The Manchester United Thread

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Marca throw De Gea toys out of pram, say he'll 'endure' another season and blame LVG for lack of renewal. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/de-gea-to-endure-another-man-united-season-lvg-s-fault-he-s-not-r …

LOL bitter or what :)

Zzezzy you worry about everything tbf. We are not getting muller. No chance now BS has left

Obviously being a Liverpool fan I hate you all (in football terms)

But you've had an amazing few days of business! You excited?

Think we will go all out for Muller or Kane.

Muller seems more likely, but the more I think about it do we really need another striker this year? We have enough defensive quality in midfield now to allow us to play more free attacking football with the forward players. So if we give freedom to the likes of Depay, Di Maria, Mata, Young, Januzaj, Perreira and even Valencia. Any 2 of those either side of Rooney with Wilson as back-up. If we need a slight change in style we can play Fellaini as a target man striker to hold up and knock down for those attackers. All are more than capable of finding the net. Especially Depay, Di Maria and Mata. Add to that the occasional burst from Herrera and Schweinsteiger. We have goals all over the pitch. Its just using the players correctly.

Muller seems more likely, but the more I think about it do we really need another striker this year? We have enough defensive quality in midfield now to allow us to play more free attacking football with the forward players. So if we give freedom to the likes of Depay, Di Maria, Mata, Young, Januzaj, Perreira and even Valencia. Any 2 of those either side of Rooney with Wilson as back-up. If we need a slight change in style we can play Fellaini as a target man striker to hold up and knock down for those attackers. All are more than capable of finding the net. Especially Depay, Di Maria and Mata. Add to that the occasional burst from Herrera and Schweinsteiger. We have goals all over the pitch. Its just using the players correctly.

Only just realised how much quality is actually in your squad now after reading that post

Think LVG is set on getting a marquee STR and CB. If reports are true.

Think LVG is set on getting a marquee STR and CB. If reports are true.

I think Otamendi is done already. Or near enough. Just no point pushing it considering he's on holiday and isnt needed on tour.

If our new midfield clicks on this tour, and especially Depay can start finding the net straight away it might change his thinking regarding a striker. A Midfield of Herrera, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger (rotated with Carrick and Blind. Possibly Fellaini), should give us enough defensive stability to allow the front three free reign, supported by the fullbacks and Herrera at times. The only question mark for me is if Wilson is up to the task of starting games leading the line and being supported by the wide men. We all know Fellaini can go up top and do a decent job if a change of style is required.

I think Otamendi is done already. Or near enough. Just no point pushing it considering he's on holiday and isnt needed on tour.

If our new midfield clicks on this tour, and especially Depay can start finding the net straight away it might change his thinking regarding a striker. A Midfield of Herrera, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger (rotated with Carrick and Blind. Possibly Fellaini), should give us enough defensive stability to allow the front three free reign, supported by the fullbacks and Herrera at times. The only question mark for me is if Wilson is up to the task of starting games leading the line and being supported by the wide men. We all know Fellaini can go up top and do a decent job if a change of style is required.
Yeah think the same on Otamendi. Will be interesting with the STR situation. I really rate Wilson, not quite sure he ready to be back up. Hope he has a good tour and Goss.

Going to be a big season for Paddy McNair this year if he doesnt go out on loan I think. We know that LVG likes to bring through youth players. Mcnair was excellent last season and hardly put a foot wrong considering he was thrown straight in and into a new formation. Later in the season when he played in the back 4 and the team was finding its feet I thought he did great.

His composure with the ball at his feet and bringing it out from the back was excellent given his inexperience. LVG likes at least one of his central defenders to be comfortable and confident on the ball with the ability to bring it forward and McNair showed he can do that. Im hoping he gets a bit more game time. If we get Otamendi then Id be more than happy for Evans to be sold and McNair take his place in the squad.

Back