The Manchester United Thread

Character assassination.

Thats nice but then why sack Mourinho later on if they were going to silently support his accusations? Why not get rid of Ramos and Casillas instead? It's not hard to believe what happened. Casillas got dropped. He was unhappy and started to leak dressing room details to the media to undermine Mourinho's authority. The Spanish players were not happy with the way Mourinho had created a siege mentality against Barecelona and the fact that Casillas was dropped so they came over to his side. Both sides were in the wrong but let's not pretend Casillas behaved like a saint

Thats nice but then why sack Mourinho later on if they were going to silently support his accusations? Why not get rid of Ramos and Casillas instead? It's not hard to believe what happened. Casillas got dropped. He was unhappy and started to leak dressing room details to the media to undermine Mourinho's authority. The Spanish players were not happy with the way Mourinho had created a siege mentality against Barecelona and the fact that Casillas was dropped so they came over to his side. Both sides were in the wrong but let's not pretend Casillas behaved like a saint
No idea but that's not my point. Casillias never made any leaks or split the squad. That's a fact. You can defend Jose for whatever reasons, I'm not even having a go at him and I don't know why or care really what the politics were. But as Sid Lowe points out, he never did what he was accused of. So it's not pretending he's a saint. It's a fact he didn't do it.

Andreas Pereira
@andrinhopereira

Off to
1f1fa-1f1f8.png
2708.png
!! Pre-season starts now! Looking forward to the season @ManUtd!
11:28 AM - 13 Jul 2015

Wow...just when I thought this transfer window was becoming a disaster...boom...darmian, Schweinsteiger and schniederlin...

No idea but that's not my point. Casillias never made any leaks or split the squad. That's a fact. You can defend Jose for whatever reasons, I'm not even having a go at him and I don't know why or care really what the politics were. But as Sid Lowe points out, he never did what he was accused of. So it's not pretending he's a saint. It's a fact he didn't do it.

I am not defending Jose though. All I am saying is that we shouldn't make Casillas out to be like he was some martyr who behaved like a pro in the shirt before being shunted out by an evil club. His treatment at the hands of Madrid is horrific agreed. That's not the debate. Who made those dressing room leaks then? Jose himself?

When was the last time we could confidently say we have one of the best midfield in the world? This is the most wonderful weekend I've ever had as a muppet.

When was the last time we could confidently say we have one of the best midfield in the world? This is the most wonderful weekend I've ever had as a muppet.

I know...I've been challenging chelsea fans saying we have the better midfield without being laughed at...good day...good day...

I am not defending Jose though. All I am saying is that we shouldn't make Casillas out to be like he was some martyr who behaved like a pro in the shirt before being shunted out by an evil club. His treatment at the hands of Madrid is horrific agreed. That's not the debate. Who made those dressing room leaks then? Jose himself?
I don't know who made the leaks, not fussed. The point is that casillas didn't. That is the debate. Casillas never did the things he was accused of, he was a pro. The wider debate is irrelevant. The only point I'm making is that he never did what he was accused of. That's it.

I don't know who made the leaks, not fussed. The point is that casillas didn't. That is the debate. Casillas never did the things he was accused of, he was a pro. The wider debate is irrelevant. The only point I'm making is that he never did what he was accused of. That's it.

What was he accused of? Just a passing interest in this and oblivious to any details but curious as to the current discussion.

So Morgan Schneiderlin has completed his medical.

I really feel like taking the day off, buying a load of beer/crisps and just spending the day smiling, drinking, playing FM and world of Tanks and then smiling some more.

So Morgan Schneiderlin has completed his medical.

I really feel like taking the day off, buying a load of beer/crisps and just spending the day smiling, drinking, playing FM and world of Tanks and then smiling some more.

Been there...done that...

I did it since Schweinsteiger signed

What was he accused of? Just a passing interest in this and oblivious to any details but curious as to the current discussion.
There were numerous leaks to the media about team sheets, and player discontent, and it was attributed to him. He was also accused of dividing the squad and undermining mourinho

There were numerous leaks to the media about team sheets, and player discontent, and it was attributed to him. He was also accused of dividing the squad and undermining mourinho

Thank you. I was getting the impression reading the discussion he'd been the patsy in all that by the club. Just wasn't sure exactly what had gone down.

Appreciated.

Thank you. I was getting the impression reading the discussion he'd been the patsy in all that by the club. Just wasn't sure exactly what had gone down.

Appreciated.
He was and his form never recovered from it. Why it happened is a question for the politicians of Madrid. But in the end they crushed a legend of the game

Both Casillas and Raul were widely regarded as ultra-professional for better part of two decades. Its only when they needed to be shipped off the rumours started. Story has it, Raul stayed after training for extra workout even when playing in Qatar pensioner league. He was always real class act on the pitch too, never had a red, and averaged one yellow card a year or something like that. I'm supposed to believe that's the kind of guy who suddenly turned into spoiled brat? No chance Lance.

That's just how Madrid politics roll, when player gets too big they have to bring him down. I have no doubt the same **** will be done for Ramos and Ronaldo when their time comes.

Both Casillas and Raul were widely regarded as ultra-professional for better part of two decades. Its only when they needed to be shipped off the rumours started. Story has it, Raul stayed after training for extra workout even when playing in Qatar pensioner league. He was always real class act on the pitch too, never had a red, and averaged one yellow card a year or something like that. I'm supposed to believe that's the kind of guy who suddenly turned into spoiled brat? No chance Lance.

That's just how Madrid politics roll, when player gets too big they have to bring him down. I have no doubt the same **** will be done for Ramos and Ronaldo when their time comes.
They did it to ozil, and to a lesser extent di Maria

Last edited:
Ramos announced captain of Madrid for upcoming season... puts that one to bed.

Not too fussed though as we can now get just as good player in Otamendi on current form he may even be better.

Not too fussed though as we can now get just as good player in Otamendi on current form he may even be better.
De Gea is also going to the states for pre season. Clearly it's a case of no Ramos, no De Gea

Wasn't it on a unofficial twitter account this was posted to? He is the senior player after casillas, so he would be next captain regardless. Plus, Captains aren't immune to being sold. Look at Arsenal.

But yeah, would prefer Otamendi.

Back