The Manchester United Thread

Fuuuuck. Basti looks like he's never skipped leg day since the day he was born.

0 arm days though ;)

If Lewandowski was really available for 35mil I'd be shocked..... Would love to see him in the Prem though so lets hope its some how correct ;)

Fuuuuck. Basti looks like he's never skipped leg day since the day he was born.

BqAPNnUIcAAV6N-.jpg

Why would you say that? Because he's been left out of the tour? As someone on reddit says, maybe its just LVG trusts Valdes enough, and knows how good Valdes is that he doesn't need to have him on tour. Giving the younger GK's a chance to prove who is better as 3rd place keeper, or even 2nd and eventually successor to DDG.

It's a theory. A grasping one, but it's a theory.

It's a theory. A grasping one, but it's a theory.

Why would it be grasping theory? It's not like Valdes leaving will affect Man Utd much if DDG is staying.

Unless Man Utd get DDG to sign a new contract, We'll still have to buy a new GK

If you can't see the implications of leaving your back-up 'keeper out of the first teams pre-season neither me, Joe nor anyone else can help you.

Same goes for ANY club.

Lewandowski's agent comments sure are interesting, £35m for us is nothing in reality so we could attempt it, would be very hard to pull off but get the sense that it could be done, money talks.

I think he would be absolutely perfect for United, infact I have for an extremely long time well into his Dortmund days, if there was one striker I'd go big and all out for it would be him. How many strikers even fit into his category these days, not many at all at the top level.
Ed got this! :P

Don't get your hopes up people, its widely known here in Poland that Lewandowski's agent is a complete idiot who accidently stumbled upon golden goose.

And 35m fee sounds completely out of the ***. Suarez is about same quality and he was 70 million, with 1 year on his contract.

Lewandowski is similar class, 3 years younger, never gets injured, he has 4 years in his contract, and last but not least he doesn't ******* bite people. Poaching him from Bayern would probably take a fee that's north of Bale's.

Come on Tyton man. With the greatest respect, Lewandowski isn't on the same level as Suarez.

I don't care for him, at all, but he, Messi and Ronaldo are on a separate plain to anything else in the World.

Come on Tyton man. With the greatest respect, Lewandowski isn't on the same level as Suarez.

I don't care for him, at all, but he, Messi and Ronaldo are on a separate plain to anything else in the World.

Did you see Lewandowski score four goals against Real Madrid in 2013? It takes a special player to do that and on his day Lewandowski is just as good as Suarez. But I wouldn't put Suarez up there with Messi and Ronaldo, no ones on the same level as them.

Last edited:
One of these names is not like the others.

Character wise I wouldn't argue. But talent wise I most certainly would.

Did you see Lewandowski score four goals against Real Madrid in 2013? It takes a special player to do that and on his day Lewandowski is just as good as Suarez. But I wouldn't but Suarez up there with Messi and Ronaldo, no ones on the same level as them.

All subjective and down to personal perception, but I wouldn't put Lewandowski in the same bracket as a footballer at all. He's been a very good forward in Germany no question, but he doesn't bring anything like what Suarez brings with his game IMO.

And darn me for getting into this because Luis Suarez is one of the last people I would ever wish to defend. Little to no time for him at all.

Character wise I wouldn't argue. But talent wise I most certainly would.

Look , I'm not gonna get into pointless "who do you rate more" debate, but Suarez and Lewandowski are a lot closer to each other in talent then they are to either Ronaldo or Messi. And like I've said, when you add the fact that Lewandowski is younger, never had a serious injury, and isn't a ticking time bomb that can get suspended for life at any given time, its a no brainer he would be more expensive.

And he certainly offers things that Suarez doesn't. One being aerial threat and the other being his immense physical presence that almost no defender in the world can deal with. Kompany found that the hard way and he's not exactly flimsy.

[video=youtube;ijBtJwgmyvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijBtJwgmyvI[/video]

P9_8Da4K_normal.png
Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_ Manchester United are holding a press-conference today at 10pm UK time to unveil Darmian, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin. #MUFC

Look , I'm not gonna get into pointless "who do you rate more" debate, but Suarez and Lewandowski are a lot closer to each other in talent then they are to either Ronaldo or Messi. And like I've said, when you add the fact that Lewandowski is younger, never had a serious injury, and isn't a ticking time bomb that can get suspended for life at any given time, its a no brainer he would be more expensive.

And he certainly offers things that Suarez doesn't. One being aerial threat and the other being his immense physical presence that almost no defender in the world can deal with. Kompany found that the hard way and he's not exactly flimsy.

[video=youtube;ijBtJwgmyvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijBtJwgmyvI[/video]

That's a foul tho

There is no doubt that Suarez and Lewandowski are two of the best strikers in the world at the moment!

So Van Gaal said Valdes is off for refusing to play for the reserves last season.

Back