The Manchester United Thread

e3wawdVp_normal.jpg
Memphis
@Memphis First game for me in my @ManUtd Kit. Dream Believe Achieve. #matchday #MUtour #RedDevil #Seattle
1f1fa-1f1f8.png

God 442 is terrible to watch. No control what so ever. Impressed with Schniederlin,Darmian,Johnstone. Not impressed with Blind at CB got caught out and should have had a peno against. Also not impressed with Memphis playing as a STR. Was good with the ball, but is clearly not a natural and some of his best attributes are wasted there.

I hope Johnstone gets a good cup run this season. Its about time we tried to bring through our own GK. Perreira looks good so far. Schweinsteiger composed as always on the ball. Looks like hes been there years. Januzaj needs to work on his accuracy when finishing. Too many what you would call easy shots off target. Lingard again decent going forward. Very quick when running with the ball. I hope he stays and gets game time instead of being loaned out again. On tours over the last years hes always been one of the better players.

God we will get fecked over big time if we play 442 this season! No options for the CBs and just hoofing it up field losing possession, also when our holding out the 2 CMs lost the ball the Opo team were straight at our defence. With the 2 I CM we could not keep good possession and looked **** when pressed. I hope were not gonna have a Pre Season of formation experimenting again. Was very happy with Schniederlin,Darmian,Johnstone in the 1st half and Pereira,Scheinstiger,Lingard,Januzaj in the 2nd. Please no more 442, Blind at CB and Memphis a STR. And please buy a STR and a commanding CB.

God we will get fecked over big time if we play 442 this season! No options for the CBs and just hoofing it up field losing possession, also when our holding out the 2 CMs lost the ball the Opo team were straight at our defence. With the 2 I CM we could not keep good possession and looked **** when pressed. I hope were not gonna have a Pre Season of formation experimenting again. Was very happy with Schniederlin,Darmian,Johnstone in the 1st half and Pereira,Scheinstiger,Lingard,Januzaj in the 2nd. Please no more 442, Blind at CB and Memphis a STR. And please buy a STR and a commanding CB.

It was 4-2-3-1. Also players were available for passes but 4 opposition players pressed high to mark them, so only route was to kick it long.

Also looks like you are reading too much into the first game. This is nothing but getting fitness levels up.

Told u LVG would use Depay as a striker :D

As sunilvk7 says, this game and the next is all about fitness. LVG has already said he'll use all the players in the first 2 games with each playing 45 mins. We'll see his true thinking and what should be his preferred starting 11 for the last 2 games. Will maybe give a run out to rojo and di Maria in the last game also, if di Maria is still here. He could well be lining up for PSG by then :(

LVG has said Hernandez will get a chance to prove himself when he joins with the squad on the 25th. Hopefully he'll do well and we'll keep him on as a back-up. With Rooney, Wilson and Hernandez, plus Fellaini/Depay, we should have enough cover. But he did say there could be a surprise so we'll have to wait and see.

Told u LVG would use Depay as a striker :D

As sunilvk7 says, this game and the next is all about fitness. LVG has already said he'll use all the players in the first 2 games with each playing 45 mins. We'll see his true thinking and what should be his preferred starting 11 for the last 2 games. Will maybe give a run out to rojo and di Maria in the last game also, if di Maria is still here. He could well be lining up for PSG by then :(
Oh yeah I know mate it was just about Fitness lol. Did not mean to sound over critical, was a bit grumpy after being awake nearly 48hrs :P I cant see LVG sticking with Memphis as a STR you could clearly see it was not his natural position, but could do a job there if needs be. Yeah will defo have a better idea come the last 2 games. Happy with the win and was some positives already. Still did not like the formation though!

It was 4-2-3-1. Also players were available for passes but 4 opposition players pressed high to mark them, so only route was to kick it long.

Also looks like you are reading too much into the first game. This is nothing but getting fitness levels up.
442/4231 still did not look great even LVG was not happy after the match with players available or our control. Still early days. Maybe hes just working on things for differing opponenets in the Prem. **** it was glorius seeing Schweinstiger in a Utd jersey. Good to see Rooney and Shaw looking fit also.

Laurent Blanc on Angel Di Maria: "Its not easy maybe not possible. Its very difficult case, as the player plays for a very, very big English club, with big money and pay him big wages."

Few quotes from EDs interview this morning-

Woodward: "We are always able to look at a position + review a list of potential players who can fill that role."

Woodward: "We then discuss this list with Van Gaal and he decides. We always have more than 1 target per position."

Woodward: "All I do is negotiate with the club and the player. It's not always easy."

Woodward on when a deal is completed: "It's relentless. Signing a player is a moment of happiness but then it is who is next?"

Woodward on Schweinsteiger: "It wasn't straight forward."

Well, at least he didn't try pairing Carrick with Schweiny. Guardiola tried similar thing with Xabi+Bastian and it was a disaster as they kept being overrun.

For me it's just glaringly obvious that our most important signing this summer is a CB... until that's done our window isn't going to be a truly successful one for the forthcoming season.

Also a good second striker, Depay isn't going to play there I hope, as he's not that effective.

Back