The Manchester United Thread

For me it's just glaringly obvious that our most important signing this summer is a CB... until that's done our window isn't going to be a truly successful one for the forthcoming season.

Also a good second striker, Depay isn't going to play there I hope, as he's not that effective.
Echo what your saying there! Especially the STR. But LVG did say he was gonna give Hernanadez a chance.

Echo what your saying there! Especially the STR. But LVG did say he was gonna give Hernanadez a chance.

Meh, Welbeck was a much better option than Hernandez, doesn't make sense why we'd rely on him again all of a sudden for such an important position in this season if Rooney gets injured.

Schneiderlin looked a class above our midfield in first half, Carrick was no where near as assured.

Meh, Welbeck was a much better option than Hernandez, doesn't make sense why we'd rely on him again all of a sudden for such an important position in this season if Rooney gets injured.
I actually rate Hernandez as a better STR tbh than Welbeck. Least he can has a pretty good record in front of goal. Will see what rest of Summer brings.

Not sure if serious ;)

Stranger things have happened lol. He would be relatively cheap in todays market, proven Premiership goalscorer albeit only for 1 season but 18 goals for a relegated side isnt too bad. He can be trusted to lead the line on his own in my opinion, more so than Wilson anyway and has a lot more to his game than just a poacher like Hernandez. He'd be happy to play second fiddle to Rooney and could work very well with either of the other strikers if we played 2 up top. Everything on paper looks good.

Saying all that, I dont think LVG is thinking that much of a surprise lol.

Schneiderlin looked a class above our midfield in first half, Carrick was no where near as assured.
Helped that he had been training for Saints for 2 and a half weeks. Carrick was always gonna be miles off the pace with lack of football last season and his recovery from calf injury. So happy we signed Schneiderlin MOTM last night for me. Darmian was very good also.

Dont forget that LVG wasn't happy with the state of the pitch. He could have instructed the players to lay off the gas a bit to avoid injury. I wouldn't have liked Depay to be tearing up and down the wing and quickly changing direction on that surface. ACL just waiting to happen.

481163460-memphis-depay-of-manchester-united-in-action-gettyimages.jpg
481168216-morgan-schneiderlin-of-manchester-united-gettyimages.jpg
481168204-bastian-schweinsteiger-of-manchester-united-gettyimages.jpg

From what I saw nothing to be worried about really, apart from Blind at CB, new signings looked promising and the pitch was not the best, got the win and could of had more goals.

Most importantly we didn't pick up any injuries and pretty much all our players got some game time.

I actually rate Hernandez as a better STR tbh than Welbeck. Least he can has a pretty good record in front of goal. Will see what rest of Summer brings.

I would hope for his sake he's a better striker than Welbeck, who is the very definition of mediocrity.

What Wenger was thinking I do not know.

Welbeck's got a much better all round game with his movement and brings others into play much better. Ironically his only weak point is getting goals, Hernandez pretty good poacher but weak game other then that, doesn't offer anything movement wise like Welbeck.

Welbeck's got a much better all round game with his movement and brings others into play much better. Ironically his only weak point is getting goals, Hernandez pretty good poacher but weak game other then that, doesn't offer anything movement wise like Welbeck.
We need goals Hernandez over Welbeck easy for me and 10 times over! With the players we now have out wide and CM Hernandez can do what he does best.

Hernandez off the ball movement is among the best in the league.

Ferguson just died a little.

Except Fergie stopped playing 4-4-2 many years back.

For me it's just glaringly obvious that our most important signing this summer is a CB... until that's done our window isn't going to be a truly successful one for the forthcoming season.

Also a good second striker, Depay isn't going to play there I hope, as he's not that effective.

Hernandez is more than good enough for back up striker role. He was good enough to play for Madrid in CL quarter finals, also his record is decent in PL.

CB is top priority IMO. Big CB signing and we are set.

442/4231 still did not look great even LVG was not happy after the match with players available or our control. Still early days. Maybe hes just working on things for differing opponenets in the Prem. **** it was glorius seeing Schweinstiger in a Utd jersey. Good to see Rooney and Shaw looking fit also.

It's just a first pre season game with main intention to give 45 mins to almost everyone. Van Gaal said long back that in first game he will give 45 mins to everyone.

Back