The Manchester United Thread

I REALLY hope the French are WAY off base and he's going nowhere.

Much rather he be in Manchester than not. ;).

Amazingly Daily Star reports that Schweinsteiger is on 275k per week, and people actually believe in it. The tabloids are really trying to make the Schweinsteiger deal seems worse than it actually is.

Media usually take numbers from press in continent and forget that there's a different currency in use.

In German press I saw figures reported being somewhere around 10 - 12 million per year in euros which is roughly 7 - 8.5 million pounds which again is around 150 - 175k per week.

9799DDD52EB3454AB13989FF148923CF.ashx
FE67AC35F9D844B3A71F8265A7F8EF4F.ashx
9C0537EB0257407FB58717857CE3528C.ashx

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Le Parisien are trying to convince you that Di Maria is off to PSG, but they are trying to convince themselves too!

Media usually take numbers from press in continent and forget that there's a different currency in use.

In German press I saw figures reported being somewhere around 10 - 12 million per year in euros which is roughly 7 - 8.5 million pounds which again is around 150 - 175k per week.
It's perplexing, how can people who does this kind of thing as their job consistently failed with their numbers. They were also reporting that we signed Depay for 31m pounds when the club representative of PSV himself said it was 30m euros. Or how Luke Shaw is suddenly earning 160k per week.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Le Parisien are trying to convince you that Di Maria is off to PSG, but they are trying to convince themselves too!

Well, I'm living in Luxembourg, surrounded with French guys everywhere and one lesson I've learned here is never trust a French :P

That deal is never gonna happen.

“Everyone in the squad showed me that they had appreciated my time at United. That was enough for me to leave with the right feeling.”

Van Persie, 31, then interrupted the translator to add: “Let me please add one more person to thank."

“I highly appreciate the work of [executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward in this transfer. He was the man who was very classy in all this. A true gentleman.

"Ed, if you are listening or watching, thank you!’’

RVP on his transfer.

Ed getting praised for the incoming players and now even from the departing players haha

So I guess Utd haven't liked what they've seen from Valdes the time he's been here huh?

Why would you say that? Because he's been left out of the tour? As someone on reddit says, maybe its just LVG trusts Valdes enough, and knows how good Valdes is that he doesn't need to have him on tour. Giving the younger GK's a chance to prove who is better as 3rd place keeper, or even 2nd and eventually successor to DDG.

Why would you say that? Because he's been left out of the tour? As someone on reddit says, maybe its just LVG trusts Valdes enough, and knows how good Valdes is that he doesn't need to have him on tour. Giving the younger GK's a chance to prove who is better as 3rd place keeper, or even 2nd and eventually successor to DDG.

If that was the case then I think LVG should still be taking him. Everyone bangs on about football teams being a unit, everyone together and leaving him behind won't be contributing to team mentality.

Not that I'm overly bothered about all that lot :P

Lewandowski's agent comments sure are interesting, £35m for us is nothing in reality so we could attempt it, would be very hard to pull off but get the sense that it could be done, money talks.

I think he would be absolutely perfect for United, infact I have for an extremely long time well into his Dortmund days, if there was one striker I'd go big and all out for it would be him. How many strikers even fit into his category these days, not many at all at the top level.

Back