The Manchester United Thread

232176D179E240A2ACC272B636F436D3.ashx

well I think this season is going to be a great one I cant see no week points in the team and if we get ramos and keep de gea be great

Yeah, would be mental to keep wasting Rooney as #10 when he always delivers as a striker.

Rooney/Wilson

Di Maria/Young Mata/Fellaini Deepay/Januzaj

Schneiderlin/Blind Herrera

Bastian/Carrick

First squad looks as solid as any and backup team isn't half bad either. Just to sort out the defence.

Q: The fee for Schweinsteiger has been reported as €20 million. Was it really that high?

A: No, it wasn't. It's a nice, round sum that looks good on paper. Bayern didn't want to be seen as selling too cheaply, for fear of appearing as if they're dumping one of their talismans; and Manchester United are quite happy for it to be bandied about, for the opposite reason. The actual fee is much closer to €15 million.

Q: So what you're saying is that Bayern were quite happy to let them go?

A: There was certainly an understanding that they would not put an unrealistic price tag on him to prevent his departure. This was not one of those cases, like Toni Kroos' in 2014, where a player simply has to be sold because he's only got one year left on his contract and could otherwise go free 12 months later. Bayern felt they owed their longest-serving player at least an uncomplicated farewell if they didn't make him an offer to extend his contract beyond 2016.

Bayern reasons for selling Schweinsteiger to Man United - ESPN FC

Lol, what the **** is this.

[video=youtube;qdMFz-W5HaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdMFz-W5HaA[/video]

Just been talking to a French friend and the Di Maria rumours are running rife over there.

Everyone that side of the channel seems convinced the Qataries will get their man now they have licence to spend for fun again FWIW.

Last edited:
Just been talking to a French friend and the Di Maria rumours are running rife over there.

Everyone that side of the channel seems convinced the Qataries will get their man no they have licence to spend for fun again FWIW.

Swap deal including Ibra ;) haha

Considering Woodward's stance on De Gea I can't for the life of me see why he'd get rid of a record signing after one season, unless there is serious benefit in players coming the other way. (Not talking about Cavani because he's overrated and wouldn't want him).

Heard Ibra might be on a move back to Milan. Would make Serie A more interesting again as where Ibra goes Scudetto follows.

Haha I think if he moved that sequence of title wins would finally end I'm afraid mate.

Wouldn't mind Ibra back as he is a real winner and leads from the front. Still more dead wood to shift in the team though.

Anywaysss, I'd love to see Otamendi for United (United are my English club since I was a kid). Getting a nice team together now :)

Amazingly Daily Star reports that Schweinsteiger is on 275k per week, and people actually believe in it. The tabloids are really trying to make the Schweinsteiger deal seems worse than it actually is.

Amazingly Daily Star reports that Schweinsteiger is on 275k per week, and people actually believe in it. The tabloids are really trying to make the Schweinsteiger deal seems worse than it actually is.
well even if he is hes worth it

Back