The Manchester United Thread

Midfield of Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera. Lol, never thought we would have such a strong CM trio. From softest midfield to one of the hardest in the league.

Follow

Luke Shaw
@LukeShaw3

Here we go
2708.png
#MUtour @samjohnstone50 @PhilJones4

Otamendi is interesting. If he and Darmian adapt quickly to our football, that's a real good platform to build off. Both should help organise the mess back there into a cohesive unit.

That should push Utd closer.

Yeah, I don't know if striker is needed with so much goal threat in the midfield. Rooney leading the line with Wilson as backup and maybe Fellaini occasionally moonlighting as a forward, should be enough.

I'm kind of worried for Blind. He's now 3rd or even 4th choice as DM and i don't see that improving really with this midfield. He might have to focus again on the LB position.

Yeah, I don't know if striker is needed with so much goal threat in the midfield. Rooney leading the line with Wilson as backup and maybe Fellaini occasionally moonlighting as a forward, should be enough.

I see your point mate but we do need a 20+ goal per season cf. Rooney tends to be on and off with matches plus he WILL get injured and we also cant burn him out.

But I wouldnt be that comfortable with Kane as he may be a one season wonder and neither would I be comfortable with Cavani fearing he ll be another FALCAO. Stumped. Lukaku maybe?

We scored 62 goals last season in the league, with City scoring the most on 83. If we look at realistic targets for our players goal wise:

Rooney - 20
Mata - 10
Di Maria - 10
Depay - 10
Fellaini - 10
Wilson - 10
Young - 5
Herrera - 5

Thats 80 goals right there and I dont see them as unrealistic targets. Maybe Wilson and Fellaini could drop to between 5 and 10 but even at 5 a piece thats 70 goals. Thats without the odd goal from Schweinsteiger and maybe 5 or so in total from the back 4.

Add that to a better defense and we are very much on for a title challenge.

This is our travelling party to the States. Expected more younsters but oh well:

Tyler Blackett
Daley Blind
Michael Carrick
Matteo Darmian
David De Gea
Memphis Depay
Jonny Evans
Marouane Fellaini
Sean Goss
Ander Herrera
Adnan Januzaj
Sam Johnstone
Phil Jones
Anders Lindegaard
Jesse Lingard
Juan Mata
Patrick McNair
Andreas Pereira
Wayne Rooney
Morgan Schneiderlin
Bastian Schweinsteiger
Luke Shaw
Chris Smalling
Antonio Valencia
James Wilson

qfusdC7K_normal.jpg
Barney @Red News @barneyrednews Bastian Schweinsteiger: "Of course he’s a great coach, but it’s not about him, it’s more about the club, Manchester United, such a big club"

2UYa08ia_normal.jpg
Gary Neville
@GNev2 I like the Darmian signing. Watched him a lot in planning for Italy. If he can transfer his form and settle in then he will be very good.

Back