The Manchester United Thread

Wasn't it on a unofficial twitter account this was posted to? He is the senior player after casillas, so he would be next captain regardless. Plus, Captains aren't immune to being sold. Look at Arsenal.

But yeah, would prefer Otamendi.

Doubt Madrid would allow Ramos to be captain if he still supposedly wanted to leave. Gives the club a bad imagine before selling him.

Pics of Sweinsteiger in the shirt just released. Just need confirmation on Schneiderlin now

Thank God for saving us from Ramos. Never wanted that immature, arrogant **** at United.

I am trying to be optimistic about the Otamendi transfer and I do hope we sign the lad but for some reason I don't think it's gonna happen. Both Jones and Smalling signed extensions plus we have the brilliant Rojo as CB. So if LVG wanna stick to the 4-3-3 formation, he might thinks our CB section is sufficient.

Valdes IS NOT going on the tour. Looks like he's off then

If that happens De Gea definitely stays this season. We may need to buy another first team goalkeeper as well for backup.

Edit: Nevermind forgot about Lindegaard.

Morgan Schneiderlin said: "I am delighted to be a Manchester United player. Once I learned that United were interested in signing me, it was a very easy decision to make. I have enjoyed seven very happy years with Southampton and it’s a club that will always be in my heart. But the chance to be part of this squad to help this great club be successful was too good to miss.

"I’m excited to be starting that journey on our trip to the USA. I know what Manchester United means to fans all over the world and I’m looking forward to experiencing that."

Louis van Gaal said: "Morgan is a very talented player with great energy and ability. His skills will complement the players that we already have and I am very pleased that we have been able to complete this deal before the tour to the United States. That training camp will be very important in our preparations for the new season and gives Morgan and the other players a chance to show our fans what they can achieve together."

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd "Manchester United is the only club I would have left Munich for," said Schweinsteiger. More: http://bit.ly/1M64YVy #WelcomeBasti

Follow

Manchester United
@ManUtd

Louis van Gaal on Schweinsteiger: "He brings a wealth of experience and is an excellent addition to our squad." pic.twitter.com/BXnFgSsDxN

CJy2j4oUkAANmHj.jpg

Bastian Schweinsteiger said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayern Munich, it has been an incredible journey and I didn’t take the decision to leave lightly. Manchester United is the only club that I would have left Munich for. I feel ready for this new and exciting challenge in what I regard as the most competitive league in the world and I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal again.

"I will never forget my time at Bayern Munich and I would like to thank everyone at the club and the fans for the great memories."

Louis van Gaal said: "Bastian is, of course, no stranger to me. I worked with him during my time at Bayern Munich and I am truly delighted he is joining Manchester United. His record speaks for itself; he has won every honour at club level and was a major part of the successful Germany World Cup-winning team last summer.

"Bastian is the ultimate professional and there is no doubting his talent and his ability to control games. He brings a wealth of experience and is an excellent addition to our squad.

If we end up losing Di Maria for Cavani that will ruin the whole window for me.

If that happens De Gea definitely stays this season. We may need to buy another first team goalkeeper as well for backup.

Edit: Nevermind forgot about Lindegaard.

I wouldnt mind Johnstone getting a few games next year. See how he handles it. Id love for us to bring through a keeper of our own

lFsNcBDR_normal.png
Sky Sports Football
@SkyFootball Victor Valdes wants to stay at Manchester United despite Antalyaspor interest, says his agent

Back