Are you having a ******* laugh? Just coz Depay doesnt show up on the shiny formation graphic before the game in the strikers position doesnt mean he doesnt take up those positions during the game. At PSV he quite clearly played off the striker at times. Sometimes even the most advanced player. But yeh I didnt watch him much :S

So the 'Dutch guy' knows more than LVG does he?

Are you having a ******* laugh? Just coz Depay doesnt show up on the shiny formation graphic before the game in the strikers position doesnt mean he doesnt take up those positions during the game. At PSV he quite clearly played off the striker at times. Sometimes even the most advanced player. But yeh I didnt watch him much :S
He really didn't he most started out LW cutting in. On the odd occasion PSV played quick on the counter from set pieces he was sometimes more advanced. Defo starts out wide cutting in and getting into assist and GS positions. I watched all but 2-3 PSV games last season I think I know. LVG was just playing down the need for a STR when he was asked about targets etc.

Back