The Manchester United Thread

Hmm, didn't sound totally convincing on Di Maria and Valdes is most likely off after not obeying demands of philosophy, hence why not on the tour.

LVG confirmed ADM will be a Utd player and will meet up with the squad on the 25th July
Also said Valdes is for sale because he refused to play with the Reserves last season

Asked why Valdes is not on the tour, Louis says he doesn't follow my philosophy so no place for one player. Philosophy is how you play football and how you maintain your match rhythm. Last year he refused to play in the 2nd team. That's one aspect but there are others.

Says there is only one way and that is out. Confirms he is being sold. Big disappointment for us. We thought he'd follow out philosophy. It's a pity cos we've given opportunity to rehab then given a contract. When you don't play in 1st team you have to play in 2nd, every player has to play that and he refused that.

Picked in last game to help him and to show his qualities for another club.

Tbh from seeing the last game of season no way in **** Valdes would of been a good 1st choice option at United, no big loss.

Got a feeling Di Maria may be off, LVG didn't rule out anything - said it was a process, if we get the right offer can see us letting him go, sad really as our team as an attacking unit looks a lot less stronger without him.

Are you confident he (Di Maria) will be here next season? "We shall see". It's a process for Di Maria and United. I count with him as he is still a member of United and he'll come 25th July

From this presser what i got is -

Schneiderlin, Blind, Carrick, Schweinsteiger competing for 2 spots most of the time.

Valdes is gone. His attitude not up to par.

Rafael is gone. He isn't good defender as LVG wants as per LVG.

He told Van persie at end of last season he is gone.

Hernandez seems likely to leave too, unless as 2nd backup.

De Gea could leave and could not leave.

Di Maria can leave too. He wasn't categorical about it and said it was a process we will see.

Sergio Romero rumors seems true seeing his last response to Simon Stone. Though it is a process.

Mcnair will no longer be RB but CB.

Are you confident he (Di Maria) will be here next season? "We shall see". It's a process for Di Maria and United. I count with him as he is still a member of United and he'll come 25th July

Yeh wasn't convincing at all. if Di Maria goes would we even replace him with anyone or have time to for that matter? Probably not and I don't even know who's available without spunking a load........ Gaitain...... but he's mediocre. Really would rather keep him for another season and see how he copes, he did kind of give off the 'nothing is going right I'm giving up' attitude at the latter stage of the season, which is not really what you want from a player.

Not exactly convincing words from LvG. I can't see it happening, but if PSG come in with a silly bid then you never know.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Louis van Gaal has revealed Victor Valdes was not selected for #MUtour and expects the goalkeeper to leave the club.

Yeh wasn't convincing at all. if Di Maria goes would we even replace him with anyone or have time to for that matter? Probably not and I don't even know who's available without spunking a load........ Gaitain...... but he's mediocre. Really would rather keep him for another season and see how he copes, he did kind of give off the 'nothing is going right I'm giving up' attitude at the latter stage of the season, which is not really what you want from a player.
I don't think he will go tbh. ED has said he will be staying, LVG said he could leave last season if he asked but LVG confirmed he did not ask to leave. And hes said in every single interview since that hes staying and wants to fight for his place. LVG said he meeting up on the 25th and I think that will be that.

Love how tore shreds out the Journos lol. It was brutal :) Also sounds like Hernandez is behind Wilson and I can see him being sold if that's the case.

If we end up selling him at least make it be Bayern, we could negotiate for Muller or Lewandowski coming the other way ;)

However if it's with PSG and Cavani ends up being in the deal I'd be ****** off to the highest level, literally every time I see him he does nothing and is so over rated it's scary. He has the odd moment of magic in a game and then goes missing for 5 more games.

If we end up selling him at least make it be Bayern, we could negotiate for Muller or Lewandowski coming the other way ;)

However if it's with PSG and Cavani ends up being in the deal I'd be ****** off to the highest level, literally every time I see him he does nothing and is so over rated it's scary. He has the odd moment of magic in a game and then goes missing for 5 more games.
Cant see him going to Bayern they are just gonna spend a huge chunk on Vidal and there not really desperate for wingers, and I cant see them paying what we would be asking for same with PSG. Also how ever good ED has been we wont get another player from Bayern this window. TBH LVG did say that he counting on him in the presser as well.

bbsport_twitter_normal.png
BBC Sport
@BBCSport #mufc to sell Victor Valdes because "he doesn't follow my philosophy. There's no place for someone like that," says Louis van Gaal.

Cant see him going to Bayern they are just gonna spend a huge chunk on Vidal and there not really desperate for wingers

But they are. Robben and Ribbery are getting old and far too injury prone to be relied on. Their entire 2nd part of the seasons got ruined exactly because of that.

Back