The Manchester United Thread

ea223eeb64ad953fe8bf7bba08db3388_normal.jpeg
Paul Hirst @hirstclass MUFC not hopeful of keeping DDG but are happy to let contract run down. The only way they will do business is as part of swap deal for Ramos

Follow

Paul Hirst @hirstclass

LVG said to be "relaxed" about the situation. He has contingency plans in place if DDG leaves this summer. Cillessen in frame if he goes.

gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Sky Sources: Manchester United expect goalkeeper David De Gea to leave either this summer or next summer. #SSNHQ

Fecking **** SSN on the ball :P

In an ideal world we should get our future goalkeeper now just in case, to give him the settling in period like DDG had but without the pressure of being immediate first choice to prevent mistakes for when the time comes. Can play games in FA/Capital One Cup.

In an ideal world we should get our future goalkeeper now just in case, to give him the settling in period like DDG had but without the pressure of being immediate first choice to prevent mistakes for when the time comes. Can play games in FA/Capital One Cup.
TBH we most probably have that at the club already with the amount of top quality young GKs we have signed lately. We are stacked at all age groups now with GKs.

TBH we most probably have that at the club already with the amount of top quality young GKs we have signed lately. We are stacked at all age groups now with GKs.

Don't think anyone will be ready in one year tbh they are for the long future which may not even materialise.

Far more pressing concern is fi De Gea leaves the end the window and you're panicked into someone like the Ajax fella' who is nowhere near the required standard.

We won't sell De Gea now unless Madrid offer big or Ramos, I'll agree Cilessen is not good enough though.

Far more pressing concern is fi De Gea leaves the end the window and you're panicked into someone like the Ajax fella' who is nowhere near the required standard.
It wont come to that. ED wont deal that late on for DDG in the window. Even it was the case we would just splash out on someone else Lloris or Leno release clause. Cillisen is massively underated on here, big time! And if Marcel Bout and Frans Hoek think hes good enough that's fine by me.

Never say anything for certain in a transfer window when Madrid's involved.

Last edited:
I don't see him going tbh. With Lloris injured, Valdes gone, Begovic moving, there's no proven PL replacement available. Leno isn't exactly a no-risk transfer.

Don't think he's anything special at all, a very average keeper, not particularly good at anything.
I watched about 28 Ajax games last season and I cant remember him making any shocking mistakes. May not be the big name some fans seem obsessed with, but he is solid and dependable and good enough with the ball and his distribution. Anyway all our staff rate him so that's good enough for me.

I watched about 28 Ajax games last season and I cant remember him making any shocking mistakes. May not be the big name some fans seem obsessed with, but he is solid and dependable and good enough with the ball and his distribution. Anyway all our staff rate him so that's good enough for me.

To be fair the Dutch league is little better overall standard than the SPL so that's hardly a gage.

the thing is if we get our def sorted and solid you dont need a world class keeper just who does all the right stuff when he needs to

Luxembourg is nice and relaxing but EXTREMELY quiet in that there is very very limited nightlife. After around 10pm almost everything seems to close esp on weekdays. But it is sooooo near to most places such as Paris, Brussels etc

Duly noted. Thanks.

Back