The Manchester United Thread

Totally random but De Gea take note of Casillas Parents "I wouldn't of cared if he went to Barcelona because they are gentlemen". ^^)

Madrid are shameful club, still can't believe he actually wants to go there. All to do with his girlfriend but ****, he may live to regret it if he makes a mistakes in first few seasons he won't get the support like he did here.

just seen this god knows why any 1 wants to go there

Couldn't agree more but it's Madrid. Nottin' new. This ****'s happened for decades.

But because they're Real Madrid and they're the biggest and most glamorous club on the planet, people will always want to coach/ play there.

It just is what it is.

CJvwX3cVEAE7BX9.jpg
SSN reporting it now lol

lv2LsdCf_normal.jpg
Simon Peach
@SimonPeach Told last night Schneiderlin was "done deal" - seems that info was correct. Great servant to #SaintsFC & excellent acquisition by #MUFC.

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ

@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources - Morgan Schneiderlin has medical at #MUFC ahead of move from Southampton #SSNHQ

OHM_normal.jpg
Oliver Holt
@OllieHolt22 United buying well and buying early. Big improvement on last two summers. Bodes well for season ahead

robbo_normal.jpg
James Robson
@JamesRobsonMEN Woodward’s vision is to have an ‘elite’ player in every position. Expect more marquee signings before the window closes :)

Strange (recent) times in the North West.

L'pool and Utd. have one of, if not their best ever windows since the Bosman system came in and brought them about.

Citeh massively overspend on nothing like top calibre talent.

Liverpool have lost a key player in Sterling and the players signed aren't established players. I wouldn't call it a top transfer window for Liverpool.

Liverpool have lost a key player in Sterling and the players signed aren't established players. I wouldn't call it a top transfer window for Liverpool.

No, they haven't. 'Key' player he was not.

Yes, they are. Milner, Clyne and Firmino are no longer established players now?

I would. Best window since '99.

Last edited:

Sounds like an average window for 'Pool, lose torres, sign downing and later carrol, lose Suarez replaced with Balo, Lose Sterling and replaced with Firmino, lose Gerrard and replaced with Milner. And that is just the past 4 years...

just seen this god knows why any 1 wants to go there

Its pretty ******* unbelievable just how ****** the fanbase is. Casilas is my age, I'll always remeber him winning CL at 18 and thinking what the **** I'm doing with my life. That was in the final when Zidane scored his legendary volley. That's how long he's been around as a key player, and he still was booed and pushed out of the squad. And they've done the same **** to Raul, too.

Its pretty ******* unbelievable just how ****** the fanbase is. Casilas is my age, I'll always remeber him winning CL at 18 and thinking what the **** I'm doing with my life. That was in the final when Zidane scored his legendary volley. That's how long he's been around as a key player, and he still was booed and pushed out of the squad. And they've done the same **** to Raul, too.

Stark contrast here. Chelsea allow Petr Cech to join one of their biggest rivals, while Casillas is pushed out and disrespected.

It works both ways though doesn't it? It's not exactly like Casillas was the model professional in his time at Madrid. Remember after being benched by Mourinho, he consistently attempted to undermine Jose's authority and splintered the dressing room by himself. The only reason he kept his spot for so long was because of the way he used his friends in the media and dressing room to pressurize the club and manager

It works both ways though doesn't it? It's not exactly like Casillas was the model professional in his time at Madrid. Remember after being benched by Mourinho, he consistently attempted to undermine Jose's authority and splintered the dressing room by himself. The only reason he kept his spot for so long was because of the way he used his friends in the media and dressing room to pressurize the club and manager

I didn't think it was even possible to have a career with 725 apps in a top club without being a model professional, but then its not the first time you're sheepeshly swallowing Mourinho's excuses.

The backroom is manager's to win or lose, its his job to keep players happy, not the other way around. But since Mourinho has mental maturity of 3 year old girl, instead of trying to reconcile with the squad he decided to start playing 2nd goalkeeper who name no one even remembers, in some hilarious attempt to make "I'm the boss here" statement. He fell out with most of major players, got sacked, blamed the media, as he always does, and ****** off to Chelsea. That's about it.

Fantastic signing. He was my dream signing for the last 2 years and this is just fantastic. What a great great transfer window till now. Absolutely fantastic and the speed of the signings is just mindblowing. 3 days, 3 excellent players.

I didn't think it was even possible to have a career with 725 apps in a top club without being a model professional, but then its not the first time you're sheepeshly swallowing Mourinho's excuses.

The backroom is manager's to win or lose, its his job to keep players happy, not the other way around. But since Mourinho has mental maturity of 3 year old girl, instead of trying to reconcile with the squad he decided to start playing 2nd goalkeeper who name no one even remembers, in some hilarious attempt to make "I'm the boss here" statement. He fell out with most of major players, got sacked, blamed the media, as he always does, and ****** off to Chelsea. That's about it.

Yeah, whatever was the issue the send off Casillas got was pathetic. Rumors that not a single Madrid official was there. He spent his best years at Madrid when he could have handpicked any club he liked except very few.

Awful way to treat a club legend and still players are desperate to sign for them. So they deserve what they get except him though as he was their academy product.

That's genuinely hilarious. I never said Madrid were right in the way they sent Casillas off. But you should also recognize that Casillas wasn't exactly the model professional in his last few years at Madrid. This has nothing to do with defending Mourinho. It's pretty clear that when he was dropped, he started leaking dressing room details and tactics to the media and divided the team to rebel against Mourinho. Whether you agree with the decision to drop him or not, that was terrible behaviour from the 'club legend'

And if Mourinho purely dropped Casillas to make a statement, do explain why Ancelloti dropped him as well for certain competitions in favour of Diego Lopez. Yes guess what Tyton, another world-class manager dropped Casillas too and it wasn't to make a statement but purely because Casillas wasn't good enough. Now I suppose Ancelloti has the maturity of a 3 year-old as well right? Tyton the clown is back to his roaring best. Idiot

The fact that Perez actually wants Mourinho to return to Madrid shows that the hierarchy finally agree that what Mourinho was doing all along was right. Casillas and Ramos had gained too much power and influence in the dressing room which didn't coresspond directly to their performances on the pitch and Perez only realises this now

Last edited:
Casillas never actually leaked anything. He was simply blamed for the leaks, and no one at the club protected him from the rumours (deliberately so). Nor did he divide the team, again blamed for doing so.

Yeah, whatever was the issue the send off Casillas got was pathetic. Rumors that not a single Madrid official was there. He spent his best years at Madrid when he could have handpicked any club he liked except very few.

Awful way to treat a club legend and still players are desperate to sign for them. So they deserve what they get except him though as he was their academy product.

Agree with this completely. Send off he got was pathetic. Madrid are a very arrogant club. No idea why players are desperate to sign for them

Casillas never actually leaked anything. He was simply blamed for the leaks, and no one at the club protected him from the rumours (deliberately so). Nor did he divide the team, again blamed for doing so.

Why wouldn't the club protect him against the rumours? He was their captain and legend and the majority of the fan base was still on his side

Back